Supply Planning Manager
Every day, employees working in Takeda’s Global Manufacturing and Supply Chain, and Global Quality business unit are shaping the future of healthcare. They are breaking down barriers and ensuring our life-changing medicines are available, accessible, and affordable to patients. Life-changing for you. Life-changing for patients.
Global Manufacturing and Supply Chain, and Global Quality is the backbone of Takeda, and our employees are the guardians for our patients, our products, and our reputation. As a member of our team, we can offer you the opportunity to grow in a meaningful career, develop your skills, and come to work every day knowing that what you do makes a genuine difference.
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
Life at Takeda
A Global Top Employer
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only select companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2020.
At Takeda, your determination and energy, combined with our cutting-edge technology and global R&D, offers families and communities hope for Better Health and a Brighter Future.
Learn more about Manufacturing, Supply Chain, and Quality careers within our global biopharmaceutical company.
At Takeda, there is an unwavering commitment to putting patients first, and to creating a workplace that is underpinned by empowerment and focused on diversity, collaboration and steadfast values.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Here, you will feel welcomed, respected, and valued as a vital contributor our global team.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 13 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2020.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
Supply Planning ManagerApply Now
Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us as a Supply Planning Manager in our Lexington, MA office.
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission.
As a Supply Planner working on the Global Manufacturing and Supply team, you will be empowered to drive a successful supply chain program and positively impact our commercialization plans. In this role, you will contribute to Takeda’s mission by ensuring a consistent supply of materials for our innovative medicines. A typical day will include:
- Responsible for the planning and on-time execution of product commercialization plans, contract and price negotiations, post-commercialization supply chain management, communication of product/supply chain status and issues to ensure timely decision making by Senior Management.
- Participates in the development and execution of the pre-commercialization strategy and has primary responsibility for the planning and execution of the post-commercialization strategy, which involves coordination, development and implementation of forecast, marketing and product strategies.
- Functions as the principle liaison between Takeda and its domestic/international, third party contractors, drug product and raw material suppliers for commercialized products, government agencies for controlled substance quotas and monitors third party performance through metrics and goals.
- Responsible for providing leadership for strategic and tactical supply chain initiatives.
- Provide strategic vision and definition for short and long-term supply chain integration initiatives to align with corporate business objectives.
- Oversee and review the development and third-party execution against performance metrics and assure timely improvements to operational performance and productivity, as well as communication of planning information to internal and external functional departments.
- Responsible for the fiscal management of Takeda’s working capital, (i.e. bulk drug product, finished drug product, packaging commodities, etc) located within Takeda’s network, licensors, or at suppliers, third party contract organizations.
- Influence qualified third party/raw material suppliers to make necessary capital investments and expenditures in order to assure a continuous supply of goods.
- Serve as primary supply chain liaison with Operations Management, Quality, Project Management, Legal, Marketing, Finance, Customer Service, Regulatory, Sales, Customs and Logistics for commercialized products.
- Oversee management and communication of product forecasts, scheduling requirements, goals, resource planning and budgets with third party contractors to assure that appropriate capacities and resources are available to produce the product needed for all commercialized products.
- Continuously evaluate environmental, legislative, compliance, customs and internal factors, which will potentially impact Takeda’s supply chain.
- Oversee the process to translate inputs from Marketing and Finance into a procurement plan and effectively communicate such information across the supply chain.
- Manage and facilitate activities with Customer Service and Trade Relations to ensure proper communication of product demand and product availability.
- Oversee design, development and implementation of cost savings and cost reductions driven by supply chain innovations and improvements.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor degree in health science, packaging, engineering, business or logistics management preferred
- Minimum of 3 years of planning and operations experience or combination thereof.
- Proficient in presentation tools and techniques.
- Proficient in application of materials management and packaging tools and techniques.
- Working knowledge of SAP planning tools or ability to quickly become proficient with using these tools
- Experience with APO and/or SNP preferred
- Willingness to travel to various meetings or client sites, including overnight trips. International travel may be required.
- Requires approximately 10% travel
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Discover more at takedajobs.com
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.
Job ID R0025128