Every day, employees working in Takeda’s Global Manufacturing and Supply Chain, and Global Quality business unit are shaping the future of healthcare. They are breaking down barriers and ensuring our life-changing medicines are available, accessible, and affordable to patients. Life-changing for you. Life-changing for patients.
Global Manufacturing and Supply Chain, and Global Quality is the backbone of Takeda, and our employees are the guardians for our patients, our products, and our reputation. As a member of our team, we can offer you the opportunity to grow in a meaningful career, develop your skills, and come to work every day knowing that what you do makes a genuine difference.
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
Life at Takeda
A Global Top Employer
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only select companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2019.
At Takeda, your determination and energy, combined with our cutting-edge technology and global R&D, offers families and communities hope for Better Health and a Brighter Future.
Learn more about Manufacturing, Supply Chain, and Quality careers within our global biopharmaceutical company.
At Takeda, there is an unwavering commitment to putting patients first, and to creating a workplace that is underpinned by empowerment and focused on diversity, collaboration and steadfast values.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Here, you will feel welcomed, respected, and valued as a vital contributor our global team.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 13 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2018.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
Supply PlannerApply Now
The Supply Planner’s responsibility will cover on-time-supply, inventory strategy, vendor management, and all other supply chain related activities to finished Drug Product to ensure compliant product is available to the packaging sites. This ultimately enables Takeda to meet the requirements of the markets in time.
- The Supply planner is responsible for processing all relevant transactions within the ERP systems: the Supply Plan for finished goods stages creation with selection of components, Goods Receipts, stock transfers etc.
- The Supply Planner will also be responsible or will participate in cross-functional efforts to resolve any product issues
- The Supply planner is responsible for execution and transacting activities to meet finished goods inventory plans.
- Create & Execute Master plans for end-to-end network
- The Supply Planner is responsible for ensuring that the planning cycle is adhered to on a pre-determined basis.
- Generates schedules for the supply chain, to include, Drug Product and Finished Drug Product.
- Collaborates with internal / external sites to hand over production schedules, and ensures plan alignment.
- Develops content for preparatory S&OP meetings and participates in monthly S&OP meetings to review performance: sales, forecast, supply issues etc.
- Interaction with Sales & Operations Planning (S&OP) and commercial leads to ensure alignment of the supply/demand vs. market needs.
- Project related activities
- Participate in projects to ensure long term market supply, support launch management activities and support the lifecycle management of existing products. Expedite and support activities as necessary for geographical expansion of the company’s products
- Support the Long Range Capacity Planning (LRCP) process.
- Manage and measure internal sites and CMOs to adhere to the plan
- The Supply Planner manages the day-to-day relationships with Takeda’s internal sites and CMOs to ensure adequate product to meet inventory strategies.
- Manages the integrated supply chain between the contract manufacturers, the distribution center and the Local Operating Companies
- Inventory reconciliation: ensure all stock discrepancies between the ERP system and the CMO’s system are followed up, fixed and recorded.
Technical/Functional (Line) Expertise
- Generates the Plan for the supply chain, to include Drug Product and Finished Drug Product.
- The Supply Planner will create an accurate schedule plan for their assigned group of products within Takeda. This includes all related supply chain activities including all SAP planning parameters and data maintenance to allow timely and accurate generation of Purchase Orders and forecasts for Takeda’s Internal sites and Contract Manufacturers (CMOs).
- This person will work in collaboration with the Takeda GMSGQ teams and cross functionally with external supply, quality , technical and other stakeholders .
- Good communication and interpersonal skills are required.
- Demonstrates Takeda values in this role
- Proven experience in working with Global supply chains
- Ability to represent OpU Supply Chain at internal/external meetings
Decision-making and Autonomy
- Excellent interpersonal skills – able to establish respect and good working relationships with senior management worldwide
- Ability to work off own initiative in prioritizing and balancing product supply
- Demonstrated experience in designing, maintaining and enhancing supply chain processes
- Demonstrated experience working in a Global outsourced supply chain
- Able to drive change, add value and work autonomously
- In line with Takeda values and competencies to be customer focused, respectful, of high integrity, be open and honest, and be excellent in execution
- Exceptional interpersonal skills; collegial, “team player” who is able to thrive within both a line and matrix organization, and within a global, multi-site/multi-cultural context
- Clear, concise communication skills, both written and spoken
- Demonstrated ability to interact professionally, to influence, and to manage conflict/differing opinions with the ability to drive solutions
- Well organized, detail oriented, self-motivated, and independent with the ability to initiate and drive goals, project schedules, and manage a team.
- Detailed knowledge of ERP systems and schedule planning and execution.
- Able to demonstrate playing a major role in a large system implementation.
- Experience with lean processes.
- The scope of this role spans Drug Substance and Drug Product manufactured and tested at multiple internal sites and CMOs across the globe.
- Monitors all operations and project related activities and takes action as needed to ensure timely delivery of goals and to meet KPIs
- Proven ability to operate with cross functional internal and external partners
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS
- Degree in Business, Engineering or Operations Management, or equivalent
- 3 - 5years experience in various and growing supply chain roles
- 3 -5 years experience in ERP/MRP systems and tools implementations
- SAP R/3 experience +
- APO Supplier Network Planner
- Interpersonal skills and communication skills to interact with internal sites and CMO partners and other functions.
- Must be able to prioritize in a busy environment.
- Must be able to travel approx 15% (domestic and international)
- Must be fluent in English
Notice to Employment / Recruitment Agents:
Employment / Recruitment agents may only submit candidates for vacancies only if they have written authorization to do so from Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda’s Talent Acquisition department. Any agency candidate submission may only be submitted to positions opened to the agency through the specific Agency Portal. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda will only pay a fee for candidates submitted or presented where there is a fully executed contract in place between the Employment / Recruitment agents and Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda and only if the candidate is submitted via the Agency Portal. Candidates submitted or presented by Employment / Recruitment Agents without a fully executed contract or submitted through this site shall not be deemed to form part of any Engagement for which the Agency may claim remuneration.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, will not discriminate against any worker or job applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy, gender reassignment, non-job related mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, military service, application for military service, or membership in any other category protected under law.
EEO is the Law - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
EEO is the Law – Supplement - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf
Pay Transparency Policy - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf
Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please call 484-595-8400 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Job ID SR0040690