Storage and Backup Technical Service Manager
Takeda fosters a collaborative and stimulating work environment filled with opportunity and the chance to make a difference in people's lives. It is a workplace driven by integrity, one of Takeda’s long-held values that extends to both the patients we serve and our employees who develop and deliver medicines. Across our company, Takeda employees bring together diverse strengths that together create a stronger whole.
As one of the world’s leading biopharmaceutical companies, Takeda is committed to bringing Better Health and a Brighter future to people worldwide. We aspire to bring our leadership in translating science into life-changing medicines to the next level, in our core focus areas; oncology, gastroenterology, neuroscience, rare diseases, plasma-derived therapies, and vaccines. The Greater Boston Area is headquarters to many of our Global and US business units.
We are a passionate team doing important work that impacts patients’ lives. If you are driven to create better health and a brighter future, join us!
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Results Driven
- Team Player
Life at Takeda
A Global Top Employer
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only select companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2020.
Check Out Takeda’s Cambridge Office
View a panoramic tour of the Cambridge office, study a map of the Takeda campus, and see all the amazing nearby attractions
Research & Development
By focusing R&D efforts on four therapeutic areas and other targeted investments, our aim is to thrive at the cutting edge of innovation that solves unmet medical needs, through internal R&D and in collaboration with cross-industry partners. We have the scale and expertise to be a leading global, Values-based, R&D-driven biopharmaceutical company with dynamic, focused R&D efforts.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Since 1781, the values of Takeda-ism (Integrity, Fairness, Honesty, and Perseverance) have guided everything we do—from decision-making to interacting with patients.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 13 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2020.
Storage and Backup Technical Service ManagerApply Now
Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us as a Storage and Backup Technical Service Manager in our Cambridge, MA office.
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission.
- The Storage Technical Service Manager will be responsible for the technical support of Takeda’s managed enterprise storage and Backup Recovery environment
- The key area of focus will include developing standards, technology roadmaps, capacity planning, process development and monitoring
- Role also includes creation of processes, policies and procedures related to the Storage and Backup Recovery infrastructure
- Assist in the development of architectural standards and ensure common architecture decisions are implemented consistently across Service / Core teams
- Collaborate with Service Owners to define future service offerings based on customer demand, Functional portfolio / architecture, industry trends, and cost pressures
- Gain acceptance of architecture standards and blueprints by engaging with Service Owners, Head of Hosting & Cloud Services, IT Functional Leads, Legal and Records Information leads, Managed Service Providers and other relevant stakeholders
- Promote appropriate use of and adherence to reference architectures when developing new services
- Provide consulting expertise during detailed design, build, test and deploy phases to shape and guide development of services offered by service teams
- Actively communicate with service teams to understand status and delivery of all services
- Advocate effective architectural designs and optimize current architecture and processes
- Define processes and practices for evaluating new technologies and their potential value to the business
- Define and maintain service architecture principles, policies and standards, and ensure governance by leading the Service Architecture Governance Board
- Identify major technology trends and competitive forces relevant to Storage and Data Protection customer needs
- Plan and execute the technology refresh
- Capacity planning and procurement recommendations
EDUCATION, BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience required, including 5+ years in a technical environment, with experience as the senior technical resource
- 5-10+ years of experience in storage and data protection infrastructure environment, preferably architecting global storage and data protection strategies.
- Deep knowledge in hybrid service reference architecture, orchestration, compute, storage, networking, database management and information security
- Design and implementation of the storage solution for the VMWare infrastructure preferably using the Tintri VMWare storage and EMC Unity
- Hands on experience managing Storage for both Physical and Virtual servers based
- Design and Implementation of File Share solution preferably built upon Nasuni File servers with EMC ECS as the backend Object Storage, Isilon, AWS S3 storage.
- Knowledge of Netapp and EMC Storage products like VMAX, VNX, Centera and Celera is a plus
- Experience with performing large-scale data migrations from traditional SAN storage to newer Storage systems that are built and optimized for Virtualization and Cloud computing
- Follow and assist in the development of plans, strategies and procedures for the operations of the Enterprise Storage team
- EMC Proven Professional, AWS Solutions Architect Associate, Tintri Certified Cloud Expert(TCCE)
- Requires approximately 25% travel.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Discover more at takedajobs.com
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.
Notice to Employment / Recruitment Agents:
Employment / Recruitment agents may only submit candidates for vacancies only if they have written authorization to do so from Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda’s Talent Acquisition department. Any agency candidate submission may only be submitted to positions opened to the agency through the specific Agency Portal. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda will only pay a fee for candidates submitted or presented where there is a fully executed contract in place between the Employment / Recruitment agents and Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda and only if the candidate is submitted via the Agency Portal. Candidates submitted or presented by Employment / Recruitment Agents without a fully executed contract or submitted through this site shall not be deemed to form part of any Engagement for which the Agency may claim remuneration.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, will not discriminate against any worker or job applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy, gender reassignment, non-job related mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, military service, application for military service, or membership in any other category protected under law.
EEO is the Law - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
EEO is the Law – Supplement - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf
Pay Transparency Policy - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf
Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please call 484-595-8400 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Job ID SR0041353