Senior Quality Assurance Specialist II - New Product Introduction
Every day, employees working in Takeda’s Global Manufacturing and Supply Chain, and Global Quality business unit are shaping the future of healthcare. They are breaking down barriers and ensuring our life-changing medicines are available, accessible, and affordable to patients. Life-changing for you. Life-changing for patients.
Global Manufacturing and Supply Chain, and Global Quality is the backbone of Takeda, and our employees are the guardians for our patients, our products, and our reputation. As a member of our team, we can offer you the opportunity to grow in a meaningful career, develop your skills, and come to work every day knowing that what you do makes a genuine difference.
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
Life at Takeda
A Global Top Employer
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only select companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2019.
At Takeda, your determination and energy, combined with our cutting-edge technology and global R&D, offers families and communities hope for Better Health and a Brighter Future.
Learn more about Manufacturing, Supply Chain, and Quality careers within our global biopharmaceutical company.
At Takeda, there is an unwavering commitment to putting patients first, and to creating a workplace that is underpinned by empowerment and focused on diversity, collaboration and steadfast values.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Here, you will feel welcomed, respected, and valued as a vital contributor our global team.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 13 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2018.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
Senior Quality Assurance Specialist II - New Product IntroductionApply Now
The Sr. QA Specialist II will be a senior member of the Quality Assurance team providing support for New Product Introduction QA Operations at the Massachusetts Bio Operations Unit Site. Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Serve as a primary point of contact for New Product Introduction QA Operations Lexington for a given product transferring into or out of the Mass Bio Ops Unit site.
- Serve as Quality Assurance subject matter expert on product and process risk assessments.
- Partner with QA Operations counterparts to execute technical transfer deliverables.
- Collaborate with cross functional scope owners in developing routine, standard and efficient processes for technical transfers at the Lexington site.
- Responsible for ensuring escalation/communication pathways are executed with both immediate QA Management and Site leadership teams throughout the project lifecycle.
- Responsibility for adhering to domestic and international GMP regulations, cGMP’s, company policies, and leadership behaviors.
- QA approver on New Product Introduction Change Controls and other quality systems.
- QA approver on the creation of and revision to master batch records, formulation preparations, SOPs, Test Methods and other GMP documents.
- Attend New Product Introduction Project meetings as primary QA representative.
- Conduct and oversee product and process risk assessment activities for new product introductions.
- Support QA Operations department in various aspects (ie. Quality System approval, document revision approval
- Support agency and third party audits of the Mass Bio Ops Unit site as necessary.
Education and Experience Requirements
- A minimum of a B.S. degree in science or engineering with at least 8 years relevant experience executing, developing, and/or administrating GMP quality programs in cGMP biotech and/or pharmaceutical environments.
- Previous experience working in clinical, commercial and/or multiproduct facilities.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate well orally and in writing.
- Previous experience leading risk assessments and associated tools (ex. FMEA).
Key Skills, Abilities, and Competencies
- Able to perform functions in accordance with cGMP guidelines. Knowledge of regulatory requirements and guidelines for US and Europe.
- Previous experience with leading risk assessments utilizing common tools (ex.FMEA).
- Serve a back up to Head of QA Tech transfer for escalation purposes.
- Proficiency with Microsoft applications Word, Excel, Project, and PowerPoint; ability to learn additional software applications, as the need arises.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong written and oral communication skills required.
- Good interpersonal skills required.
- Adherence to domestic and international GMP regulations, cGMP’s, company policies and leadership capabilities.
- Teamwork skills essential.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to multi-task in a dynamic environment with changing priorities.
- Strong work ethic.
- Ability to meet challenging timelines, in spite of obstacles.
Complexity and Problem Solving
- Employee at this level is involved in a variety of tasks of moderate to high level scope and complexity.
- Candidate receives general instructions on new work; refers to policies and practices for guidance. Work is reviewed for technical soundness and accuracy.
- Responsible for implementing global QA approaches based on sound principles, international industry/regulatory standards, and robust scientific basis.
- Responsible for troubleshooting issues related to quality concerns, implementing effective solutions and corrective actions.
Internal and External Contacts
- Contacts are primarily with other professionals within Takeda and an occasional contact with a CMO or CTL that Takeda has a Quality Technical Agreement in place with.
Notice to Employment / Recruitment Agents:
Employment / Recruitment agents may only submit candidates for vacancies only if they have written authorization to do so from Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda’s Talent Acquisition department. Any agency candidate submission may only be submitted to positions opened to the agency through the specific Agency Portal. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda will only pay a fee for candidates submitted or presented where there is a fully executed contract in place between the Employment / Recruitment agents and Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda and only if the candidate is submitted via the Agency Portal. Candidates submitted or presented by Employment / Recruitment Agents without a fully executed contract or submitted through this site shall not be deemed to form part of any Engagement for which the Agency may claim remuneration.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, will not discriminate against any worker or job applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy, gender reassignment, non-job related mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, military service, application for military service, or membership in any other category protected under law.
EEO is the Law - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
EEO is the Law – Supplement - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf
Pay Transparency Policy - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf
Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please call 484-595-8400 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Job ID SR0043089