Senior Manager, Marketing Capabilities
Takeda fosters a collaborative and stimulating work environment filled with opportunity and the chance to make a difference in people's lives. It is a workplace driven by integrity, one of Takeda’s long-held values that extends to both the patients we serve and our employees who develop and deliver medicines. Across our company, Takeda employees bring together diverse strengths that together create a stronger whole.
As one of the world’s leading biopharmaceutical companies, Takeda is committed to bringing Better Health and a Brighter future to people worldwide. We aspire to bring our leadership in translating science into life-changing medicines to the next level, in our core focus areas; oncology, gastroenterology, neuroscience, rare diseases, plasma-derived therapies, and vaccines. The Greater Boston Area is headquarters to many of our Global and US business units.
We are a passionate team doing important work that impacts patients’ lives. If you are driven to create better health and a brighter future, join us!
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Results Driven
- Team Player
Life at Takeda
A Global Top Employer
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only select companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2019.
Check Out Takeda’s Cambridge Office
View a panoramic tour of the Cambridge office, study a map of the Takeda campus, and see all the amazing nearby attractions
Research & Development
By focusing R&D efforts on four therapeutic areas and other targeted investments, our aim is to thrive at the cutting edge of innovation that solves unmet medical needs, through internal R&D and in collaboration with cross-industry partners. We have the scale and expertise to be a leading global, Values-based, R&D-driven biopharmaceutical company with dynamic, focused R&D efforts.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Since 1781, the values of Takeda-ism (Integrity, Fairness, Honesty, and Perseverance) have guided everything we do—from decision-making to interacting with patients.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 13 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2018.
Senior Manager, Marketing CapabilitiesApply Now
Senior Manager, Marketing Capabilities
Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us as a Senior Manager, Marketing Capabilities.
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission.
The Senior Manager of Marketing Capabilities is part of the Commercial Capabilities Team in the U.S. Business Unit, whose mission is to build “Best-for Takeda” Marketing Capabilities to support the ongoing development of Takeda Marketing Function, build new or enhance marketing processes, and embed process tools across the businesses.
The role supports four business units: Neuroscience, Gastrointestinal, Immunology, and Hematology/Rare, as well as Brand & Multi-Channel Marketing Teams in those businesses. This role is responsible for establishing and sustaining “Best-for-Takeda” marketing capabilities as we expand our portfolio with new product launches.
- Drive organizational change through the development of strong marketing capabilities in partnership with the Brand Teams, Training and Leadership Development, Human Resources, Marketing Operations. Develop and embed strong marketing capabilities within Brand Teams, Multichannel Marketing Team, and Learning & Development.
- Execute marketing capability development programs and training. Drive capability development through execution and management of the capability roadmap in a dynamic business environment with the ability to pivot quickly to address changing business needs and situations. Assess resourcing requirements, manage projects, and evaluate impact through metrics.
- Support marketing processes and capabilities by consulting with Brand Teams on Product Positioning and Messaging, Insights Generation, Brand Planning, Customer Engagement, and Measurement and Reporting, Employee Reward and Recognition and Performance Management.
- Implement change management initiatives involving communications, impact evaluation, and community building while mitigating obstacles. Act as change agent to drive change in the commercial organization.
- Develop and lead a Takeda Marketing Community that connect marketers and fosters teamwork in a results-oriented culture. Maintain an external and customer-facing focus to evaluate innovative trends and opportunities.
- Identify future capability development opportunities and training needs. Identify new training needs and drive development of marketing training content. Provide strategic input into business planning activities among the brand teams and associated partners.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Masters Degree preferred
- Minimum of six years of related experience required, with a minimum of three years or varied marketing roles. Pharmaceuticals experience is preferred.
- Previous Marketing Capabilities Development or Organizational Change Management experience is a plus
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and skills necessary to lead through change and influence without authority
- Strong organizational, planning and project management skills–ability to set priorities, develop workflow processes and tasks and meet timelines for multiple projects
- Demonstrates ability to work effectively and collaboratively in a dynamic matrix environment
- Demonstrates leadership, influencing and coaching skills required
- Demonstrates strategic and critical thinking, as well as problem solving skills
- Proficient using MS Office suite
- None required.
- Ability to drive or fly to various meeting
- Manual dexterity required operating office equipment (i.e. computers, phones, etc.)
- Ability to sit for long periods of time
- Carrying, handling and reaching for objects
- Ability to drive or fly to various meetings or client sites, including overnight trips
- Some international travel may be required
- Requires approximately 10-20% travel
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Discover more at takedajobs.com
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.
Job ID R0012894