Senior Manager, Insights and Analytics - GI
Takeda fosters a collaborative and stimulating work environment filled with opportunity and the chance to make a difference in people's lives. It is a workplace driven by integrity, one of Takeda’s long-held values that extends to both the patients we serve and our employees who develop and deliver medicines. Across our company, Takeda employees bring together diverse strengths that together create a stronger whole.
As one of the world’s leading biopharmaceutical companies, Takeda is committed to bringing Better Health and a Brighter future to people worldwide. We aspire to bring our leadership in translating science into life-changing medicines to the next level, in our core focus areas; oncology, gastroenterology, neuroscience, rare diseases, plasma-derived therapies, and vaccines.
We are a passionate team doing important work that impacts patients’ lives. If you are driven to create better health and a brighter future, join us!
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Results Driven
- Team player
Life at Takeda
Medicine for the world
We put the patient at the center of everything we do as we strive towards better health for people worldwide, through leading innovation in medicine.
“It’s about putting the patient at the center of everything we do. Takeda is very rooted in our four priorities of Patient, Trust, Reputation, Business, or PTRB.”
Chief of Staff
Meet Jen, the Chief of Staff and Head of Gastroenterology (GI) Therapeutic Area Unit General Operations in Boston, Massachusetts.
A Global Top Employer
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only select companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2020.
Since 1781, the values of Takeda-ism (Integrity, Fairness, Honesty, and Perseverance) have guided everything we do—from decision-making to interacting with patients.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 13 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2020.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
Our vision is of a world with accessible healthcare for all, where prevention measures are exponentially advanced and billions are freed of disease. Our approach is rooted in our patient-centricity and the creation of outstanding treatments that change people's lives. Building upon a foundation of sustainability, we are committed to contributing to the long-term health of people through disease prevention.
Senior Manager, Insights and Analytics - GIApply Now
Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a Senior Manager, Insights and Analytics - GI in our Lexington, MA office.
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission, a typical day will include:
Leveraging skills in data analytics to build insightful, creative and continuously improving deliverables to the marketing, sales and commercial strategy teams, along with other key stakeholders across the Takeda Gastroenterology Business Unit (GIBU).
Bringing a consultative approach to working with stakeholders. Work closely with a cross-functional team to analyze data and synthesize insights answering a wide range of strategic and tactical commercial questions related to new product launches. Leads business reviews with the sales, managed markets and marketing leadership for GI portfolio to provide recommendations on effective tactics using KPIs and other lead sales performance indicators.
Becomes a trusted resource within the Gastroenterology Business Unit for brand and launch strategy analytics and insights and gain greater exposure as the Gastroenterology Business Unit grows. Is an advisor across the commercial organization for analyzing secondary data to deliver clear, accurate actionable insights with a relentless focus on accuracy
Working with patient level claims, account and Health Care Professional (HCP) sales data and answered business questions related to the brand, marketing, and market access analytics. Is familiar with patient journey, line of therapy and source of business analytics. The Senior Manager, Insight and Analytics is also responsible for developing new capabilities to build analyses and models that use best practices and industry knowledge.
- Provide an objective and detailed understanding of current and future markets, product performance, customers, and competitors to inform GI product life cycle management, support the commercialization of pipeline assets and guide product and disease area strategy.
- Build strong relationships with internal partners (Marketing/Brand, Sales, Strategy, Medical Affairs, HEOR, Commercial Operations and Forecasting), collaborating effectively to ensure team success.
- Lead and manage the development of a holistic cross-functional GI analytics point of view to address specified ad hoc cross-brand and/or cross-functional business questions that require the integration of output from marketing analytics, sales analytics, decision science, and primarily market research. Creates value by adding own and synthesizing groups’ insights into actionable reports with insights from the results, the “why” of the visual information.
- Manage the performance of detailed, comprehensive secondary market data analyses in the area of regional market landscapes for product portfolios with annual expenditures of over a billion dollars or more. Represents the GI Analytics group in discussions with senior executives in sales force effort allocation submission to TPC. Recommend courses of action to support executive decision making in strategic business planning activities, such as introduction of CSOs, sizing changes, new marketing campaigns.
- Lead reporting projects that enhance the capabilities and effectiveness of the Marketing, Managed Markets, Strategy and Sales Analytics department in business analytics and data driven insights. This involves identification and implementation of data sources, cluster analysis techniques and setting recommendations.
- Work with and mentors analysts within the group to ensure that appropriate analytical techniques are fully leveraged.
- Collaborate with internal experts in Analytics, Market Research, Marketing, Sales, Competitive Intelligence, Managed Markets and R&D to generate robust market assumptions and analytics strategy.
- Lead key market analytics projects to inform strategic and brand planning, forecasting, and market access projects.
- Serve as primary liaison related to any level of GI Analytics Management Staff as appropriate on internal committees or external team (e.g. business partners) meetings and communications. Suggests content for agendas, prepares and delivers presentations to address information needs and provides GI Analytics perspective to decisions at hand.
- Responsible for the preparation and delivery of market, analytics and technical training to new team members (e.g. market trends, secondary data reviews, BI software tools: Tableau or PowerBI, etc).
- Create and deploy tools and resources to continuously improve our understanding of the market and to drive business goals.
- Serve as lead role in working with other TPUSA departments (e.g., Commercial Operations IT, Data Governance, Managed Markets, Incentive Compensation, Sales Reporting) to ensure data quality, compliance and improve the quality of analytics.
- Ensure that all reporting has gone through the QC process to ensure accuracy and communication clarity prior to being presented to our customers.
- Evaluate, recommend and communicate appropriate models/techniques and industry knowledge to other team members.
- Provide team members with timely, constructive feedback, and support. Motivates team to excel by leveraging personal strengths and coaching.
- Identify and proactively seek out opportunities to automate processes to reduce errors and to free up time for more creative work on existing deliverables.
- Participate in the recruiting efforts and decision making for new analysts by evaluating potential for success within DSR and sharing feedback with hiring team.
- Build and maintain a learning and continuous-development environment to ensure employee engagement and growth.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- BA or BS in an analytical field such as statistics, operations research, management science, industrial engineering, economics, math, etc. and 6+ years quantitative analytical or forecasting experience; or advanced degree in an analytical field such as statistics, operations research, management science, industrial engineering, economics, math, etc. and 4+ years statistical analysis and/or quantitative experience.
- Complete understanding and application of quantitative principles, concepts, practices, and standards surrounding the use and manipulation of secondary market data sources.
- Strong command of a variety of analytical and market research techniques, Experience utilizing rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions. Utilizes creativity and ingenuity to develop solutions to complex problems, formulates strategies and approaches that may fall outside historical norms.
- Sought out as an analytical expert and, more importantly, as a strategic adviser. Grasps key issues quickly, understands the "big picture" and links market insights to larger issues.
- In-depth experience designing and conducting quantitative and qualitative primary and secondary market research. The ability to meaningfully portray and effectively communicate complex quantitative data in an easy-to-understand format is required. Must have in-depth knowledge and experience in a complex franchise-specific market. Proven experience with global Sales and Marketing organizations and experience with pharmaceutical data sources e.g., IQVIA/IMS, SHA and chart audits are required.
- Knowledge of coding techniques in SAS and VBA, (Or Python, R, or similar), comfort with automation of reporting.
- Experience with BI tools such as Tableau, Qlikview or similar preferred, willingness to learn required.
- Experience with people management preferred.
- Communication - ability to communicate ideas and data both verbally and written, in a persuasive, organized and appropriate manner, and preparing presentations for customer groups. Can deal with ambiguity and act without having the total picture, is able to effectively pose questions in order to tease out information required for decision-making. Can handle risk and uncertainty.
- Analytical – ability to analyze relevant data sources and understand how to use this information to drive projects that will impact the business.
- Management – ability to set priorities and meet specific deadlines in a changing environment, ability to be flexible, accommodating, and to deal with change effectively and align with business goals. Able to empower others by delegating assignment and clarifying expectations.
- Project Management – Good project management skills and the ability to meet tight deadlines in an environment of competing and changing priorities. Must have strong task management skills to include planning, prioritization, objective setting, and meeting management and plan execution. In-depth ability to use Microsoft Office and other planning software required.
- Customer Service Orientation - ability to gain trust of high-level management and leverage relationships to drive impactful analytical projects. Strong commitment to quality. Consistently and thoroughly reviews work for accuracy before sharing with a wider audience. Delivers final products that are well vetted and reliable
- Teamwork - ability to work effectively in and foster a team environment. Ability to measure and deliver performance feedback as needed.
- Entrepreneurial - ability and desire to take ownership over activities and projects, desire to shape the organization, consistent demonstration of “out of the box” thinking.
- Consultative and creative with a willingness to learn, teach and grow.
- Extensive knowledge of regional landscapes across therapeutic markets and industry best practices.
- Periodic overnight travel may be required, travel not to exceed 20%.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.
Job ID R0023189
Explore the Area
Check out where you could be
working if you apply.