Senior Director - Global Medial Unit Head Rare Hemostasis (Location can be Zürich or Lexington, MA)
Lexington, Massachusetts, Zurich, Switzerland
Takeda fosters a collaborative and stimulating work environment filled with opportunity and the chance to make a difference in people's lives. It is a workplace driven by integrity, one of Takeda’s long-held values that extends to both the patients we serve and our employees who develop and deliver medicines. Across our company, Takeda employees bring together diverse strengths that together create a stronger whole.
What makes a successful member of our team?
We take action and make decisions by focusing on our four priorities in this order:
Putting the patient
at the center
Life at Takeda
To keep delivering new value to patients, we provide growth opportunities for every employee according to their abilities and passions, and together are building a stronger organization.
Procurement Lead, Northern Europe
“Takeda is a unique place to work as there is no ‘every-day routine’ around here – it’s very a dynamic environment where change of plans and adjustments of approach are the constants... This allows for interesting cross-function collaboration and – if you’re up for it - a high degree of influence on your daily job and workplace.”
Regional Head, Europe, Vaccines
“Takeda is a great place to work as the company invests in the continuous development of its employees offering training, coaching, mentoring and open exchanges between all levels of the organization. Also, it is fulfilling to know that, within the Vaccine Business Unit, we are developing and delivering innovative vaccines impacting the lives of millions of people around the world.”
Here, you will feel welcomed, respected, and valued as a vital contributor our global team.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Since 1781, the values of Takeda-ism (Integrity, Fairness, Honesty, and Perseverance) have guided everything we do—from decision-making to interacting with patients.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
Senior Director - Global Medial Unit Head Rare Hemostasis (Location can be Zürich or Lexington, MA)Apply Now
Exciting Senior Director level opportunity to lead the development, roll-out and execution of global medical plans in respective areas of responsibility of “Rare Hemostasis Disorders”.
- Leads development and execution of GMA strategy for specific indications in defined rare hemostasis disorders (TTP, vWillebrand Disease) in close strategic alignment with R&D and and other Takeda functions (i.e. but not limited to: Market Access, Regulatory, Marketing, Business Development)
- Leads a GMA Subteam with 2-3 direct reports
- Responsible for development and implementation of global medical plan in close strategic alignment with Regional Medical Affairs and Local Medical Affairs of strategically important geographies
- Responsible for medical budget of respective projects
- Acts as senior company representative interacting with external scientific leaders, patient advocacy groups and authorities
- Establishes appropriate strategic partnerships with centers of excellence and leading experts in the field
- Collaborates with Legal, Compliance and Regulatory to ensure proper and ethical interactions between GMA and external stakeholders
- Shows leadership to his/her direct reports and drives professional development of direct reports
- Leads by example to drive a respectful, collaborative working environment
Global strategy and planning
- Lead medical development of medical strategy in defined areas of responsibility for pipeline compounds to ensure a scientific and clinical sound development plan
- Lead medical development of medical strategy in defined areas of responsibility for in-line compounds to ensure a medical sound lifecycle management strategy and plan
- Contribute to Global Product Team (GPT) ensuring representation of GMA (personal or through direct reports)
- Develop scientific communication strategy (including congress, scientific education, scientific publication) and scientific communication platform
- Develop data-generation strategy for respective areas in strategic alignment with GPT
- Develop internal training strategy according to stage of lifecycle of product
Global Medical Plan
- Responsible for development, roll-out and execution of global medical plans in respective areas of responsibility of “Rare Hemostasis Disorders”
- Ensure close strategic alignment with Regional and lead LOC Medical Affairs during development and roll out of Global Medical plans
- Execute Data-generation strategy
- Implement scientific communication strategy including Publications, Congresses, Scientific Symposia and External Scientific Edcuation
- Implement internal scientific education /training strategy to ensure state-of-the-art knowledge of medical functions
- Monitor and communicate progress against medical plan
External Stakeholder Management
- Identify and relevant external stakeholders in science, patient advocacy, officials relevant for interactions with Global Medical
- Develop and implement appropriate and compliant scientific engagement plans
- Act as a senior representative in respective indications
- Ensure good cross-indication collaboration within GMA and with Regional/local medical affairs
- Lead the team according to Takeda values and drive people development
- Drive collaboration across indication with other medical teams and functions within GMA Hematology and beyond
- Drive collaboration with cross-functional teams
- Define and track individual goals of direct reports in accordance with overarching goals for GMA Hematology
- A medical degree or PhD with experience in related indications is required
- 5 years plus experience in the pharmaceutical industry, preferably on international and national level
- Experience in Medical Affairs required
- Experience in leading medical of an indication/product
- Experience in clinical development is of benefit
- Experience in the disease area of interest through clinical experience, pharmaceutical industry experience and or development experience is of benefit
- Demonstrated business acumen
- Collaborative mindset and proven skills
- Ability to represent the company’s interest in scientific forums as needed
- Ability to lead teams and inspire talents
- Results driven with high accountability
- 20%-50% Travel
Notice to Employment / Recruitment Agents:
Employment / Recruitment agents may only submit candidates for vacancies only if they have written authorization to do so from Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda’s Talent Acquisition department. Any agency candidate submission may only be submitted to positions opened to the agency through the specific Agency Portal. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda will only pay a fee for candidates submitted or presented where there is a fully executed contract in place between the Employment / Recruitment agents and Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda and only if the candidate is submitted via the Agency Portal. Candidates submitted or presented by Employment / Recruitment Agents without a fully executed contract or submitted through this site shall not be deemed to form part of any Engagement for which the Agency may claim remuneration.
Job ID SR0048992