Every day, employees working in Takeda’s Global Manufacturing and Supply Chain, and Global Quality business unit are shaping the future of healthcare. They are breaking down barriers and ensuring our life-changing medicines are available, accessible, and affordable to patients. Life-changing for you. Life-changing for patients.
Global Manufacturing and Supply Chain, and Global Quality is the backbone of Takeda, and our employees are the guardians for our patients, our products, and our reputation. As a member of our team, we can offer you the opportunity to grow in a meaningful career, develop your skills, and come to work every day knowing that what you do makes a genuine difference.
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
Life at Takeda
A Global Top Employer
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only select companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2020.
At Takeda, your determination and energy, combined with our cutting-edge technology and global R&D, offers families and communities hope for Better Health and a Brighter Future.
Learn more about Manufacturing, Supply Chain, and Quality careers within our global biopharmaceutical company.
At Takeda, there is an unwavering commitment to putting patients first, and to creating a workplace that is underpinned by empowerment and focused on diversity, collaboration and steadfast values.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Here, you will feel welcomed, respected, and valued as a vital contributor our global team.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 13 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2020.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
Process ScientistApply Now
- Member of the global team of process science experts responsible for the manufacturing process for Takeda’s large and diverse commercial biologics portfolio
- Acts as a senior subject matter expert across the biologics portfolio
- Provides technical expertise and leadership for regulatory interactions, including authoring CMC content for multi-site products
- Provide upstream and downstream technical expertise and leadership for various projects across the biologics portfolio, including: lifecycle initiatives to enable supply continuity, risk management, line extensions & discontinuation, process tech transfers, global expansion/contraction, COGs management, regulatory activities, and capability & improvement.
- Ensure technical continuity of manufacturing processes across sites and time
- Provide technical expertise for initiatives and investigations which are complex or span across multiple products
- Lead process improvement projects that span sites or products
- Ensure alignment of CMC content for multi-site products
- Provide technical expertise required to maintain control strategy documents
Technical/Functional (Line) Expertise
- Has a good understanding of biologics manufacturing, the regulatory environment, life cycle management, and trends in innovation
- Ability to influence within teams to drive decisions, alignment, and conflict resolution for complex cross-functional issues
- Being a mentor developing future leaders
- Displays and drives Takeda culture of Takeda-ism, PTRB, safety, and quality into the organization
Decision-making and Autonomy
- Represents Bio Process Sciences on various teams and is empowered to work within the team to align on decisions
- Provides feedback within Bio Process Sciences to ensure LCM alignment across products
- Works with site MS teams on process improvement projects and other LCM projects
- Works within product governance teams to align on effective product LCM
- Works with Biologics Process Development on process improvements and other LCM projects
- Provides technical input to Biologics Process Development for process improvement and other LCM projects
- Ensures process knowledge sharing across sites to ensure technical continuity for multi-site products
- Provides leadership on cross-funtcional teams
- Provides leadership to drive highly complex projects including ones that span multiple sites and products
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
Education / Experience
- BS in engineering, life sciences, or related field with a Minimum 10 years experience, MS with a minimum of 8 years experience, or PhD with 3-5 years experience in pharmaceutical development and manufacturing
- Experience operating globally in a matrix organization highly preferred
- Must have technical knowledge and experience in upstream or downstream produces development
- Must be self-motivated, have good interpersonal skills, capable of analyzing and solving complex problems through innovative thought and experience.
- Focusing on the few priorities and provide superior results
- Elevating capabilities for now and the future
- Provide leadership on cross-functional teams
Notice to Employment / Recruitment Agents:
Employment / Recruitment agents may only submit candidates for vacancies only if they have written authorization to do so from Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda’s Talent Acquisition department. Any agency candidate submission may only be submitted to positions opened to the agency through the specific Agency Portal. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda will only pay a fee for candidates submitted or presented where there is a fully executed contract in place between the Employment / Recruitment agents and Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda and only if the candidate is submitted via the Agency Portal. Candidates submitted or presented by Employment / Recruitment Agents without a fully executed contract or submitted through this site shall not be deemed to form part of any Engagement for which the Agency may claim remuneration.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, will not discriminate against any worker or job applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy, gender reassignment, non-job related mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, military service, application for military service, or membership in any other category protected under law.
EEO is the Law - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
EEO is the Law – Supplement - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf
Pay Transparency Policy - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf
Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please call 484-595-8400 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Job ID SR0049424