Recruitment Fraud Alert
Takeda has received reports that there are instances of identity thieves posing as Takeda employees in an attempt to steal personal information from job seekers. In these cases, identity thieves visit job-related websites and invite candidates to online chats. During the chat, they press job seekers to provide bank account information and personal identification numbers. If you receive unexpected offers of employment from people claiming to work for Takeda, we suggest you do not correspond with them, do not click any hyperlinks and do not open any attachments.
At Takeda, we will never ask for personal financial information during any step of the interview nor do we charge job seekers fees as part of the recruitment process. Takeda’s recruiting correspondence will be sent by a recruiting representative with an @takeda.com email address – not @gmail.com, @yahoo.com, @hotmail.com or any other email domain service.
If you believe you have been contacted by an unauthorized person, please contact your local law enforcement agency immediately.
Process Scientist Manager
Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine?
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliverBetter Health and a Brighter Futureto people around the world.
Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission.
- Member of the global team of process science experts responsible for the manufacturing process for Takeda’s large and diverse commercial biologics portfolio
- Acts as a senior subject matter expert across the biologics portfolio
- Provides technical expertise and leadership for regulatory interactions, including authoring CMC content for multi-site products
- Independent Contributor Manager: overseeing projects and function
- Provide upstream and downstream technical expertise and leadership for various projects across the biologics portfolio, including: lifecycle initiatives to enable supply continuity, risk management, line extensions & discontinuation, process tech transfers, global expansion/contraction, regulatory activities, and capability & improvement.
- Ensure technical continuity of manufacturing processes across sites and time
- Provide technical expertise for initiatives and investigations which are complex or span across multiple products
- Lead process improvement projects that span sites or products
- Ensure alignment of CMC content for multi-site products
- Provide technical expertise required to maintain control strategy documents
DIMENSIONS AND ASPECTS
Technical/Functional (Line) Expertise
- Has a good understanding of biologics manufacturing, the regulatory environment, life cycle management, and trends in innovation
- Ability to influence within teams to drive decisions, alignment, and conflict resolution for complex cross-functional issues
- Being a mentor developing future leaders
- Displays and drives Takeda culture of Takeda-ism, PTRB, safety, and quality into the organization
Decision-making and Autonomy
- Represents Bio Process Sciences on various teams and is empowered to work within the team to align on decisions
- Provides feedback within Bio Process Sciences to ensure LCM alignment across products
- Works with site MS teams on process improvement projects and other LCM projects
- Works within product governance teams to align on effective product LCM
- Works with Biologics Process Development on process improvements and other LCM projects
- Provides technical input to Biologics Process Development for process improvement and other LCM projects
- Ensures process knowledge sharing across sites to ensure technical continuity for multi-site products
- Provides leadership on cross-functional teams
- Provides leadership to drive highly complex projects including ones that span multiple sites and products
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
Education / experience
- BS in engineering, life sciences, or related field with a minimum 10 years of experience; MS with a minimum of 8 years of experience, or PhD with at least 2 years' experience in pharmaceutical development and manufacturing
- Experience operating globally in a matrixed organization highly preferred
- Must have technical knowledge and experience in upstream or downstream process development
- Must be self-motivated, have good interpersonal skills, capable of analyzing and solving complex problems through innovative thought and experience.
- Focusing on the few priorities and provide superior results
- Elevating capabilities for now and the future
- Provide leadership on cross-functional teams
This job posting excludes CO applicants.
Takeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse workforce and providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, genetic information or characteristics, marital status, status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran, or other protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, and any other characteristic protected by law.