Manager/ Senior Manager, Analytics and Data Science
Takeda fosters a collaborative and stimulating work environment filled with opportunity and the chance to make a difference in people's lives. It is a workplace driven by integrity, one of Takeda’s long-held values that extends to both the patients we serve and our employees who develop and deliver medicines. Across our company, Takeda employees bring together diverse strengths that together create a stronger whole.
As one of the world’s leading biopharmaceutical companies, Takeda is committed to bringing Better Health and a Brighter future to people worldwide. We aspire to bring our leadership in translating science into life-changing medicines to the next level, in our core focus areas; oncology, gastroenterology, neuroscience, rare diseases, plasma-derived therapies, and vaccines. The Greater Boston Area is headquarters to many of our Global and US business units.
We are a passionate team doing important work that impacts patients’ lives. If you are driven to create better health and a brighter future, join us!
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Results Driven
- Team Player
Life at Takeda
A Global Top Employer
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only select companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2019.
Check Out Takeda’s Cambridge Office
View a panoramic tour of the Cambridge office, study a map of the Takeda campus, and see all the amazing nearby attractions
Research & Development
By focusing R&D efforts on four therapeutic areas and other targeted investments, our aim is to thrive at the cutting edge of innovation that solves unmet medical needs, through internal R&D and in collaboration with cross-industry partners. We have the scale and expertise to be a leading global, Values-based, R&D-driven biopharmaceutical company with dynamic, focused R&D efforts.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Since 1781, the values of Takeda-ism (Integrity, Fairness, Honesty, and Perseverance) have guided everything we do—from decision-making to interacting with patients.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 13 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2018.
Manager/ Senior Manager, Analytics and Data ScienceApply Now
Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us as a Manager/ Senior Manager, Analytics and Data Science in our Cambridge office.
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission.
Manager/ Senior Manager, Analytics and Data Science will partner with teams, both within finance and other R&D functions as a critical contributor to the development of new strategic initiatives to derive actionable insights from our data.
- Support the R&D Finance organization by understanding reporting and analytic requirements, recommending process improvements, developing data collection, reporting, and publishing systems, and transition maintainable operations to respective teams.
- Collaborate extensively with the broader R&D organization through subject matter expertise on R&D financial information. Participate in cross functional teams to integration finance data with other internal and externally sourced information to visualize and reporting actionable insights.
- Will liaise with Data Sciences Institute, Center of Operations Performance, and Information Technology to develop long-term information management strategy, including vision, approach, plans and timeline. Responsible to lead change initiatives in data analytics areas when required.
- Participate in special projects, as requested. Assist in the development of policies and procedures as they relate to data governance. This position will play a key role in maximizing the value of information throughout R&D.
- Lead change to data analysis and reporting processes for R&D finance and other data science initiatives across R&D functions.
- Build tools/dashboards to automate reporting and generate insights that will allow managers to quickly and accurately see how our programs and processes are performing.
- Ensure data integrity of the supported financial reports and dashboards. Ensures required audit documentation and validation reports for applications are maintained.
- Documents exceptions and communicates issues to management
- Champion data governance initiative for R&D through representation on internal initiatives including master data, data lake and other projects.
- Work closely with R&D Finance, portfolio analytics, and IT teams to identify areas of opportunity to leverage technology to drive efficiencies and standardization that will reduce cycle time, and increase productivity across the entire organization. Studies manual financial processes and procedures and makes recommendations on how to automate.
- Develop and tests new or modified report formats, customized programs to manipulate data; creates or updates functional specifications for new or modified reports and applications.
- Develop and drive adherence to department standards that ensure that information is reported in a format that is consistent, accurate and meets the needs of the users.
- Design and maintain end user production reporting. Assist end users with report and query development and maintenance in supported applications. Distributes reports to business line users, as applicable. Create ad-hoc reporting and analysis, as requested.
- Develops documentation and training for end users on how to effectively use financial management reporting applications.
- Evaluate and make recommendations of related to data management and analysis
- Manages technical development activities using project management methodologies.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Encourages new ideas and innovative approaches to continually improve processes.
- Bachelor's degree required; major in quantitative field, including, Data Science, Accounting, Finance, or a related field preferred
- 2- 5+ years Data Science/Business Intelligence/Data Analytics, or advanced degree in as quantitative field
- 2+ years using Python (Pandas, NumPy, scikit-learn), SAS, Stata, or R
- Minimum 7 years of related business experience required; previous experience working in pharmaceutical or healthcare preferred.
- The ability to review financial processes and internal controls and make recommendations to improve processes whether through the financial systems or change in operations.
- The ability to communicate with others in a clear, understandable, and professional manner on the phone or in person, and the demonstrated use of good written and verbal communication skills. The ability to anticipate customer needs.
- The ability to organize and focus people on key priorities in order to complete several tasks simultaneously with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- The ability to build a collaborative network of relationships with people in a variety of functions and roles, and leverage formal and informal networks to accomplish goals.
- Prior experience with visualization, programming, and data management techniques and tools is required.
- Business Intelligence, analytics, reporting and visualization technical expertise is required.
- Database management understanding and reporting experience required.
- Computer software proficiency to include Microsoft Office applications and financial type systems.
- 10% travel, primarily international.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Discover more at takedajobs.com
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.
Job ID R0011512