Lead IRT / ePRO Operations Specialist
Takeda fosters a collaborative and stimulating work environment filled with opportunity and the chance to make a difference in people's lives. It is a workplace driven by integrity, one of Takeda’s long-held values that extends to both the patients we serve and our employees who develop and deliver medicines. Across our company, Takeda employees bring together diverse strengths that together create a stronger whole.
As one of the world’s leading biopharmaceutical companies, Takeda is committed to bringing Better Health and a Brighter future to people worldwide. We aspire to bring our leadership in translating science into life-changing medicines to the next level, in our core focus areas; oncology, gastroenterology, neuroscience, rare diseases, plasma-derived therapies, and vaccines. The Greater Boston Area is headquarters to many of our Global and US business units.
We are a passionate team doing important work that impacts patients’ lives. If you are driven to create better health and a brighter future, join us!
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Results Driven
- Team Player
Life at Takeda
A Global Top Employer
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only select companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2020.
Check Out Takeda’s Cambridge Office
View a panoramic tour of the Cambridge office, study a map of the Takeda campus, and see all the amazing nearby attractions
Research & Development
By focusing R&D efforts on four therapeutic areas and other targeted investments, our aim is to thrive at the cutting edge of innovation that solves unmet medical needs, through internal R&D and in collaboration with cross-industry partners. We have the scale and expertise to be a leading global, Values-based, R&D-driven biopharmaceutical company with dynamic, focused R&D efforts.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Since 1781, the values of Takeda-ism (Integrity, Fairness, Honesty, and Perseverance) have guided everything we do—from decision-making to interacting with patients.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 13 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2020.
Lead IRT / ePRO Operations SpecialistApply Now
Delivering Excellence: Takes leadership role in IRT and EPRO project implementation
- Leads both internally within GCDO and externally across functions and service providers to study specific IRT and/or EPRO technology deployment and management strategies
- Participates and collaborates with key process partners (e.g. Clinical Supplies, Biostatistics, Vendor Management, Procurement) in the sourcing, evaluation and audit/qualification of IRT and EPRO vendors
- Collaborates with GCDO Training & Communications group to define and maintain a training strategy for technologies.
- Acts as the GCDO organization IRT expert and project manager for study deployment projects
- Leads study teams in development of study specific user requirements specifications documents, user acceptance testing (UAT) protocols, and leads UAT execution. Ensures Good Documentation Practices are followed.
- Provides support to study teams to resolve IRT issues during the conduct of the study
- Collaborates with study team during the protocol development process to understand requirements for IRT technologies
Accountability and Ownership: Drives accountability at every possible level
- Effectively manages operational delivery with IRT service providers; collects issues and trends from study teams; proactively works with Vendor Management and IRT vendors for issue resolution and prevention.
- Collaborates internally and with IRT service providers to implement standards on both system design and data reporting.
- Leads internal staff and external vendors to ensure availability and delivery of training programs to affected internal staff
- Collaborates with and support other teams to identify best ways to streamline data flow between IRT and other GCDO systems (e.g. CTMS, Data Warehouse, Clinical Gateway, Clinical Supplies Management System).
Building Authentic Relationships: Building trusting relationships that will enhance current and future needs
- Ensures trust through transparency in communication and individual actions; ensures outcomes are organizationally driven rather than individually driven; promotes collaborative organizational success.
- In coordination with GCDO Vendor Management, Clinical Supplies, Biostatistics & Programming and Clinical Programs, develops strategies to prioritize and deliver IRT related initiatives
- Directs activities of IRT vendors – ensuring compliance with specifications, oversight of timelines and budgets
Judgment and Decision Making: evaluates immediate business impact and takes decisive action
- Coordinates Shire evaluation and impact assessment of changes in the IRT landscape and ensures development of recommendations for actions
- Provides support to teams on audit related issues for IRT services.
- Ensures audit and inspection observations are evaluated and remediated in conjunction with the study team. Provides guidance and training to internal team members when needed.
- B.S. degree in Scientific or related field is preferred.
- Minimum 4 years in Clinical Research or Technology related role
- Experience with technology evaluation, deployment and project management.
Knowledge and experience with IRT systems required.
Notice to Employment / Recruitment Agents:
Employment / Recruitment agents may only submit candidates for vacancies only if they have written authorization to do so from Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda’s Talent Acquisition department. Any agency candidate submission may only be submitted to positions opened to the agency through the specific Agency Portal. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda will only pay a fee for candidates submitted or presented where there is a fully executed contract in place between the Employment / Recruitment agents and Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda and only if the candidate is submitted via the Agency Portal. Candidates submitted or presented by Employment / Recruitment Agents without a fully executed contract or submitted through this site shall not be deemed to form part of any Engagement for which the Agency may claim remuneration.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, will not discriminate against any worker or job applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy, gender reassignment, non-job related mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, military service, application for military service, or membership in any other category protected under law.
EEO is the Law - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
EEO is the Law – Supplement - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf
Pay Transparency Policy - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf
Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please call 484-595-8400 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Job ID SR0054510