Recruitment Fraud Alert
Takeda has received reports that there are instances of identity thieves posing as Takeda employees in an attempt to steal personal information from job seekers. In these cases, identity thieves visit job-related websites and invite candidates to online chats. During the chat, they press job seekers to provide bank account information and personal identification numbers. If you receive unexpected offers of employment from people claiming to work for Takeda, we suggest you do not correspond with them, do not click any hyperlinks and do not open any attachments.
At Takeda, we will never ask for personal financial information during any step of the interview nor do we charge job seekers fees as part of the recruitment process. Takeda’s recruiting correspondence will be sent by a recruiting representative with an @takeda.com email address – not @gmail.com, @yahoo.com, @hotmail.com or any other email domain service.
If you believe you have been contacted by an unauthorized person, please contact your local law enforcement agency immediately.
Lead Compensation Partner – Global Manufacturing, Supply Chain, and Quality
Lead Compensation Partner – Global Manufacturing, Supply Chain, and
Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us as a Lead Compensation Partner supporting Global Manufacturing, Supply Chain, and Quality in our Lexington Zurich office!
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission.
- Reporting to the Head, U.S. and Global Business Unit Compensation, this position is responsible for consulting and partnering with assigned business unit clients on compensation issues and leading a variety of broader Compensation activities
- Supports the Head of HR for the Global Manufacturing, Supply Chain, and Quality Function with all aspects of the annual compensation cycle including the salary and incentive review, market data collection and analysis, market trend research, and budgeting for salary increases.
- Helps to ensure the alignment of compensation programs with global philosophy, policies and guidelines
- Helps drive compensation strategy for assigned business, consults with HR Business partners on compensation issues, and is compensation leader representing the business to Compensation COEI
- Participates in assessing the competitiveness of compensation practices, including working with external consultants, as needed
- Participates in market pricing and competitive analysis, job offers, annual and quarterly compensation planning, compensation programs and regulatory reporting by partnering with members of the Legal department and other total rewards professionals
- Assists with evaluating and slotting new or revised jobs into appropriate job grades and salary ranges within Business Unit/Function/Region to ensure that they align with global structure
- Works closely with Takeda Business Services on projects that involve Workday configuration or that have downstream impacts to other systems
- Partners with HRBLs, HRBPs and senior management to understand and support business objectives by providing analytical support, counselling, and expert advice for their areas. This may include design of specific programs or application of current programs to meet business needs
- Participates in both Corporate and Business Unit/Function-specific Compensation projects and initiatives, such as re-design of current compensation programs or design of new programs. Leads projects for the team and/or work streams in broader HR projects
- Actively supports enterprise wide projects and initiatives, provides insights to clients’ needs on enterprise wide projects and initiatives
- Assesses and provides compensation recommendations for job offers extended within specific functions, including salary, sign-on bonuses and equity buy-outs. Ensures recommendations are aligned to Takeda’s compensation pay philosophy. Evaluates and provides recommendations on job leveling requests for new roles being created within the organization
- Drives Compensation processes, including year-end process, survey participation, employee education, and development of Compensation communications. Ensures connection between these processes and HRBPs and client groups
- Experience in managing compensation programs and developing consultative relationship with business/HR
- Understanding of compensation requirements within the market including industry best practices, frameworks and models, needs and challenges, and market trends
- Awareness of laws and government regulations affecting compensation in the market
- Experience working in pharmaceutical industry preferred
- Experience with works councils preferred
- Research skills, ability to search various systems and databases to synthesize current and historical information to solve problems
- Demonstrates strong stakeholder management and influencing skills
- Leadership Style and Influence – ability to use appropriate interpersonal and communication styles to motivate and direct team members towards achieving individual and team goals
- Ability to engage with, present to, and influence all levels including Head of BU/Function HR, Head of Global Compensation, colleagues, other internal and external constituents, and contacts within Business Unit/Function/Region
- Exceptional skills required: building trust, influential communication, and ability to communicate and present effectively verbally and in writing
DECISION-MAKING AND AUTONOMY
- Successfully navigates organization complexity to resolve client issues
- Develops solutions to a variety of complex problems; ensures solutions are consistent with organization objectives
- Work is performed without direction; participates in determining objectives of assignment; plans, schedules and arranges own activities in accomplishing objectives; work is reviewed for adequacy in meeting objectives
- Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors, including collaboration across teams and functions, and understanding of downstream impacts
- Demonstrates excellent judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions
- Ability to identify opportunities for greater value creation within the market aligned to the values and objectives of the organization and develop approaches for continuous improvement
- Demonstrated experience working in a global environment
- Demonstrated experience working with a dynamic workforce and peer set
EDUCATION, BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS
- College degree and 8+ years of experience in compensation, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Preference for MBA and/or quantitative degree
- Achievement (or working towards) relevant certification such as Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) designation or similar Total Rewards-specific qualification preferred
- Experience working in life sciences industry preferred (this is repeat of above, under Technical Expertise)
TRAVEL and ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENT:
- Ability to maintain highly confidential information
- Ability to occasionally (less than 15% of time) travel domestically and internationally required
- Ability to hear and speak to employees and outside business associates on the phone and in person
- Ability to sit for long hours at a time
- Ability to see the letters and numbers on a screen and on documents
- Requires moderate right and left hand coordination for the use of a computer
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement and Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
- Hybrid working environment / flexible work arrangements
Empowering Our People to Shine
Discover more at takedajobs.com
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.
Boston (Lexington, MA) or Zurich, Switzerland
Effective November 1, 2021, absent an approved religious or medical reason, all US office-based and lab-based Takeda employees who work fully on-site or in a hybrid model (as determined by Takeda) must be fully vaccinated to work at a Takeda site or to engage with Takeda colleagues or anyone else on behalf of Takeda. As of the same date, absent an approved religious or medical reason, US field-based employees, employees must be fully vaccinated in order to continue in their current roles. US employees who work at a Takeda manufacturing facility, and those who work at a BioLife center or BioLife lab, may be subject to different guidelines. Candidates are encouraged to speak with their recruiter to seek further information on the applicable guidelines for the Business Unit/Function for which they have applied.
This job posting excludes CO applicants
Takeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse workforce and providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, genetic information or characteristics, marital status, status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran, or other protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, and any other characteristic protected by law.