Information Technology and Digital Business Partner - Hematology and Rare Disease
Takeda fosters a collaborative and stimulating work environment filled with opportunity and the chance to make a difference in people's lives. It is a workplace driven by integrity, one of Takeda’s long-held values that extends to both the patients we serve and our employees who develop and deliver medicines. Across our company, Takeda employees bring together diverse strengths that together create a stronger whole.
As one of the world’s leading biopharmaceutical companies, Takeda is committed to bringing Better Health and a Brighter future to people worldwide. We aspire to bring our leadership in translating science into life-changing medicines to the next level, in our core focus areas; oncology, gastroenterology, neuroscience, rare diseases, plasma-derived therapies, and vaccines. The Greater Boston Area is headquarters to many of our Global and US business units.
We are a passionate team doing important work that impacts patients’ lives. If you are driven to create better health and a brighter future, join us!
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Results Driven
- Team Player
Life at Takeda
A Global Top Employer
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only select companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2019.
Check Out Takeda’s Cambridge Office
View a panoramic tour of the Cambridge office, study a map of the Takeda campus, and see all the amazing nearby attractions
Research & Development
By focusing R&D efforts on four therapeutic areas and other targeted investments, our aim is to thrive at the cutting edge of innovation that solves unmet medical needs, through internal R&D and in collaboration with cross-industry partners. We have the scale and expertise to be a leading global, Values-based, R&D-driven biopharmaceutical company with dynamic, focused R&D efforts.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Since 1781, the values of Takeda-ism (Integrity, Fairness, Honesty, and Perseverance) have guided everything we do—from decision-making to interacting with patients.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 13 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2018.
Information Technology and Digital Business Partner - Hematology and Rare DiseaseApply Now
Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us as an Information IT (IT) Business Partner in our Boston area office.
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission.
Your job is to collaborate with sales, marketing, medical and patient services teams at Takeda to deliver innovative technology solutions. You’ll have fun and get the chance to work with honest people. Your new team has high standards for delivery, focuses on pragmatic ideas for Takeda’s patients and is very collaborative.
The IT and Digital Business Partner will serve as the single point of contact (SPOC) for all the Hematology and Rare Disease Business Unit’s (HRBU) technology and digital needs. This role reports to the Head of IT and Digital for the USBU and is a peer to similar roles performing this work for Takeda’s Business Units.
The IT and Digital Business Partner role requires a person who can combine an ability to partner with stakeholders at all levels in the organization, who feels comfortable both discussing strategy and roadmap as well as getting hands-on when required. The ideal candidate has a demonstrated ability to get “things done” through a formal and an informal network in a global IT organization. You will have the freedom to be unconventional in your approach or ideas, bring your energy and let's see what can happen!
- Strategic Positioning – The role is an industry-relevant, strategic technology leader for Takeda. This leader will take the HRBU’s strategy and define how it can be enabled with the appropriate technologies (applying existing, emerging and new IT standards). As a part of the HRBU team, you will help shape and drive growth, innovation and differentiation across the BU.
- Commercial IT Business Partnering – Align and collaborate with Takeda leaders. Become a single point of contact for (HRBU). Act as an advisor and coordinator in identifying and delivering relevant solutions that add business value
- Capability Development and Co-Creation – drive business value across key commercial capabilities including but not limited to market access, product launch, patient services and digital engagement, healthcare professional (HCP) services, marketing, sales and analytics. The role should act as a trusted advisor to the HRBU, with the ability to influence stakeholders at all levels to guide and co-create new capabilities that are directly relevant to BU’s commercial growth strategy. This will be done through both projects and operations
- Integration with IT – collaborate with other USBU IT & Digital team members within Commercial IT to shape IT vision and direction. He/she will be expected to demonstrate leadership and strong people development to contribute to the overall strategic direction of the Takeda IT
- Operational responsibility – day-to-day responsibility for HRBU IT operations and performance while also delivering the committed portfolio of Commercial projects. Given that this role acts as a single point of contact between the business and IT, it will be expected that the candidate understands and coordinates all aspects of IT including end-user experience (infrastructure and applications) for stakeholders in the HRBU. This may include coordinating IT roles that do not directly report into the same team.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related discipline
- 10 + years of experience in a relevant role within Information Technology or sales and marketing
- 5+ years of experience in the healthcare industry
- Experience with standard office productivity tools
- Excellent communication skills, in person, on the phone, and electronically
- Understanding of the data and technology used in the healthcare industry
- Self-starter, Self-awareness, Curiosity, Comfortable with ambiguity, Fresh eyes
- MBA Degree
Notice to Employment / Recruitment Agents:
Employment / Recruitment agents may only submit candidates for vacancies only if they have written authorization to do so from Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda’s Talent Acquisition department. Any agency candidate submission may only be submitted to positions opened to the agency through the specific Agency Portal. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda will only pay a fee for candidates submitted or presented where there is a fully executed contract in place between the Employment / Recruitment agents and Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda and only if the candidate is submitted via the Agency Portal. Candidates submitted or presented by Employment / Recruitment Agents without a fully executed contract or submitted through this site shall not be deemed to form part of any Engagement for which the Agency may claim remuneration.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, will not discriminate against any worker or job applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy, gender reassignment, non-job related mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, military service, application for military service, or membership in any other category protected under law.
EEO is the Law - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
EEO is the Law – Supplement - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf
Pay Transparency Policy - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf
Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please call 484-595-8400 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Job ID SR0042050