Recruitment Fraud Alert
Takeda has received reports that there are instances of identity thieves posing as Takeda employees in an attempt to steal personal information from job seekers. In these cases, identity thieves visit job-related websites and invite candidates to online chats. During the chat, they press job seekers to provide bank account information and personal identification numbers. If you receive unexpected offers of employment from people claiming to work for Takeda, we suggest you do not correspond with them, do not click any hyperlinks and do not open any attachments.
At Takeda, we will never ask for personal financial information during any step of the interview nor do we charge job seekers fees as part of the recruitment process. Takeda’s recruiting correspondence will be sent by a recruiting representative with an @takeda.com email address – not @gmail.com, @yahoo.com, @hotmail.com or any other email domain service.
If you believe you have been contacted by an unauthorized person, please contact your local law enforcement agency immediately.
Head of S&OP (Rare Disease)
Head of S&OP (Rare Disease)
The Head of S&OP will manage the supply chain process for the Rare Disease franchise within the US region with the objective of meeting customer and market demands while achieving service level, inventory, and cost targets.
- The role will provide leadership and strategic direction for the management of supply chain planning activities, business planning processes, and data/systems.
- Identify and implement continuous improvement initiatives that support business goals & objectives in the short term, and the strategic plan in the long term.
- Build and maintain communication channels between the OpU (Operating Units) and the US commercial franchises while collaborating with other support functions such as Finance, Regulatory and Quality teams.
- Be the primary liaison between the OpU (Operating Units), and the US Commercial organization in terms of managing supply/demand execution dynamics, understanding demand requirements, and ensuring plans are in place to meet service level performance requirements.
- Partner with the Rare Disease Business Unit (RDBU) leaders to develop a thorough understanding of customer and market dynamics, trends, competition, pricing, and marketing strategies and tactics, to achieve business objectives in the US.
- Engage US franchise business leaders in resolving strategic demand/supply issues through in-depth analysis and marketplace assessment in order to understand the risk/benefit tradeoffs between various approaches and opportunities.
- Implement an effective S&OP process with cross-functional participation to facilitate discussion and decision-making focused on achieving business goals and objectives. This includes highlighting business-critical issues to Senior Business Leaders, development/maintenance of franchise SC dashboard, and improvement plans where necessary.
- Resolve complex supply situations by partnering with internal and external partners: Manufacturing, Quality, Sales, Marketing, Procurement, Finance, Customer Service, and Distribution. Communicate supply risks and recovery actions to support customer service.
- Develop/maintain a commercial supply chain dashboard to monitor the key performance indicators for the business and identify appropriate actions to achieve targeted results.
- Ensure quality and completeness of demand signal and align with regional launch leads to ensure successful new product introductions.
- Lead innovative thinking and foster continuous improvement across S&OP processes/ activities.
- In case of supply coverage risks, support the allocation of supply.
Technical / Functional Expertise:
- Strong business acumen, analytical and problem-solving skills to build strong business cases for change.
- Excellent understanding of the planning and S&OP processes.
- Planning processes covering:
- Demand Forecasting
- Replenishment Planning
- Ability to analyze and simplify complex issues and topics
- Good understanding of commercial processes & procedures.
- Understanding of end-to-end Supply Chain processes & functions.
- Strong MS Excel, PowerPoint, and Kinaxis / SAP / Oracle planning system experience required.
- Experience with data visualization and reporting tools like QlikView is a plus.
- Ability to operate cross-functionally with Commercial business Franchise teams, manufacturing and supply operating units (OpUs), and new product introduction teams.
- Ability to breakdown complex situations into clear and concise communications
- Ability to implement harmonized processes
- Ability to establish a high degree of accountability through both performance measurement and clear communications
- Strong interpersonal and coaching skills, ability to motivate the extended team for maximum productivity
- Ability to analyze issues, prepare recommendations, and facilitate decision making on a regional level with commercial and OPUs
- Strong stakeholder management capabilities across multiple organizational levels (local, regional, executive)
- Strong capabilities to bridge commercial and production organizations
- Excellent ability to problem solve and resolve issues in a timely manner
- Ability to look for creative solutions to complex situations to ensure no supply disruption as a result of the forecast
- Willing to leverage technology to drive process excellence and improve supply chain responsiveness
- Able to manage ambiguity, find pragmatic solutions & align/influence with key stakeholders
- Capability to manage and recommend solutions for highly complex supply chain issues with various stakeholders & cultures
- Drive decision making with stakeholders in a matrix organization
- Ability to collaborate and work with others in a team environment
- Ability to train others on the Takeda S&OP Processes, measure performance and make recommendations to improve business results
Education / Certifications:
- BS/BA in business or relevant field (including advanced supply chain degree).
- 7+ years of planning experience (preferably in the biotechnology/ pharmaceutical industry ) with 5 years in a management role
- Fundamental knowledge of supply chain, as well as supply/demand relationship
- Strong intercultural skills
- Strong business acumen & financial analytics skill
- Strategic enterprise thinking and strong innovator
- Structured, holistic and clear in problem-solving
- MBA or other advanced degrees with a quantitative background preferred
- APICS Certification preferred
This job posting excludes Colorado applicants. #GMSGQ
Takeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse workforce and providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, genetic information or characteristics, marital status, status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran, or other protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, and any other characteristic protected by law.