Head of Plasma Product Operations
Lexington, Massachusetts, Zurich, Switzerland
Every day, employees working in Takeda’s Global Manufacturing and Supply Chain, and Global Quality business unit are shaping the future of healthcare. They are breaking down barriers and ensuring our life-changing medicines are available, accessible, and affordable to patients. Life-changing for you. Life-changing for patients.
Global Manufacturing and Supply Chain, and Global Quality is the backbone of Takeda, and our employees are the guardians for our patients, our products, and our reputation. As a member of our team, we can offer you the opportunity to grow in a meaningful career, develop your skills, and come to work every day knowing that what you do makes a genuine difference.
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
Life at Takeda
A Global Top Employer
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only select companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2020.
At Takeda, your determination and energy, combined with our cutting-edge technology and global R&D, offers families and communities hope for Better Health and a Brighter Future.
Learn more about Manufacturing, Supply Chain, and Quality careers within our global biopharmaceutical company.
At Takeda, there is an unwavering commitment to putting patients first, and to creating a workplace that is underpinned by empowerment and focused on diversity, collaboration and steadfast values.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Here, you will feel welcomed, respected, and valued as a vital contributor our global team.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 13 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2020.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
Head of Plasma Product OperationsApply Now
- Develops, maintains, and ensures the implementation of product-based manufacturing strategies.
- Evaluate manufacturing system capacity, matching both short term and long term business objectives, resulting in the development of action plans to maximize profitability.
- Ensures the best use of organizational resources to evaluate and recommend actions pertaining to lifecycle plans, capacity expansions, consolidations, and capital project coordination.
- Interacts with a broad range of internal and external contacts to collect, analyze, and recommend solutions to complex manufacturing challenges.
- Highly matrixed position, as it deals with Manufacturing, Commercial, Marketing, Business Planning, Finance, and International Tax, as well as Senior Management.
- Drives in-line product strategy and key tactical decisions collaboratively with colleagues in Global Manufacturing & Supply (GMS) Operating Units, Commercial Business Units, and R&D.
- Ensures Brand strategies are executable from a global Supply perspective with an emphasis on meeting defined quality, compliance, financial, and customer service expectations. Is accountable for the alignment of GMS activities with OpU goals and objectives. Partners with Commercial leads as appropriate.
- Leads development and implementation of supply network strategies and long-range capacity planning together with SBE Network Strategy.
- Develops and implements a comprehensive global Product or Portfolio Lifecycle Plan (PLP) in conjunction with Commercial and R&D (includes Clinical and other functions as appropriate). This plan will be reviewed and updated at regular intervals based on market potential, competition, financial, and network capacity drivers, at minimum, annually.
- Ensures seamless integration of product plans into the manufacturing network. Partners with GMS Leadership, Regulatory, Quality, CMO, PharmSci and SC on maintaining uninterrupted supply during launches or regulatory associated transitions. Ensures successful launch of new products and line extensions.
- Provides transparent communication between Commercial Unit and extended GMS-LT on significant Takeda Operations or Brand accomplishments and/or challenges. Uses existing governance forums or develops ad-hoc approaches, as necessary, to ensure transparency.
- Facilitates the prioritization of Brand initiatives and develops corresponding strategies with GMS to address priorities and challenges. Partners with Commercial Leads and business units on these initiatives.
- Tracks COGs and influences targets throughout GMS. Understands drivers and implications on product strategy. Maintains open communication with business unit on product COGs profile and the potential for change.
- Assures accurate development and implementation of lifecycle project budgets to support brand and portfolio needs; educates Site Leadership and GMS-LT on product impact from site and network budget proposals.
- Develops and employs applicable governance systems and processes to support Operations Strategy objectives.
- Builds and leads a cross-functional Product Lifecycle Team. Facilitates the assessment of appropriate data required for assessing risk and making decisions on portfolio strategy, prioritization and product improvement initiatives.
DIMENSIONS AND ASPECTS
Technical/Functional (Line) Expertise
- Broad experience in biopharma and pharmaceutical product development, global Reg-CMC regulations, Supply Chain planning, capacity planning, manufacturing and quality operations.
- Takeda expects all employees to embody Takeda Values - Integrity, Honesty, Fairness, Perseverance, and Takeda Priorities – Patient Trust, Reputation, Business
- Provides leadership, integrity, team orientation, flexibility, and innovation experience in projects that require collaborative approaches, strong analytical skills and has a solid understanding of business issues and processes
- Strategic Thinking: Develops and implement strategies, policies and tactics; coordinates multiple and changing priorities rapidly and effectively with a continued focus on achieving outcomes.
- Communication: Manages within a matrixed organization and effectively influences and participates in teams at all levels of management. Communicates and prepares reports and presentations for senior levels of leadership, including management reviews.
- Must be able to influence commercial thinking and be the one voice of the Supply Organization on the appropriate Product Lifecycle.
- Enterprise-level thinking is absolutely critical.
- Excellent manager of people and builder of talent.
Decision-making and Autonomy
- Role requires influencing, negotiation, problem-solving and decision making. Role required to translate multiple demands, troubleshoot quickly and effectively and develop comprehensive strategies, plans and training that will satisfy business needs and meet, and multi-functional and regulatory and compliance demands.
- Role requires the ability to rapidly understand complex business and technical issues and multi-option scenarios to build effective plans to mitigate risk and ensure product operations operate according to set standards
- Engages all disciplines across GMS, works across organizational boundaries with PVPS, Commercial Regions, and R&D/Pharm Sci.
- Must accomplish the bulk of their deliverables through influence rather than line leadership.
- Responsible for staying current on new technologies, industry competitive information, competitor products
- An understanding of Product Development and device development, digital health advances and how these can be considered in the context of lifecycle planning
- Significant complexity management in the form of technologies, supply chain, organization, governance, product portfolios, changing external environment, and cultural/language considerations. This is a true global leadership role.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- B.S. in engineering or biological sciences/pharmacy, along with an MBA or relevant business experience.
- Minimum of 15 years’ experience in Pharmaceutical, Biopharmaceutical, or associated industry required with prior program/project management responsibility.
- Leadership role in complex program management efforts key.
- Demonstrated application of advanced planning skills critical.
- Previous experience in directly managing cross-functional leadership teams at a plant or corporate support function level, with direct and regular interaction with all support functions: Process Development, Regulatory Affairs, Operations Supply Chain, etc.
- Excellent communication and influencing skills are a must.
- Advanced degree and technical knowledge.
Notice to Employment / Recruitment Agents:
Employment / Recruitment agents may only submit candidates for vacancies only if they have written authorization to do so from Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda’s Talent Acquisition department. Any agency candidate submission may only be submitted to positions opened to the agency through the specific Agency Portal. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda will only pay a fee for candidates submitted or presented where there is a fully executed contract in place between the Employment / Recruitment agents and Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda and only if the candidate is submitted via the Agency Portal. Candidates submitted or presented by Employment / Recruitment Agents without a fully executed contract or submitted through this site shall not be deemed to form part of any Engagement for which the Agency may claim remuneration.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, will not discriminate against any worker or job applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy, gender reassignment, non-job related mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, military service, application for military service, or membership in any other category protected under law.
EEO is the Law - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
EEO is the Law – Supplement - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf
Pay Transparency Policy - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf
Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please call 484-595-8400 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Job ID SR0050376