Global Carbon Neutrality, Sustainability Program Manager
Every day, employees working in Takeda’s Global Manufacturing and Supply Chain, and Global Quality business unit are shaping the future of healthcare. They are breaking down barriers and ensuring our life-changing medicines are available, accessible, and affordable to patients. Life-changing for you. Life-changing for patients.
Global Manufacturing and Supply Chain, and Global Quality is the backbone of Takeda, and our employees are the guardians for our patients, our products, and our reputation. As a member of our team, we can offer you the opportunity to grow in a meaningful career, develop your skills, and come to work every day knowing that what you do makes a genuine difference.
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
Life at Takeda
A Global Top Employer
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only select companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2020.
At Takeda, your determination and energy, combined with our cutting-edge technology and global R&D, offers families and communities hope for Better Health and a Brighter Future.
Learn more about Manufacturing, Supply Chain, and Quality careers within our global biopharmaceutical company.
At Takeda, there is an unwavering commitment to putting patients first, and to creating a workplace that is underpinned by empowerment and focused on diversity, collaboration and steadfast values.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Here, you will feel welcomed, respected, and valued as a vital contributor our global team.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 13 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2020.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
Global Carbon Neutrality, Sustainability Program ManagerApply Now
The core purpose of the Global Climate Program Manager is to ensure:
- In coordination with global environmental and sustainability leadership, develop and execute the carbon neutrality program governance and implementation strategy.
- Coordinate with workstream leads to establish workstream governance, develop tactical implementation plans, and ensure successful achievement of the established company carbon goals and workstream objectives.
- Support the design and execution of change management efforts to ensure that carbon and climate analysis and impacts are fully integrated into the culture and decision making processes of Takeda
- Lead organization and facilitation of meetings, workshops and training sessions with the carbon neutrality program team and program sponsors.
- As needed, provide tactical leadership to individual workstreams within the carbon neutrality program
- Establish and execute a comprehensive strategic plan and budget for Takeda’s carbon reduction programs
- Support the implementation of the site and above site operational changes required within Takeda to achieve stated carbon ambitions, for example, establishing new KPIs within site scorecards.
- Work with external benchmarks and/or vendors to ensure the methods developed and implemented are based on the best available research, and evolve as new research emerges.
- Coordinate activities, prioritization, and interdependencies across workstreams to ensure successful resolution of conflicts, utilization of resources, and on-time delivery of milestones
- Execute enterprise-wide training and change management activities to ensure the processes and electronic systems are delivering customer requirements and expectations.
- Where the analytical models reveal shortfalls in carbon reduction performance against the objective, and support the identification of opportunities and scenarios to remediate them.
- Partner with functions across Takeda, including EHS, Engineering, IT, Finance, and Procurement, to ensure the carbon strategy implementation approach is fully aligned with all cross-functional efforts.
DIMENSIONS AND ASPECTS
Technical/Functional (Line) Expertise
- Expert at rapid, global-scale change management and stakeholder management
- Subject matter expert on project and program management
- Subject matter expert on carbon measurement and management
- Direct experience with biopharma manufacturing operations and business processes, with some technical understanding of how plants operate
- Able to lead colleagues through influence at, below, and above peer level in both sites and functions
- Able to establish and get buy-in for the business case for climate action at all levels of the enterprise
- Able to both detect and rapidly adapt to changes in other parts of the enterprise
Decision-making and Autonomy
- Drives consensus on the global processes, systems, and tools
- Selects and manages vendors and partners to augment in-house expertise and compensate for resource limitations
- Engages internally with senior level, mid level, and functional leaders across functions, including SBE, EHS, Global and Site Engineering, IT, Finance, Procurement, OpUs, and Sites to establish standard processes, systems, and tools
- Engages externally with practice groups and consultants to ensure methods and systems are best-in-class
- Uses information technology and business processes to solve complex, poorly defined problems.
- Must be able to implement a carbon accounting and elimination strategy that accounts for existing business processes and operational objectives.
- Must understand the cultural, regional, and regulatory variation across the global footprint of manufacturing sites to oversee change management activities
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
Education / experience
- Minimum of a four year Bachelors Degree, preferably in life sciences, business or engineering (or equivalent experience). Master’s Degree in a technical discipline and/or MBA is a plus.
- Minimum 10+ years Project Management experience including 3+ years of Program Management experience, and 8+ years in industrial operations. Biotechnology / pharmaceutical industry experience desirable.
- Minimum 1+ years experience or equivalent formal training on carbon management in an enterprise
Core Competencies / Skills
- Must thrive in a highly collaborative environment, and delight in developing clarity from ambiguous environments. Strong leadership and organizational skills. Very strong ability to influence others and work cross-functionally.
- Outstanding communication skills including the ability to interact with all levels of management including the most senior leaders in Takeda. Must be able to tailor communications to deliver the same content to vastly different audiences.
- Must be able to directly link, and articulate to others, carbon management to business outcomes. Functions well under pressure in a changing environment. Uses independent judgment to identify, plan, prioritize, and organize diversified workload as required.
- Must be proficient in the application of MS Project. Must be excellent with PowerPoint and able to both perform and consume analysis with Excel (VBA experience a plus). Experience with enterprise PPM software a plus.
Job ID R0027302