Engineering Technology Lead (Fill/Finish Drug Product Engineering)
Lexington, Massachusetts, Zug, Switzerland
Every day, employees working in Takeda’s Global Manufacturing and Supply Chain, and Global Quality business unit are shaping the future of healthcare. They are breaking down barriers and ensuring our life-changing medicines are available, accessible, and affordable to patients. Life-changing for you. Life-changing for patients.
Global Manufacturing and Supply Chain, and Global Quality is the backbone of Takeda, and our employees are the guardians for our patients, our products, and our reputation. As a member of our team, we can offer you the opportunity to grow in a meaningful career, develop your skills, and come to work every day knowing that what you do makes a genuine difference.
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
Life at Takeda
A Global Top Employer
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only select companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2019.
At Takeda, your determination and energy, combined with our cutting-edge technology and global R&D, offers families and communities hope for Better Health and a Brighter Future.
Learn more about Manufacturing, Supply Chain, and Quality careers within our global biopharmaceutical company.
At Takeda, there is an unwavering commitment to putting patients first, and to creating a workplace that is underpinned by empowerment and focused on diversity, collaboration and steadfast values.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Here, you will feel welcomed, respected, and valued as a vital contributor our global team.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 13 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2018.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
Engineering Technology Lead (Fill/Finish Drug Product Engineering)Apply Now
Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda.
Join us as a Engineering Technology Lead (Fill/Finish Drug Product Engineering) in our office in Zurich Opfikon, Switzerland.
- Champion transformation of engineering, manufacturing and facility technologies and innovation at Takeda and the biopharmaceutical industry; actively participates in key industry forums and applicable societies
- Scout innovation and develop new facility and equipment technologies in collaboration with MFG Science and Pharm Sci for all fill/finish drug product manufacturing and engineering technologies
- Engage key internal stakeholders and collaborate on new technology design and implementation programs (Partner with MS, R&D, OP Us, Regions, SBE)
- Sets technical direction relating to fill/finish drug product engineering technologies and establish key engineering and technology standards
- Execute innovation projects, provide support to FEED (Front End Engineering Design) and capital programs, coordinate activities with OP U and Regional teams
- Provides innovation solutions in engineering and manufacturing network for fill/finish drug product facilities and engineering process
- Provide Engineering support for new technologies concepts from Pharm Sci & Manufacturing Sci
- Lead, coordinate and develop engineering implementation and execution road map for new technology introduction
- Build relationship and develop working process with MFG Sci, Pharm Sci innovation leaders
- Lead and establish technology groups, CoPs leading to harmonize engineering technologies across manufacturing sites and ensure sharing and application of best practices and expertise
- Technical support to CAPEX investment projects and investment applications
- Owner of GE guidelines & templates for specific responsibilities of technologies
- Technology scouting at international conferences and events
- Leading Project or Working teams to provide innovation projects
- Technology team participation in concept design / scope-definition (feasibilities, feed /value Eng., vendor audits & selection) for critical cGMP aspects
- Liaising with ISIT, Innovation, Procurement and all other stakeholders involved in the development of existing and future technology solutions
DIMENSIONS & ASPECTS
Technical/Functional (Line) Expertise(Breadth and depth of knowledge, application and complexity of technical knowledge)
- Industry recognized Subject Matter Experts for drug product fill/finish sterile and non-sterile facilities and engineering process
- In-Depth regulatory, quality and engineering expertise and experience in manufacturing, engineering and facility process and trends to continuously develop new technologies
- Provides technical expertise for engineering disciplines in support of Operating Units including external partners / Sites / Projects and other functions outside of GMS (R&D & Corporate Facilities)
Leadership(Vision, strategy and business alignment, people management, communication, influencing others, managing change)
- Incumbent thinks more broadly and uses this insight to challenge, adapt or transform current approaches/ways of doing things
- Able to provide strategic direction and road map to evaluate, test/pilot, recommend and implement key areas of technologies collaborating with internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent stakeholder, communication and change management skills
- Strong focus on delivering results with a service excellence, dependability first mindset and collaboration skills
Decision-making and Autonomy(The capacity and authority to make organizational decisions, autonomy in decision-making, complexity of decisions, impact of decisions, problem-solving)
- Partner with key stakeholders to develop robust business cases and leads validation of benefits realization
- Work collaboratively with multiple stakeholders to recommend key technology solutions to Engineering/GMS Leadership
- Provides technology expertise and accountable for successful implementation and execution plans
Interaction(The span and nature of one’s engagement with others when performing one’s job, internal and external relationships)
- Effectively collaborates with customers (including members of Innovation and Digital teams across functions) to understand issues and opportunities and partners with them to drive improvements
- Global / enterprise outlook bringing in trends and developments for proper evaluation
- Experienced in working in an intercultural; global, regional and site teams
- GMS Eng Leadership and GMS Leaders
- Site/OpU/Region Engineering Center of Practice (CoP) forums and teams
- Other functional leaders and engineering teams in Regions and OpUs
- Interacts with organizations outside of Takeda to understand industry trends and best technology and practices and adopts recommended technology that supports Takeda Transformation to a leader in bio-pharmaceuticals. Influence external organizations and serve as an Engineering Technology ambassador for Takeda
Innovation(The required level of scientific knowledge, knowledge sharing, innovation and risk taking)
- Respected internal SME for areas of engineering and process technologies
- Leads conversation in industry trends across industry peers and presents at industry forums (e.g., ISPE, PDA, etc)
Complexity(Products managed, mix of businesses, internal and/or external business environment, cultural considerations)
- Technical knowledge of Plasma Derive, Biologics and Small Molecule facility, engineering and manufacturing process highly desired
- Global regulatory and quality experience in design, development and implementation of new engineering solutions and technology – able to navigate regulatory challenges and familiar with global requirements
KEY SKILLS REQUIRED
- Technical, Scientific and/or Engineering degree with 15 years of technical experience or an advanced degree in a scientific/technical discipline with 10 years of experience in biopharmaceutical engineering or similar industry
- Experience in Engineering Technologies supporting product development and/or manufacturing (both highly preferred).
- Recognized as an expert or leader in their specific field.
- Experience in global process and facility engineering and the associated regulatory and quality requirements.
- Strong knowledge of cGMP/GLP regulations, ICH, FDA CMC, ISPE and PDA Guidance Documents is preferred.
- Strong technical, interpersonal, communication and leadership skills.
- Knowledge of techniques utilized in the pharmaceutical sciences.
- Strong organizational and strategic thinking skills, required.
- Recognized externally as an expert (e.g., leads industry forums or invited speaker at conferences)
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work.
Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do.
We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world. Discover more at takedajobs.com.
What Takeda Can Offer You
To further support and inspire our employees, our benefits include: Competitive basic salary, Car Allowance, Annual Bonus, Contributory Pension Scheme, Private Health Cover and Life Assurance.
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com
Notice to Employment / Recruitment Agents:
Employment / Recruitment agents may only submit candidates for vacancies only if they have written authorization to do so from Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda’s Talent Acquisition department. Any agency candidate submission may only be submitted to positions opened to the agency through the specific Agency Portal. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda will only pay a fee for candidates submitted or presented where there is a fully executed contract in place between the Employment / Recruitment agents and Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda and only if the candidate is submitted via the Agency Portal. Candidates submitted or presented by Employment / Recruitment Agents without a fully executed contract or submitted through this site shall not be deemed to form part of any Engagement for which the Agency may claim remuneration.
Job ID SR0038928