Director - U.S. Brand Strategy and Marketing, Rare Disease Business Unit
Takeda fosters a collaborative and stimulating work environment filled with opportunity and the chance to make a difference in people's lives. It is a workplace driven by integrity, one of Takeda’s long-held values that extends to both the patients we serve and our employees who develop and deliver medicines. Across our company, Takeda employees bring together diverse strengths that together create a stronger whole.
As one of the world’s leading biopharmaceutical companies, Takeda is committed to bringing Better Health and a Brighter future to people worldwide. We aspire to bring our leadership in translating science into life-changing medicines to the next level, in our core focus areas; oncology, gastroenterology, neuroscience, rare diseases, plasma-derived therapies, and vaccines. The Greater Boston Area is headquarters to many of our Global and US business units.
We are a passionate team doing important work that impacts patients’ lives. If you are driven to create better health and a brighter future, join us!
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Results Driven
- Team Player
Life at Takeda
A Global Top Employer
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only select companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2020.
Check Out Takeda’s Cambridge Office
View a panoramic tour of the Cambridge office, study a map of the Takeda campus, and see all the amazing nearby attractions
Research & Development
By focusing R&D efforts on four therapeutic areas and other targeted investments, our aim is to thrive at the cutting edge of innovation that solves unmet medical needs, through internal R&D and in collaboration with cross-industry partners. We have the scale and expertise to be a leading global, Values-based, R&D-driven biopharmaceutical company with dynamic, focused R&D efforts.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Since 1781, the values of Takeda-ism (Integrity, Fairness, Honesty, and Perseverance) have guided everything we do—from decision-making to interacting with patients.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 13 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2020.
Director - U.S. Brand Strategy and Marketing, Rare Disease Business UnitApply Now
Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us as a Director, U.S. Brand Strategy and Marketing for our Rare Disease Business Unit in our Boston, MA office.
Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission.
As a Director, US Brand Strategy and Marketing working in the Rare Business Unit, you will be empowered to develop overall U.S. pre-launch brand strategy and tactical plan resulting in execution of a successful launch of a transplant asset. In this role, you will contribute to Takeda’s mission by fostering innovation and always ensuring the patient is first. A typical day will include:
- Foster an innovative mindset to effectively develop the commercial launch plan for the US and lead the key tactical planning activities
- Successfully build the company’s reputation and credibility within the transplant community, establish strong connections with patient advocacy groups and launch the physician and patient activation campaigns in the U.S.
- Partner with BU leadership lead cross functional Rare U.S. brand team ensuring development and execution of strategic/tactical marketing plans and achievement of key business objectives on time and within the operational budget
- Orchestrate brand planning process by mobilizing all functional leads to create a cross-functional situational analysis and strategic direction
- Lead all key aspects of market understanding, pre-launch preparation and promotion, including audience definition and segmentation, branding, positioning, key messages, and promotional material development for the transplantation market
- Lead development of promotional and medical communications strategy for HCP's, patients & caregivers
- Executional oversight of external stakeholder promotions and disease state initiatives
- Maintain core brand message architecture and creative to be aligned to brand and/or franchise’s strategic priorities
- Drive overall marketing direction that corresponds to and takes advantage of key environmental changes in the market, competition, new data, treatment paradigm shifts, and market events that require reaction
- Serve as Brand representative to GPT, medical evidence sub-team, market access and channel strategy and other functional teams supporting launch
- Develop/nurture partnerships with transplant centers, patient services and patient advocacy organizations (national/regional/ local)
- Partner with U.S. sales, account management and medical leadership teams to ensure appropriate salesforce infrastructure, staffing and training programs are adequately developed to support pre/post launch activity plans
- Oversee development and evolution of tactics and resources across all available channels – personal, digital, social media, medical congress and others as required
- Support and guide development of direct report(s) in marketing expertise, organizational awareness, exposure and career development
- Manage high level relationships with key creative agencies/consultants in support of core HCP/patient audience needs and conduct yearly assessments
- Support in representing brand-specific commercial perspectives in organizational decision-making related to Business Unit Leadership Team, PVPS (Global Commercial), Global Product Team, clinical development and life cycle management programs.
- Develop and manage operational budget to within +/- 2%
EDUCATION, BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Advanced degree (MBA, MA/MS, PharmD, etc.) highly preferred accompanied by 8-10 years of progressively responsible marketing, sales or related functional experience within the bio-pharmaceutical industry
- Must have related experience within transplantation; infectious disease area experience preferred
- At least 5 years in brand leadership/managerial level positions with increasing responsibilities; including brand launch experience
- Therapeutic knowledge – an in-depth understanding of transplantation and infectious disease; treatment paradigms and future trends
- Product knowledge – comprehensive understanding of the medical /therapeutic usage of products in the transplantation/infectious disease areas
- Experience developing and implementing advanced marketing technologies including social media and artificial intelligence
- Strong leadership skills with an ability to set direction, generate commitment, identify and resolve issues, and evaluate risk
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Travel to internal and external meetings approximately 10-20% will be required
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Discover more at takedajobs.com
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.
Job ID R0021940