Director, Outcomes Research - Immunology
We're different. We are a Biopharma that keeps it personal.
At Takeda, it's our people, our values and our culture that make us special. We share a sense of vocation and a desire to serve others that pulses through our entire organization. We're fortunate to be grounded in a history that gives us a long term perspective, the confidence to stick to what we believe in, and the humility to know we don't have all the answers.
We combine this outlook with an agility and tenacity to deliver for our patients that has fueled the growth of our business. But what really sets our company apart is something we call Patient Trust Reputation Business. It's the framework that enables us to translate our purpose and values into action. It's how we synchronize the diversity of our perspectives, strengths and expertise. And it’s what keeps our decision making tethered to what really matters.
There are endless opportunities for people in science-related fields at Takeda. This is a company that focuses on the patients and their employees.Tamara D. Director, US Field Medical, GI
Patient Centricity and Patient, Trust, Reputation and Business is what keeps me here. That is always steady.Jill E. Medical Affairs
It’s very comforting to know Takeda has given us much flexibility around your family schedule, especially during COVID. Takeda wants to make sure your team has time and the capacity to take care of all the responsibilities.Tony P. Managed Markets
I am overwhelmingly thrilled with Takeda leadership, the leadership with COVID, and the Patient, Trust, Reputation and Business decision-making framework. It is all about building the trust, we are committed to everyone.Dayna F. Director, IG Community Support
The people here are fantastic. Everyone has been wonderful. The opportunities at Takeda are enormous. I don’t know why you would go anywhere else, incredible support system, everything a professional could ask for.David M. Sales
I love the fact that I am empowered to do what is right and what I need to do. If you are a person who likes to make decisions and be accountable and responsible for your actions, this is the right company for you. If you want a company that cares for its employees, Takeda is a great fit for you!Kristen H. US Medical
Takeda Walks the Talk. We say Patient, Trust, Reputation and Business, other companies say they put patient first, but when push comes to shove, doesn’t always happen. The openness of leadership — Christophe, Ramona, the questions they take, they’re open and this has trickled down.Barbara O. Finance
Working at Takeda
Here, you will feel welcomed, respected, and valued as a vital contributor to our global team.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 11 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2022.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
Director, Outcomes Research - ImmunologyJob ID R0067805 Date posted Jun. 03, 2022 Location Lexington, Massachusetts
About the role:
Join Takeda as a Director, Outcomes Research (OR) where you will develop and execute health economics and outcomes research for the Immunology Therapeutic Area and is part of the US Medical Office. As a member of the U.S. OR team, the Director will identify and implement best practices, design and execute outcomes research to generate real world evidence aligned with strategic objectives and needs to support the Immunology/PDT therapeutic area and contribute to the development of a best-in-class OR group, focused on U.S., evidence and health economic needs. You will report to the Senior Director, HEOR - Immunology. This role is based in Lexington, MA.
How you will contribute:
- Lead and contribute to the overall U.S. OR strategy work streams for Immunology marketed and pipeline products as it relates to real-world evidence generation, health economic modeling, value communication, observational research, pragmatic real-world evidence trials, and field tool development, etc. to a high standard and business impact.
- Work very closely with the Immunology/PDU Product Unit teams to understand overall medical strategies and build research/evidence plans that fit within internal cross functional brand and external stakeholder needs
- Lead, conduct and deliver methodologically robust yet feasible studies for priority U.S. HEOR evidence needs.
- This position will take the HEOR/ real-world research from concept to publication. This position will oversee, contribute, and manage study quality, resources, project plan, budgets, vendors and editing scientific content.
- Anticipate payer needs, represent the payer perspective/voice, and provide collected payer insights to applicable cross-functional teams thereby optimizing the lifecycle of Immunology/PDT products.
- Work closely with our three strategic partners within U.S. OR:
- Value Access Insights and Solutions Team to provide advanced scientific support to medical/OR related field tool and appropriate dissemination of outcomes research studies
- Data Science/OR team to conduct exploratory analyses and design potential concepts/tools/initiatives for collaboration with key regionally and nationally based managed care organizations, pharmacy benefit management, government payers and other customer groups
- Field-based Payer Account Medical Leads (AMLs) team to help drive overall collaborations and effective payer medical interactions.
- As possible explore collaborative research or similar partnership projects with national, regional or corporate payer account regarding the demonstration of products overall value, evidence needs or other mutually defined areas of medical/HEOR interest
This role will provide you the opportunity to lead key projects and activities to facilitate career progression, these responsibilities include some of the following:
- Work with the Senior Director OR for the Immunology/PDT TA, and cross functionally with US Medical Unit team members, Market Access and Channel function, and franchise marketing/brand teams to facilitate in-depth scientific HEOR knowledge, product value, and strategy development
- Develop, execute, and publish outcomes research following Takeda policies and in cooperation with the US Medical Affairs Team.
- Lead and conduct relevant research activities which may include, but not be limited to:
- Longitudinal retrospective studies of existing databases to assess patient characteristics, treatment patterns, and associated clinical, economic and/or patient-reported outcomes Longitudinal prospective observational, pragmatic clinical trials, and/or patient registries evaluating clinical, patient-centered, and/or economic endpoints;
- Retrospective or prospective evaluations of disease natural history and treatment patterns, including drug utilization and adherence;
- Cross-sectional surveys of patients, caregivers, health care providers/practitioners, and/or payers;
- Assessments exploring the burden of illness, patient preference studies and/or comparative effectiveness;
- Models of cost-effectiveness and budget impact; indirect treatment comparison models and methodologies
- Maintain a high level of knowledge with regards to the scientific, clinical and commercial developments in the Immunology/PDT therapeutic areas as well as a robust understanding of pharmacy management/medical policy trends/techniques used by payers to make informed decisions about payer strategy and OR plans and tactics
- Attend and participate in relevant outcomes-related sessions at scientific and professional meetings. Create and communicate outcomes-related sessions at scientific and professional meetings that are of strategic interest to Takeda.
- Participate in relevant HEOR, outcomes research, pricing, comparative effectiveness, policy and value meetings or symposia that are of strategic interest to Takeda (e.g., ISPOR, ICER, AMCP etc.) and create reports and communicate reports from these meetings.
- Track and report on changes in the healthcare environment that are of relevance to Takeda
- Complete all required training, activity documentation, knowledge management systems, expense reporting, and other administrative responsibilities as required by SOPs and guidelines.
- You have a doctoral degree in a health sciences related field such as a PharmD, MD or PhD, with a grasp of the pharmaceutical industry, healthcare environment, and outcomes research.
- You are an experienced health economics, health services, and/or outcomes research scientist, with a strong, proven track record of generating evidence to support market access for pharmaceuticals.
- Eight years post-doctoral healthcare experience in the pharmaceutical, managed care, or consulting industries with a primary focus on health economics and outcomes research, and an emphasis on Market Access (public or private payers).
- Proven track record of teamwork, leadership, project management, decision-making and results orientation in meeting business objectives.
- Excel at leveraging professional relationships with regionally and nationally based managed care organizations and thought leaders in pharmacoeconomic and outcomes research and other areas of mutual interest by aligning thought leader expertise with Takeda needs.
- Have superior communication skills, both oral and written, and able to engender trust and respect of peers, subordinates and superiors.
- Business and analytical skills and an in-depth understanding of pharmaceutical business practices that impact commercialized and development of compounds.
- Demonstrate expert awareness and the ability to understand, interpret and make recommendations concerning the evolving US health care marketplace.
- Self-confident, possesses a strong work ethic, has exceptional organization skills with a demonstrated ability to work independently.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office application including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- MBA, MPH, MHA or other business training will be considered if degree is specific to health economics or outcomes research, with appropriate clinical background and years of experience.
- Health Economic or similar training (e.g., MS, PhD), fellowship, or background in outcomes research.
- Willingness to travel approximately 20% to meetings or client sites, including overnight trips and some weekend commitments. Some international travel may be required
What Takeda can offer you:
- Comprehensive Healthcare: Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Financial Planning & Stability: 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs and company match of charitable contributions
- Family Planning Support
- Flexible Work Paths
- Tuition reimbursement
More about us:
At Takeda, we are transforming patient care through the development of novel specialty pharmaceuticals and best in class patient support programs. Takeda is a patient-focused company that will inspire and empower you to grow through life-changing work.
Certified as a Global Top Employer, Takeda offers stimulating careers, encourages innovation, and strives for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
This position is currently classified as "hybrid" in accordance with Takeda's Hybrid and Remote Work policy.
In accordance with the CO Equal Pay Act, Colorado Applicants Are Not Permitted to Apply.
Takeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse workforce and providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, genetic information or characteristics, marital status, status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran, or other protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, and any other characteristic protected by law.
Time TypeFull time
View all US Commercial JobsSearch
Neuroscience Sales Representative-Houston/South TX
Apply for Neuroscience Sales Representative-Houston/South TX Texas, Remote Sales and Marketing
Apply for Rebate Analyst Exton, Pennsylvania Finance
Associate Director, Reimbursement, Access and Channel Marketing
Apply for Associate Director, Reimbursement, Access and Channel Marketing Boston, Massachusetts Sales and Marketing
We Take Action by Focusing on Our Four Priorities
- Create an exceptional people experience
- Responsibly translate science into highly innovative, life-changing medicines and vaccines
- Protect our planet
- Unleash the power of data and digital