Director, Marketing Capabilities (USBU)
Takeda fosters a collaborative and stimulating work environment filled with opportunity and the chance to make a difference in people's lives. It is a workplace driven by integrity, one of Takeda’s long-held values that extends to both the patients we serve and our employees who develop and deliver medicines. Across our company, Takeda employees bring together diverse strengths that together create a stronger whole.
As one of the world’s leading biopharmaceutical companies, Takeda is committed to bringing Better Health and a Brighter future to people worldwide. We aspire to bring our leadership in translating science into life-changing medicines to the next level, in our core focus areas; oncology, gastroenterology, neuroscience, rare diseases, plasma-derived therapies, and vaccines. The Greater Boston Area is headquarters to many of our Global and US business units.
We are a passionate team doing important work that impacts patients’ lives. If you are driven to create better health and a brighter future, join us!
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Results Driven
- Team Player
Life at Takeda
A Global Top Employer
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only select companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2020.
Check Out Takeda’s Cambridge Office
View a panoramic tour of the Cambridge office, study a map of the Takeda campus, and see all the amazing nearby attractions
Research & Development
By focusing R&D efforts on four therapeutic areas and other targeted investments, our aim is to thrive at the cutting edge of innovation that solves unmet medical needs, through internal R&D and in collaboration with cross-industry partners. We have the scale and expertise to be a leading global, Values-based, R&D-driven biopharmaceutical company with dynamic, focused R&D efforts.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Since 1781, the values of Takeda-ism (Integrity, Fairness, Honesty, and Perseverance) have guided everything we do—from decision-making to interacting with patients.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 13 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2020.
Director, Marketing Capabilities (USBU)Apply Now
Director, Marketing Capabilities
Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us as a Director, Marketing Capabilities in our Lexington, MA office.
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission.
The Marketing Capabilities Team is part of the Commercial Capabilities function here at Takeda and supports the United States Business Unit across therapeutic areas of: Neuroscience, Gastrointestinal, Plasma Derived Therapies, and Hematology/Rare Diseases. The mission of this team is to build contemporary Brand and Marketing Capabilities that will support the ongoing development of our marketers and others involved in strategic brand decisions here at Takeda. This is facilitated through building new and/or enhanced marketing processes and embedding supporting tools across. This Capabilities group plays a significant role in our journey to establish and sustain strategic capabilities in support of our expanding and diverse portfolio.
As a Director, Marketing Capabilities working on the Commercial Operations group of the U.S. Business Unit (USBU), you will be empowered to build industry-leading commercial capabilities across several commercial functions and directly contribute to Takeda’s long-term organizational success.
In this role, you will have a unique opportunity to contribute to Takeda’s mission by leveraging your commercialization expertise and passion for improving patient and business outcomes.
A typical day will include:
- Serve as subject-matter expert by leveraging deep pharma/biopharma marketing, cross-functional brand, and in-line and launch experience with our stakeholders while providing a strong ability to communicate effectively, drive organizational change and influence without authority.
- Define and ensure integration of new marketing skills, tools and processes while managing and influencing change, identifying future organizational needs, providing strategic consultancy to brand teams, assessing resourcing requirements, managing projects, and evaluating impact.
- Lead a team of experienced marketers who will engage with brand teams to pull through new capabilities through skill building and strategic consulting.
- Empower team to also serve as cross-functional partner and support across Marketing Leadership, Strategic Operations, Learning and Leadership Development, Human Resources, Marketing Operations, and other cross-functional partners.
- Build and maintain Marketing Capabilities roadmap to deliver needed capabilities (people development, processes, technology) for the success of the organization.
- Partner as strategic consultant for all levels of Marketing within Brand Teams, Multi-channel Marketing, New Product Planning, and Payer Marketing across all four U.S. business units: Neuroscience, Gastrointestinal, Hematology/Rare, and Plasma Derived Therapies.
- Lead and manage commercial processes such as, but not limited to: brand planning, strategic launch planning, multichannel execution, design thinking, competitive readiness, etc.
- Be a trusted partner to the brand teams for pull-through and application of marketing frameworks and tools through workshops and curriculum including, but not limited to: segmentation, positioning, patient flow, investment planning, measurement, etc.
- Partner with cross-functional partners who touch critical commercial processes.
- Lead the Commercial Excellence program which includes a wide platform of curriculum across prioritized marketing competencies; facilitator/trainer, lead to the Marketing Faculty, accountable to the program operations.
- Communicate and align priorities through governance and organizational change initiatives across the business.
- Foster a marketing community through cross-Business Unit and cross-functional initiatives including on and offline channels.
- Manage and report the Marketing Capabilities scorecard to ensure progress and success is demonstrated.
- Develop, lead and inspire the Marketing Capabilities Team.
Job ID R0023501