Director, Global Medical Lead TTP and SCD (Location can be Zürich or Lexington, MA)
Lexington, Massachusetts, Zurich, Switzerland
Takeda fosters a collaborative and stimulating work environment filled with opportunity and the chance to make a difference in people's lives. It is a workplace driven by integrity, one of Takeda’s long-held values that extends to both the patients we serve and our employees who develop and deliver medicines. Across our company, Takeda employees bring together diverse strengths that together create a stronger whole.
What makes a successful member of our team?
We take action and make decisions by focusing on our four priorities in this order:
Putting the patient
at the center
Life at Takeda
To keep delivering new value to patients, we provide growth opportunities for every employee according to their abilities and passions, and together are building a stronger organization.
Procurement Lead, Northern Europe
“Takeda is a unique place to work as there is no ‘every-day routine’ around here – it’s very a dynamic environment where change of plans and adjustments of approach are the constants... This allows for interesting cross-function collaboration and – if you’re up for it - a high degree of influence on your daily job and workplace.”
Regional Head, Europe, Vaccines
“Takeda is a great place to work as the company invests in the continuous development of its employees offering training, coaching, mentoring and open exchanges between all levels of the organization. Also, it is fulfilling to know that, within the Vaccine Business Unit, we are developing and delivering innovative vaccines impacting the lives of millions of people around the world.”
Here, you will feel welcomed, respected, and valued as a vital contributor our global team.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Since 1781, the values of Takeda-ism (Integrity, Fairness, Honesty, and Perseverance) have guided everything we do—from decision-making to interacting with patients.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
Director, Global Medical Lead TTP and SCD (Location can be Zürich or Lexington, MA)Apply Now
The Global Medical Lead TTP and SCD (TAK755) will develop and execute the medical scientific development strategy, pre-launch planning and global medical launch planning for rADMATS13 (TAK755) in close collaboration with the GPT TAK755.
- Work with the GMTL and other GMLs to develop and execute multi-year global medical strategy alignment for the specified Product/Disease Area, appropriately aligned with overall strategy and incorporating R&D functional Strategies (clinical, regulatory, HEOR, PV, compliance)
- Work with the GMTL on the development and in-year implementation of the medical plan globally and/or support in year plan definition and implementation by US GD TA team
- Supports execution of specific medical projects per global medical strategy
- Serve as Hematology Medical representative on standing and project-based cross-functional teams
- As needed provide medical review to promotional and non-promotional materials
- Act as a company representative interacting with external scientific leaders, patient advocacy groups and/or regulatory authorities
- Establish appropriate strategic partnerships with center of excellence and KOLs in areas of scientific interest
Support the development of global medical strategy and plans with alignment with Global Medical Team.
- Work with GMTL and Global Franchise and Product Leads to develop global medical plans that include tactics to support key strategic imperatives for the disease area/band in both pre- and post-launch setting
- As delegated by the GMTL, lead functional (e.g. publications, medical communications, medical information and medical training) plans supporting global medical strategy with alignment with Global where applicable
- As delegated by the GMTL, collaborate with relevant business partners to ensure aligned and medically appropriate brand strategy, planning and execution
- As delegated by the GMTL, participate in product development strategy and provide medical affairs and R&D inputs.
Implementation in-year global medical strategy
- As delegated by the GMTL, directly implement plans and collaborate with Global Franchise and Product Leads, potentially including:
- Development and implementation of medical pre- and post- launch plans for late-stage pipeline products or product label expansions
- Providing medical leadership for scientific communications, including core scientific statements, standard responses, Phase IV plans and publications
- Planning, designing and managing or participating in local, regional, national and global medical Advisory Boards including working with vendor(s) to ensure timely submission and approval in RnD select
- Providing medical review of Investigator Initialed Research (KKR) proposals and other grans through the grant approval process
- Managing the design and execution of clinical studies (phase IIb/IV, disease registries, HEOR studies, outcomes surveys, etc.)
- Monitoring and communicating progress against medical plan; propose and implement initiatives as needed to adjust to disease area requirements
- Conducting and ensuring timely medical review and approval of promotional and meeting materials as required per SOP
- Serving as Hematology Medical respresentative on standing and project-based cross-functional teams Serving as Global Medical respresentative on standing and project based cross-functional teams.
Effective compliant collaborations with internal stakeholders (R&D, commercial, marketing, regulatory, legal, and compliance) and scientific exchanges with external stakeholders (KOLs and HCPs) in alignment with customer needs and medical strategy
- Act as company medical respresentative to engage external scientific leaders, policy makers, patient advocacy groups and/or regulatory authorities
- Per medical strategy, establish and/or enhance partnerships with key academic institutions and develop relationships with key academic institutions and develop relationships with key thought leaders
- Per medical strategy, establish appropriate partnerships with KOLs in areas of scientific interest
- Represent Medical Affairs in internal and external meetings and present data on product/disease area
Education and Experience
- A Doctor Degree in Medicine, (MD), PhD or PharmD is required.
- 8-10 years of related work experience in industry, clinical or research institution, preferably in Genetics, Metabolic or Hematology
- Experience in Medical Affairs particularly Hematology is preferred
- Experience in supporting brands or disease area levels in country regional or global organizations if preferred
- Experience in other relevant disease areas of interest though clinical experience, bio-pharmaceutical experience or education may be considered.
Key Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated business acumen and operational skills
- Ability to think strategically and tactically from a medical perspective about how to medically appropriately support the growth of the brand
- Ability to work in a Global mindset environment, across diverse cultures
- Ability to collaborate appropriately with Commercial functions
- Ability to represent company’s interest in scientific forums as needed
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to manage teams and drive initiatives
- Results orientation and accountability
- Good analytic skills as applied to medical, scientific and technical information
Notice to Employment / Recruitment Agents:
Employment / Recruitment agents may only submit candidates for vacancies only if they have written authorization to do so from Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda’s Talent Acquisition department. Any agency candidate submission may only be submitted to positions opened to the agency through the specific Agency Portal. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda will only pay a fee for candidates submitted or presented where there is a fully executed contract in place between the Employment / Recruitment agents and Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda and only if the candidate is submitted via the Agency Portal. Candidates submitted or presented by Employment / Recruitment Agents without a fully executed contract or submitted through this site shall not be deemed to form part of any Engagement for which the Agency may claim remuneration.
Job ID SR0048990