Director - Global Medical Lead Innovation Rare Hematology (Location can be Zürich or Lexington, MA)
Lexington, Massachusetts, Zurich, Switzerland
Takeda fosters a collaborative and stimulating work environment filled with opportunity and the chance to make a difference in people's lives. It is a workplace driven by integrity, one of Takeda’s long-held values that extends to both the patients we serve and our employees who develop and deliver medicines. Across our company, Takeda employees bring together diverse strengths that together create a stronger whole.
What makes a successful member of our team?
We take action and make decisions by focusing on our four priorities in this order:
Putting the patient
at the center
Life at Takeda
To keep delivering new value to patients, we provide growth opportunities for every employee according to their abilities and passions, and together are building a stronger organization.
Procurement Lead, Northern Europe
“Takeda is a unique place to work as there is no ‘every-day routine’ around here – it’s very a dynamic environment where change of plans and adjustments of approach are the constants... This allows for interesting cross-function collaboration and – if you’re up for it - a high degree of influence on your daily job and workplace.”
Regional Head, Europe, Vaccines
“Takeda is a great place to work as the company invests in the continuous development of its employees offering training, coaching, mentoring and open exchanges between all levels of the organization. Also, it is fulfilling to know that, within the Vaccine Business Unit, we are developing and delivering innovative vaccines impacting the lives of millions of people around the world.”
Here, you will feel welcomed, respected, and valued as a vital contributor our global team.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Since 1781, the values of Takeda-ism (Integrity, Fairness, Honesty, and Perseverance) have guided everything we do—from decision-making to interacting with patients.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
Director - Global Medical Lead Innovation Rare Hematology (Location can be Zürich or Lexington, MA)Apply Now
Exciting Director level opportunity to partner with Global Medical Affairs and develop innovative strategies with Artificial Intelligence for patients with Hemostasis related disorders.
- Explore innovative options to optimize treatment of patients with hemostasis related disorders
- Investigate innovative technologies
- Drive implementation of new technologies to enhance diagnosis of patients with hemostasis related disorders
- Drive implementation of new technologies to enhance treatment of patients with hemostasis related disorders
- Explore and implement artificial intelligence to optimize treatment of patients with hemostasis related disorders
- Drive medical content for next generation digital tools
- Drive x-functional development of Point-of-care diagnostic tools
- Serve as Hematology medical representative on standing and project-based cross functional teams
- Act as company representative interacting with external scientific leaders, study centers, patient advocacy groups and authorities as needed
- Establish appropriate strategic partnerships with centers of excellence and scientific/clinical experts in areas of scientific interest
- Develop Innovation strategy for patients with hemostasis related disorders
- Develop medical digital strategy Hematology
- Develop Point-of-care Strategy
- Develop Artificial Intelligence Strategy Hematology
- Implement and x-connect those strategies
- Act as company representative to external and internal stakeholders for respective projects
- Per medical strategy, establish partnerships with key academic institutions and representatives
- Present data on product, studies, project at internal and external meetings as appropriate
Education and Experience Requirements
- Medical or related Scientific degree
- 5 years plus experience in related function (R&D, Pharmaceutical industry, academic institution)
- Experience in treatment of patients with hemostasis related disorders
- Experience in laboratory medicine of benefit
- Experience in digital medicine
- Strong project management skills
- Experience in strategy development
- Demonstrated business acumen
- Ability to work in the global environment
- Collaborative mindset and proven skills
- Ability to represent the company’s interest in scientific forums as neededAbility to drive projects and inspire teams in matrix
- Results driven with high accountability
Position is accountable to VP Head Global Medical Hematology
Internal stakeholders (not limited to): Device development, Digital Health group, GMA Hematology Team, GPT, Medical Shared Services, Regulatory, Compliance, Legal, PVPS, EGO, CMO Medical Strategy, Biostats, Publications
External stakeholders (not limited to): scientific experts, clinical medical experts, patient advocacy representatives, regulatory authorities, Market access authorities
Notice to Employment / Recruitment Agents:
Employment / Recruitment agents may only submit candidates for vacancies only if they have written authorization to do so from Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda’s Talent Acquisition department. Any agency candidate submission may only be submitted to positions opened to the agency through the specific Agency Portal. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda will only pay a fee for candidates submitted or presented where there is a fully executed contract in place between the Employment / Recruitment agents and Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda and only if the candidate is submitted via the Agency Portal. Candidates submitted or presented by Employment / Recruitment Agents without a fully executed contract or submitted through this site shall not be deemed to form part of any Engagement for which the Agency may claim remuneration.
Job ID SR0048991