Recruitment Fraud Alert
Takeda has received reports that there are instances of identity thieves posing as Takeda employees in an attempt to steal personal information from job seekers. In these cases, identity thieves visit job-related websites and invite candidates to online chats. During the chat, they press job seekers to provide bank account information and personal identification numbers. If you receive unexpected offers of employment from people claiming to work for Takeda, we suggest you do not correspond with them, do not click any hyperlinks and do not open any attachments.
At Takeda, we will never ask for personal financial information during any step of the interview nor do we charge job seekers fees as part of the recruitment process. Takeda’s recruiting correspondence will be sent by a recruiting representative with an @takeda.com email address – not @gmail.com, @yahoo.com, @hotmail.com or any other email domain service.
If you believe you have been contacted by an unauthorized person, please contact your local law enforcement agency immediately.
Demand Planning Lead (Rare Disease)
The Demand Planning lead is accountable for managing the demand forecast and collaborating with the US commercial franchise, commercial planning, and finance, to ensure the proper demand signal is being submitted for US brands.
- This role will implement and manage a framework that maximizes customer service levels, optimizes inventory levels, improves forecast accuracy, and reduces product discards in the US.
- Analyze statistical forecasts and commercial forecasts for key brands within the franchise, and drive demand reviews with leaders to ensure the most appropriate forecast signal is provided to the OPUs.
- Demand Planning: Drive actual performance review and statistical forecast to develop baseline forecast to be reviewed with the commercial organization while maintaining the demand signal in the planning tool.
- Facilitate monthly cross-functional demand consensus review and document assumptions/ agreement to signal.
- Supply planning: Support internal customer-facing activities with the US Commercial teams, including supply and demand reviews, and the S&OP process.
- Inventory planning: Facilitate local inventory planning aligned with defined targets. Manage local inventory management & facilitate issue resolution, if required. Conduct daily/weekly inventory delivery/receipt reconciliations with manufacturing plants and Logistics, if required. Lead Inventory Analytics including inventory projections and ad hoc requests.
- Forecast accuracy / Customer Service Level (plant) target setting: Define, set, deploy & drive improvement of core supply chain KPIs “Forecast Accuracy & CSL (p)” in alignment with other functions.
- Demand forecast & analytics: Develop & provide demand forecast & analytics to US commercial team with the goal to improve overall forecast accuracy.
- New Product Introductions: Partner with Regional launch leads to support the development and planning of NA region related to new product introductions.
- Inventory Obsolescence Aged/Expiry/Discontinuation
- Work with planning peers and commercial teams on exit strategies and providing recommendations to address the excess products.
- Partner with the owner of the operational plan to execute change for the region.
- Inventory Capacity and Product Flow
- Analyze shut-down impacts, and disruptions of inventory flow of upstream supply chain (from manufacturing to the warehouse).
- Work with team to formulate capacity solutions with peers.
- Serve as planning subject matter expert representing the franchises within designated product groups.
- US S&OP participation - Provide input into the regional S&OP process including demand & supply consolidation.
- Product Life Cycle/Code Maintenance Ownership – coordinate new item set-up, discontinuation, replacement.
- Align with Customer Service and US Logistics on product supply to plan and meet service level goals.
Technical / Functional Expertise:
- Strong business acumen and financial analysis capabilities.
- Excellent understanding of supply chain planning processes.
- Strong planning processes & procedures covering:
- Forecasting & Analytics
- Demand Planning
- Supply Planning
- Good understanding of commercial processes & procedures.
- Understanding of end-to-end Supply Chain processes & functions.
- Strong MS Excel, PowerPoint, and Kinaxis / SAP / Oracle planning system experience required. Ability to operate in multiple forecasting and information systems.
- Experience with data visualization and reporting tools like QlikView is a plus.
- Ability to operate cross-functionally with manufacturing and supply operating units (OpUs) and commercial business units.
- Ability to breakdown complex situations into clear and concise communications
- Ability to implement harmonized processes
- Ability to establish a high degree of accountability through both performance measurement and clear communications
- Strong interpersonal and collaborative skills to reach across functions and organizations.
- Ability to analyze issues, prepare recommendations, and facilitate decision making on a regional level with commercial and OPUs
- Strong stakeholder management capabilities across multiple organizational levels (local, regional, executive)
- Strong capabilities to bridge commercial and production organizations
- Excellent ability to solve problems and resolve issues in a timely manner
- Ability to look for creative solutions to complex situations to ensure no supply disruption as a result of the forecast
- Willing to leverage technology to drive process excellence and improve supply chain responsiveness
- Able to manage ambiguity, find pragmatic solutions & align/influence with key stakeholders
- Capability to manage and recommend solutions for highly complex supply chain issues with various stakeholders & cultures
- Drive decision making with stakeholders in a matrix organization
- Ability to collaborate and work with others in a team environment
- Ability to train others on the Takeda planning processes, measure performance, and make recommendations to improve business results
Education / Certifications:
- BS/BA in business or relevant field (including supply chain degree).
- 5+ years of planning experience (preferably in the biotechnology/ pharmaceutical industry) with 3 years in a business analytics role.
- Fundamental knowledge of supply chain, as well as supply/demand relationship
- Strong intercultural skills
- Strong business acumen, analytical and problem-solving skills to build strong business cases for change.
- Ability to think strategically and increase effectiveness
- MBA or other advanced degrees with a quantitative background preferred
- APICS Certification preferred
This job posting excludes Colorado applicants. #GMSGQ
Takeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse workforce and providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, genetic information or characteristics, marital status, status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran, or other protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, and any other characteristic protected by law.