Business Analyst, Patient Services
- Job Type Full time
- Job Level Senior
- Travel Minimal
Within Takeda’s Data Sciences Institute, we harness the insight of data and digital to speed the development of new medicines to patients. The Data Sciences Institute (DSI) is primarily focused on getting medicines to patients faster through innovation and efficiencies driven by data and analytics.
We nurture a culture that encourages disciplined risk-taking, supports innovation, values diversity and emphasizes implementation.
We want to hire and develop the best talent to join us on our mission to strive towards Better Health and a Brighter Future for people worldwide through leading innovation in medicine!
What makes a successful team member within our Data Sciences Institute at Takeda?
- Work with various data sources
- Apply a breadth of methodologies
- Develop analysis pipelines
- Design studies
Where You Fit In
When you join our Data Sciences Institute team, you’ll connect with a diverse and talented group of scientists, engineers and analysts. Together, you’ll define cutting-edge algorithms, conduct pharmacology-based modeling and explore new approaches to data services. In a collaborative environment marked by strong, open and honest leadership, you’ll take charge of your professional advancement as you work on important projects that grow your skills and lead to ongoing opportunities.
A career within the Data Sciences Institute at Takeda will give you everything you need to succeed professionally. You’ll see up close that what you do with information and insight has the power to impact the lives of patients — today and for generations to come. Working here, you’ll understand that our people-first perspective extends beyond patients to include our Takeda team, our families and the communities where we all work and live.
Business Analyst, Patient ServicesJob ID R0068926 Date posted Nov. 09, 2022 Location Lexington, Massachusetts
About the role:
Takeda is looking for aBusiness Analystto join the Data, Digital, and Technology team.This rolewill collaborate with Patient Services, Patient Engagement, and IT Business Partner teams to deliver innovative technology solutions. The individual should understand how Patient Services processes work to ensure solutions are aligned with stakeholder needs.
The Business Analyst will collaborate with Takeda teams to design, scope, and innovate technology that supports patient services functions. This role requires flexibility and the continuous learning of Patient Services business processes.
This team has high standards for delivery and focuses on pragmatic ideas for Takeda’s patients.
How you will contribute:
- Prioritize and triage business requests data and configurations requests
- Collaborate with Takeda Patient Services teams, vendors, contractors, Takeda IT, and the development/support team to understand the risk or impact of upcoming changes
- Work with Patient Services teams on business requirements and CRM system design
- Be the point between vendors, brand teams, and IT operations
- Understand how customer-facing teams use technology to help patients and work together on measurable improvements
- Partner with Specialty Data Management team to make changes to supporting technology
- Serve as a product owner on projects when required
- Lead an ad-hoc office hours session on a new technology where users of that technology can come with questions, feedback and areas for improvement
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent. 6 years or more of relevant experience
- Ability to write, speak and lead in the English language
- Excellent oral and written communications skills, business acumen with problem-solving and analytical skills
- Have a deep understanding of the pharmaceutical industry, life sciences, and Patient Services.
- Business relationship management skills; ability to connect and engage with local management and stakeholders on areas of expertise.
- Organizing communications with multiple stakeholders and vendors.
- Ability to understand IT and business objectives.
- Ability to, set priorities, align stakeholder expectations, and develop and execute an associated action plan.
- Work with global virtual teams - aligning and adapting different work, culture and communication styles..
- Familiarity with Visualization Tools and CRM systems.
- Knowledge of SCRUM and SAFe agile practices
- Master Degree
- Project management experience.
- PO certification
- Experience with application management.
- Experience with vendor management.
- Understanding of Specialty Pharma Data
- Previous leadership experience.
What Takeda can offer you:
- Comprehensive Healthcare: Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Financial Planning & Stability: 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs and company match charitable contributions
- Family Planning Support
- Flexible Work Paths
- Tuition reimbursement
More about us:
At Takeda, we are transforming patient care through the development of novel specialty pharmaceuticals and best-in-class patient support programs. Takeda is a patient-focused company that will inspire and empower you to grow through life-changing work.
Certified as a Global Top Employer, Takeda offers stimulating careers, encourages innovation, and strives for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
You will be classified as a "hybrid" observing Takeda's Hybrid and Remote Work policy.
Following the CO Equal Pay Act, Colorado Applicants Are Not Permitted to Apply.
Takeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse workforce and providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, genetic information or characteristics, marital status, status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran, or other protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, and any other characteristic protected by law.
Time TypeFull time
Our internal research capabilities and external partnerships contribute to an R&D engine that has produced exciting new molecular entities (NMEs) across our core Therapeutic Areas. Check out our pipeline and see how we’ll continue delivering a steady stream of next-generation therapies.Learn More
What We Believe In
Our values of Takeda-ism are Integrity, Fairness, Honesty and Perseverance, with Integrity as the core. These are brought to life through actions based on Patient, Trust, Reputation and Business, in that order.
Our belief in putting people first extends beyond our patients — it includes their families and communities, as well as our Takeda colleagues and their families.
We are committed to embracing our differences, valuing different perspectives, and fostering a culture of respect, inclusiveness and empowerment.
Our embedded Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DE&I) strategy enables us to attract and retain exceptional talent, drives innovation, and helps address systemic inequalities in our communities.
Working at Takeda
Here, you will feel welcomed, respected, and valued as a vital contributor to our global team.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 11 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2022.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
We're using the newest technology and methods, like wearable devices and machine learning, to better understand the health of patients participating in our trials.Ariel Dowling Head, Sensing & Measurement,
Digital Health Sciences
View All Data Science Institute JobsSearch
Data Engineer with TM1
Bratislava, Slovakia Apply for Data Engineer with TM1
Associate Director, Data Development
California, Boston, Massachusetts, Remote Apply for Associate Director, Data Development
System Architect - Product Engineer
Boston, Massachusetts Apply for System Architect - Product Engineer
We Take Action by Focusing on Our Four Priorities
- Create an exceptional people experience
- Responsibly translate science into highly innovative, life-changing medicines and vaccines
- Protect our planet
- Unleash the power of data and digital