Associate Director - Quality Regulatory Compliance
Lexington, Massachusetts, Cambridge, Massachusetts, North Reading, Massachusetts
Every day, employees working in Takeda’s Global Manufacturing and Supply Chain, and Global Quality business unit are shaping the future of healthcare. They are breaking down barriers and ensuring our life-changing medicines are available, accessible, and affordable to patients. Life-changing for you. Life-changing for patients.
Global Manufacturing and Supply Chain, and Global Quality is the backbone of Takeda, and our employees are the guardians for our patients, our products, and our reputation. As a member of our team, we can offer you the opportunity to grow in a meaningful career, develop your skills, and come to work every day knowing that what you do makes a genuine difference.
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
Life at Takeda
A Global Top Employer
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only select companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2019.
At Takeda, your determination and energy, combined with our cutting-edge technology and global R&D, offers families and communities hope for Better Health and a Brighter Future.
Learn more about Manufacturing, Supply Chain, and Quality careers within our global biopharmaceutical company.
At Takeda, there is an unwavering commitment to putting patients first, and to creating a workplace that is underpinned by empowerment and focused on diversity, collaboration and steadfast values.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Here, you will feel welcomed, respected, and valued as a vital contributor our global team.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 13 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2018.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
Associate Director - Quality Regulatory ComplianceApply Now
This position is responsible for Massachusetts Biologics Operations (MA Bio Ops) site inspection management and oversight of regulatory compliance programs. The scope of this role includes inspection readiness at the Lexington and Alewife manufacturing facilities as well as their associated satellite warehouse locations, for inspections and audits performed by Health Authorities and business partners.
This position will be responsible for oversight of the inspection & audit management process, including the identification, training and resourcing of supporting roles. This position will be accountable for managing the site response to any adverse findings including CAPA completion on time and in full, to deliver on the organization’s commitments.
This leadership role will partner closely with other MA Bio Ops management teams and supporting organizations, to ensure finding responses from other Takeda sites as well as external Regulatory Intelligence is assessed for applicability and appropriate action is taken in a risk based fashion.
Other aspects of the Quality Compliance area this role will take part in include partnering with Regulatory Affairs on reviews of submission dossiers, as well as researching and disseminating pertinent Regulatory Intelligence to the site.
Regulatory Inspection Process
Responsible for ensuring compliance with all applicable provisions of the Takeda Quality Management System, as well as the regulations and standards applicable to Massachusetts Biologics Operations (MA Bio Ops).
Represents Takeda MA Bio Ops during regulatory inspections assuring management that requested information is produced in a timely, accurate and complete manner.
Assures that inspection / audit responses are timely and appropriate to maintain good standing with regulatory agencies.
Coaches and educates cross functional Takeda staff in regulatory inspection readiness activities.
Responsible for maintaining site licenses, renewals and paper inspections including holding department owners accountable for timely completion of requests in support of paper inspections.
New Product Introduction & Product Launch Activities
Reviews site-impacting regulatory submission data working with Subject Matter Experts to assure timeliness and accuracy of CMC submission documents
Collaborate with site Product Launch teams to ensure a detailed transfer of information from development execution into the site’s inspection readiness file and risk register as appropriate
Serve as a Subject Matter Expert on Introduction / Launch initiatives with respect to regulatory compliance matters
Site Risk Register
Maintain a Risk Register for MA Bio Ops, to include a comprehensive listing of actions to reduce the site’s overall risk profile
Recommend endorsement of Continuous Improvement projects and associated actions based on the severity and frequency of the associated risks to be mitigated
Ensure finding responses from other Takeda sites as well as external Regulatory Intelligence are assessed for applicability and appropriate action is taken in a risk based manner
Leadership & Site Integration
Provide leadership and guidance to the Takeda MA Bio Ops organization to ensure the development and implementation of strategies regarding the processes, procedures and quality standards required are maintained in compliance with applicable regulations, as applicable
Ensure site Integration activities in areas of responsibility are well understood by the organization and executed in a timely and compliant fashion
Provides ongoing development of direct reports, including staff selection, work assignments, goal completion, development plan review, and performance management, as applicable.
Establishes strong partnership/relationship with key business stakeholders, including Operations Leadership Teams and Department Managers / Supervisors
Recognized as a senior strategic Quality Compliance resource. Acts as a quality resource with expertise in regulations relating to cGMP, ICH guidelines, and Operational SOPs
Must have the ability to act as a change agent as well as effectively lead and motivate team members to achieve team goals
Must be able to deal with ambiguity, and make decisions under stressful conditions
Strong knowledge of Quality Risk Management principles
Education and Experience Requirements
• Minimum Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline.
• Minimum of 8 years of experience in Quality or related field in the pharmaceutical industry.
• A minimum of 5 years of management experience.
• Demonstrate the Takeda Leadership Behaviors demonstrating Integrity, Fairness, Honesty & Perseverance
• A thorough understanding of pharmaceutical quality management systems relating to clinical and commercial manufacturing, including current GMPs & GDPs.
• Advanced degree in a scientific or engineering discipline
• Experience interacting and collaborating with cross-functional global teams
• Experience working with external manufacturing partners
• Experience in interacting with health authorities including hosting/direct involvement with agency inspections.
Key Skills, Abilities, and Competencies
- Proven ability to create a vision and motivate others to achieve that vision.
- Ability to make difficult, robust, rationalized and timely decisions balancing the totality of available data and risk.
- Strong interpersonal skills including ability to build authentic relationships, constructively challenge conventional thinking, enable trust, influence key stakeholders, cooperate as a team leader or team member, share information and deliver results with a team.
- Excellent communication skills including verbal, written and proven ability to influence.
- Organizational agility (knowledgeable about how an organization works) and ability to apply that capability to lead change, deliver strong results and build the confidence as well as trust of stakeholders.
- Ability to interact effectively with Health Authorities and various Takeda stakeholders
- Ability to effectively lead in a matrix environment.
Complexity and Problem Solving
- Responsible for proposing and supporting strategy for Heath Authority interactions and working through Takeda MA Bio Ops governance bodies to finalize and execute agreed upon strategies
- Provide input to the Quality Leadership Team to make decisions regarding overall Quality strategy for inspection readiness and priorities.
- Provides input to the Biologics Operating Unit team to make informed timely decisions regarding overall OpU strategy for inspection readiness at Takeda’s manufacturing sites.
- Monitors established goals and projects and takes action as needed to ensure timely delivery of goals.
Internal and External Contacts
- The role is accountable directly to the Head of Quality Compliance at MA Bio Ops
- Key stakeholders include but are not limited to: Biologics Operations Quality, MA Bio Ops Site Quality, Site Operations Leadership Teams, Manufacturing, Technical Services, Facilities & Engineering, External Quality, Quality Supply and Distribution, Supply Chain, Quality Control, Operational Excellence, IT, Pharmacovigilance, Regulatory Affairs.
- External: Competent Health Authorities (i.e. FDA, PMDA, HPRA, MHRA, TGA, ANVISA, Cofepris) & third party customers
Other Job Requirements
- Travel between buildings at MA Bio Ops (Alewife, Lexington, North Reading) is expected to be frequent to support inspection readiness activities across the site.
- Further Domestic and International Travel may be required and is estimated to be <10%.
Notice to Employment / Recruitment Agents:
Employment / Recruitment agents may only submit candidates for vacancies only if they have written authorization to do so from Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda’s Talent Acquisition department. Any agency candidate submission may only be submitted to positions opened to the agency through the specific Agency Portal. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda will only pay a fee for candidates submitted or presented where there is a fully executed contract in place between the Employment / Recruitment agents and Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda and only if the candidate is submitted via the Agency Portal. Candidates submitted or presented by Employment / Recruitment Agents without a fully executed contract or submitted through this site shall not be deemed to form part of any Engagement for which the Agency may claim remuneration.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, will not discriminate against any worker or job applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy, gender reassignment, non-job related mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, military service, application for military service, or membership in any other category protected under law.
EEO is the Law - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
EEO is the Law – Supplement - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf
Pay Transparency Policy - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf
Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please call 484-595-8400 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Job ID SR0043059