Associate Director, Publications - GI
Takeda fosters a collaborative and stimulating work environment filled with opportunity and the chance to make a difference in people's lives. It is a workplace driven by integrity, one of Takeda’s long-held values that extends to both the patients we serve and our employees who develop and deliver medicines. Across our company, Takeda employees bring together diverse strengths that together create a stronger whole.
As one of the world’s leading biopharmaceutical companies, Takeda is committed to bringing Better Health and a Brighter future to people worldwide. We aspire to bring our leadership in translating science into life-changing medicines to the next level, in our core focus areas; oncology, gastroenterology, neuroscience, rare diseases, plasma-derived therapies, and vaccines. The Greater Boston Area is headquarters to many of our Global and US business units.
We are a passionate team doing important work that impacts patients’ lives. If you are driven to create better health and a brighter future, join us!
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Results Driven
- Team Player
Life at Takeda
A Global Top Employer
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only select companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2019.
Check Out Takeda’s Cambridge Office
View a panoramic tour of the Cambridge office, study a map of the Takeda campus, and see all the amazing nearby attractions
Research & Development
By focusing R&D efforts on four therapeutic areas and other targeted investments, our aim is to thrive at the cutting edge of innovation that solves unmet medical needs, through internal R&D and in collaboration with cross-industry partners. We have the scale and expertise to be a leading global, Values-based, R&D-driven biopharmaceutical company with dynamic, focused R&D efforts.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Since 1781, the values of Takeda-ism (Integrity, Fairness, Honesty, and Perseverance) have guided everything we do—from decision-making to interacting with patients.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 13 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2018.
Associate Director, Publications - GIApply Now
- As the subject matter expert on industry and publication best practices and development of scientific publication strategy, the Publications Lead proactively defines and drives the publication strategic plan based on medical strategies, transparency requirements, and data availability and acts as consultant to the key cross-functional teams (Clinical, Research, Medical Affairs, ORE) across geographies.
- The Publication Lead understands how the publication activities contribute to the overall transparency standards of reporting industry sponsored data and medical affairs communications plan for the assigned programs and therapeutic area; develops and implements strategic, compliant and fit-for-purpose publication plan; and collaborates with all levels of medical affairs and other key internal stakeholders (i.e., global, regional, local: Clinical, ORE, Biostats), medical publications agencies and external authors to ensure execution of the global publication plan.
- Ensure Takeda’s company-sponsored publication activities are conducted according to good publication practices (including, but not limited to ICMJE, GPP3, CONSORT, etc) and Takeda’s Global Publication Standard, SOP, and applicable practice guidelines.
- Strong leadership skills required for training internal teams on good publication practices and managing interactions with internal stakeholders, alliance partners, authors (internal and external), as well as company data-generators, and reviewers.
- Provide oversight of agency partners to ensure appropriate execution of publication plans; ensure vendor partners are properly trained on, and operate according to Takeda Standards, SOPs, systems, and tools for appropriate and effective execution of responsibilities.
- Manage budget for assigned programs, closely coordinate budget reporting; responsible for appropriate tracking and reporting of transfer of value according to applicable transparency rules and regulations (e.g., US Sunshine Act).
- The assigned publication programs will be global, may be large and complex, and of business importance to Takeda and Takeda’s reputation, requiring multi-functional leadership experience and skills to achieve program goals.
- Proactively develop and manage product/disease area Global Publication Strategies and Plans in coordination with relevant cross-functional teams (Medical Affairs, Clinical, Biostats: global, regional, local).
- Work with Global Medical Affairs, and Regional Lead to align publication plans across geographies. Implement/apply industry reporting standards, publication standard reporting guidelines/checklists. Work with complex data across different areas (clinical, pre-clinical, ORE) to develop robust publication plan.
- Promote and support good publication practices and principles among authors and internal publication stakeholder community ensuring high scientific quality & alignment with Compliance/Legal requirements and industry standards.
- Act as first point of contact for affiliate offices, internal business partners, and management on publication-related issues, including, but not limited to, vendor access, training, system issues, and good publication practices.
- Ensure and communicate regular updates to relevant key stakeholders to facilitate ongoing functional and regional planning and inform dependencies. Manage vendor partners to effectively and efficiently execute the tactical plan for assigned publication programs according to Takeda Standards, SOPs, and related good publication practices guidelines.
- Manage 3rd-party providers and independent contractors to ensure the delivery of quality publications on time and within budget.
- Manage specific publication project budget and contracts.
- Act as a role model for Takeda´s values
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- A higher education degree (M.D., Pharm.D., Ph.D.) is preferred;
- Master’s degree in biomedical discipline or equivalent with experience in publication management is considered.
- Focus on accountability and ownership
- Strong communication, presentation, and written skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong relationship management skills
- Unquestionable ethics
- Understanding of good publication practices
- Scientific expertise in the disease/therapeutic area preferred
- Understanding of the clinical trial design and execution, statistical methods and clinical trial data reporting requirements
- Ability to work independently
- Fluent business English (oral and written)
- 6+ years in the medical communications or biopharmaceutical industry, biopharmaceutical industry, preferably within a matrix structure.
- 4+ years’ experience in Medical Affairs or Clinical Development (e.g. Clinical Scientist, Medical Information, Medical Communications, Publications, Post-Doctoral medical communications residency or fellowship)
- Experience and knowledge of clinical trial reports, data presentation, and interpretation
- Knowledge of scientific publication planning approaches is required
- Familiarity with regulatory and legal guidelines regarding publication planning strategy and execution
- Experience leading cross-functional and global teams
- CMPP certification is preferred
- May require approximately 20% travel, including overnight and international travel to conferences, other Takeda sites, strategic partners, and therapeutic area related travel.
Notice to Employment / Recruitment Agents:
Employment / Recruitment agents may only submit candidates for vacancies only if they have written authorization to do so from Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda’s Talent Acquisition department. Any agency candidate submission may only be submitted to positions opened to the agency through the specific Agency Portal. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda will only pay a fee for candidates submitted or presented where there is a fully executed contract in place between the Employment / Recruitment agents and Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda and only if the candidate is submitted via the Agency Portal. Candidates submitted or presented by Employment / Recruitment Agents without a fully executed contract or submitted through this site shall not be deemed to form part of any Engagement for which the Agency may claim remuneration.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, will not discriminate against any worker or job applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy, gender reassignment, non-job related mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, military service, application for military service, or membership in any other category protected under law.
EEO is the Law - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
EEO is the Law – Supplement - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf
Pay Transparency Policy - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf
Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please call 484-595-8400 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Job ID SR0039534