Lead Maintenance & Reliability Plasma
Lexington, Massachusetts, Zug, Switzerland, Zurich, Switzerland
Every day, employees working in Takeda’s Global Manufacturing and Supply Chain, and Global Quality business unit are shaping the future of healthcare. They are breaking down barriers and ensuring our life-changing medicines are available, accessible, and affordable to patients. Life-changing for you. Life-changing for patients.
Global Manufacturing and Supply Chain, and Global Quality is the backbone of Takeda, and our employees are the guardians for our patients, our products, and our reputation. As a member of our team, we can offer you the opportunity to grow in a meaningful career, develop your skills, and come to work every day knowing that what you do makes a genuine difference.
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
Life at Takeda
A Global Top Employer
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only select companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2019.
At Takeda, your determination and energy, combined with our cutting-edge technology and global R&D, offers families and communities hope for Better Health and a Brighter Future.
Learn more about Manufacturing, Supply Chain, and Quality careers within our global biopharmaceutical company.
At Takeda, there is an unwavering commitment to putting patients first, and to creating a workplace that is underpinned by empowerment and focused on diversity, collaboration and steadfast values.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Here, you will feel welcomed, respected, and valued as a vital contributor our global team.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 13 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2018.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
Lead Maintenance & Reliability PlasmaApply Now
- To lead and drive the OpU M&R programs that can easily be deployed at a Site level with a focus on processes, asset reliability & business value.
- Lead site M&R organizations to roll out the long term maintenance strategy in key areas of facilities & utilities, process equipment and spare parts management.
- Oversee and optimize the site maintenance budgets, maintenance plans, long term equipment replacement plans and spare part sourcing strategies.
- Establish Equipment Criticality and apply risk based maintenance strategies to equipment and systems.
- Lead and direct the auditing process at the Site level to endure processes and strategy are rolled out correctly and is effective in delivering a robust M&R program.
- Develop & nurture core competencies of the M&R personnel at the sites to ensure the knowledge and experience is maintained.
- Ensure compliance to all regulatory GMP, Safety and Environmental requirements.
- Be aware of maintenance trends and benchmarks in the industry. Benchmark against peers so that Takeda is in line with industry.
- Drive and lead participation of M&R site SMEs in working groups in defining best practices, troubleshooting and measuring performance across the site network.
- Provide support for the Site and global KPI suite around M&R operational performance.
Technical/Functional (Line) Expertise
- Must be able to display in-depth knowledge and expertise in M&R strategies.
- Displays strong problem-solving capabilities.
- Can display analytical and conceptual thinking
- Has a deep and broad understanding of pharmaceutical manufacturing, regulatory environment, asset life cycle management, trends in innovation, and financial acumen
- An enterprise leader balancing and aligning goals and priorities to meet company objectives
- Ability to influence within the organization to drive decisions, alignment, and conflict resolution for complex cross-functional issues
- Being a mentor developing future leaders
- Displays and drives Takeda culture of Takeda-ism, PTRB, safety, and quality into the organization
Decision-making and Autonomy
- Full accountability for complex decisions regarding asset life cycle management, organization capability and delivery of value to the business.
- Is able to easily engage with both internal and external stakeholders to drive performance and rollout M&R programs.
- Collaborate across all technologies including Plasma, Biologics, API and Small Molecule within GMS to align on vision and priorities for M&R excellence.
- Works across Site teams to align and implement M&R best practices.
- Is capable of identifying new trends in the industry like 3D printing of spare parts.
- Is able to benchmark against peers in the industry
- Provides inputs for defining the innovation roadmap in GMS M&R strategies
- Ensures process knowledge sharing across sites and GE functions for effective development of organizational capabilities
- Manages with a matrix of reporting lines and across functional areas
- Provides leadership to drive highly complex M&R programs that span multiple sites across different demographics.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Degree in engineering (Dipl. Ing. / M. Sc. / B. Sc.) or equivalent (mechanical / process / chemical or equivalent
- Languages: Business fluent proficiency in English & Local Language (written and oral).
- Experience: More than 15 years experience in GMP manufacturing relevant to the specialist area of expertise.
- Minimum of 8 years leadership experience
- Broad knowledge of M&R processes and best practice in the field of expertise
- High communication skills, analytical mindset, ability to work under pressure
- GxP/QA knowledge
- Innovative thinking
- Building relationships and teamwork
- Used to working in a complex global / matrix organization.
- Can establish and coordinate service contracts with external service providers
Additional desired Skills:
- Experience with data analysis
- Good understanding of the pharmaceutical industry not limited to technical aspects only
- Regular travels to Takeda sites within the region and to equipment and service providers. (Approx. 25% travel)
Notice to Employment / Recruitment Agents:
Employment / Recruitment agents may only submit candidates for vacancies only if they have written authorization to do so from Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda’s Talent Acquisition department. Any agency candidate submission may only be submitted to positions opened to the agency through the specific Agency Portal. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda will only pay a fee for candidates submitted or presented where there is a fully executed contract in place between the Employment / Recruitment agents and Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda and only if the candidate is submitted via the Agency Portal. Candidates submitted or presented by Employment / Recruitment Agents without a fully executed contract or submitted through this site shall not be deemed to form part of any Engagement for which the Agency may claim remuneration.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, will not discriminate against any worker or job applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy, gender reassignment, non-job related mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, military service, application for military service, or membership in any other category protected under law.
EEO is the Law - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
EEO is the Law – Supplement - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf
Pay Transparency Policy - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf
Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please call 484-595-8400 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Job ID SR0042859