Associate Director, Global Continuous Improvement Leader OESSM
Every day, employees working in Takeda’s Global Manufacturing and Supply Chain, and Global Quality business unit are shaping the future of healthcare. They are breaking down barriers and ensuring our life-changing medicines are available, accessible, and affordable to patients. Life-changing for you. Life-changing for patients.
Global Manufacturing and Supply Chain, and Global Quality is the backbone of Takeda, and our employees are the guardians for our patients, our products, and our reputation. As a member of our team, we can offer you the opportunity to grow in a meaningful career, develop your skills, and come to work every day knowing that what you do makes a genuine difference.
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
Life at Takeda
A Global Top Employer
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only select companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2021.
At Takeda, your determination and energy, combined with our cutting-edge technology and global R&D, offers families and communities hope for Better Health and a Brighter Future.
Learn more about Manufacturing, Supply Chain, and Quality careers within our global biopharmaceutical company.
At Takeda, there is an unwavering commitment to putting patients first, and to creating a workplace that is underpinned by empowerment and focused on diversity, collaboration and steadfast values.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Here, you will feel welcomed, respected, and valued as a vital contributor our global team.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 13 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2021.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
Associate Director, Global Continuous Improvement Leader OESSMApply Now
- Oversee and manage the global strategy, development and execution of the AGILE program across the OpU, both Globally and for the Regions.
- Lead world wide process mapping exercises across the OpU and with partnering functions to identify areas of opportunity and prioritize projects with the highest value and impact to the OpU.
- Work in coordination with regional change agents to ensure projects and activities related to AGILE are consistent with the strategy and best practices are shared across all regions.
- Work directly with the OpU Head of Business Excellence to ensure program objectives are met.
- Lead teams globally through the completion of transformations/workshops.
- Lead and facilitate the prioritization and scoping of projects to ensure maximum use of employee resources to generate the greatest value for the function.
- Work cross functionally within the OpU and across Procurement and GMS Controlling to develop robust financial models to assist in project prioritization and implementation.
- Progress activities to completion from strategy to tactical implementation.
- Communicate progress, issues & barriers to local Agile Core teams and the OpU Head of Business Excellence.
- A critical role model with mind-set and behavior in the transformation, must exhibit the culture of continuous improvement while, teaching and mentoring on a global scale.
- Leverage best practices across the network; share across regions and with local Change Agents.
- Communicates globally the vision of AGILE across the OpU.
- Oversee and participate in area specific project reviews.
- Responsible for AGILE Program (all work streams) facilitation within the function.
DIMENSIONS AND ASPECTS
Technical/Functional (Line) Expertise
- An E2E thinker who can lead process mapping and analysis exercises across the OpU and with partnering functions to identify areas of opportunity and prioritize projects with the highest value and impact to the OpU.
- Demonstrated ability to work across functions, regions and culture.
- Proven skills as an effective team player who can engender credibility and confidence within and outside the company.
- Ability to distil complex issues and ideas down to simple comprehensible term.
Decision-making and Autonomy
- Assists the leadership team in directing the necessary resources to the AGILE transformation.
- Effectively navigates the changing external and internal environment and leads others through change by creating and inspiring and engaging workplace.
- Ability to build strong partnerships internally and externally to the OpU and drive role clarity with other interfacing Takeda functions.
- Comfortable working across multiple levels of leadership.
- Comfortable challenging the status quo and bringing forward innovative solutions.
- Ability to identify areas for process and systems innovation and implement change that will enhance the overall effectiveness of the team.
- Desire to continuously learn and work with unfamiliar processes and teams, in order to educate and instill behaviours, and monitor adoption across the OpU and Regions.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS
- Bachelor degree required, preferably in health science, engineering, or business
- MBA/Masters degree is desirable
- Minimum of 6 years in pharmaceutical industry related disciplines, Operations experience desirable.
- Minimum of 2 years as a Product or Project Manager or equivalent position
- Minimum of three years supervisory experience and/or independent project leadership experience.
- Familiarity with Operational Excellence - Lean, Six Sigma & End-to-End business process management concepts.
- Budget planning and management experience.
- Good understanding of drug development and NDA process, production processes and technologies, cGMP regulations, and pharmaceutical outsourcing.
- Good understanding of regulatory requirements for most aspects of an NDA, sNDA, annual reports.
- Proficient in application of project management skills and techniques.
- Proficient in presentation tools and techniques.
- Willingness to travel to various meetings or client sites, including overnight trips. International travel may be required.
- Requires approximately 20% travel.
This job posting excludes CO applicants.
Time TypeFull time
Job ID R0035241