Associate Director, Business Excellence Plasma
Lexington, Massachusetts, Dublin, Ireland, Vienna, Austria, Zurich, Switzerland
Every day, employees working in Takeda’s Global Manufacturing and Supply Chain, and Global Quality business unit are shaping the future of healthcare. They are breaking down barriers and ensuring our life-changing medicines are available, accessible, and affordable to patients. Life-changing for you. Life-changing for patients.
Global Manufacturing and Supply Chain, and Global Quality is the backbone of Takeda, and our employees are the guardians for our patients, our products, and our reputation. As a member of our team, we can offer you the opportunity to grow in a meaningful career, develop your skills, and come to work every day knowing that what you do makes a genuine difference.
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
Life at Takeda
A Global Top Employer
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only select companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2019.
At Takeda, your determination and energy, combined with our cutting-edge technology and global R&D, offers families and communities hope for Better Health and a Brighter Future.
Learn more about Manufacturing, Supply Chain, and Quality careers within our global biopharmaceutical company.
At Takeda, there is an unwavering commitment to putting patients first, and to creating a workplace that is underpinned by empowerment and focused on diversity, collaboration and steadfast values.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Here, you will feel welcomed, respected, and valued as a vital contributor our global team.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 13 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2018.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
Associate Director, Business Excellence PlasmaApply Now
The Business Excellence Lead for the Plasma Operating Unit (Plasma OpU) works in partnership with the Head of the Plasma Operating Unit Business Excellence and the Plasma OpU Leadership team to develop and implement strategies and tactical plans to enable the team to improve performance across the Operating Unit.
Will lead, facilitate, and drive performance across the Plasma OpU, both for internal and external sites. Key duties of the role include:
- Lead value stream improvements for plasma portfolio in conjunction with the Product team/product operating leader & Supply chain to ensure vision of best supply chain is realized for Plasma.
- Lead coordination of benchmarking and site assessment processes for efficient and effective application to the OpU to maximize continuous improvement opportunities
- Establish and manage the budget process, financial tracking and KPI performance monitoring for the OpU. Identify areas for improvement and lead cross-functional teams to implement solutions focused on driving continuous improvement.
- Define and maintain OpU governance processes, provide leadership for developing/maintaining the manufacturing network strategy and facilitate implementation of the strategy across the network.
- Maintains cross-functional relationships across the Global GMSGQ network to ensure business operations are performed in alignment with GMSGQ/Takeda vision and goals.
- Project or program manage cross-functional OpU initiatives as required
- Plasma Performance reporting: Establish integrated plasma performance reporting process and continuous improvement with all stakeholders
- Plasma OpU Governance: Establish and manage the governance structure for the Plasma OpU, ensuring clear lines of communication, vetting, and decision-making, in line with GMSGQ Governance Model.
- Strategy Deployment within OpU: Lead and coordinate the deployment of OpU initiatives across the network and lead efficient program management and reporting at OpU level.
- Leadership and oversight to matrix oriented teams to achieve designated project objectives, based upon stakeholder needs.
- Product value stream optimization lead: Own the identification and execution of value chain improvements aligned with the product operations lead & supply chain value stream lead.
- Network benchmark/POBOS/Site Assessment lead: Be the OpU point of contact for SBE-led processes to ensure an efficient and effective process of benchmarking and help identification of continuous improvement opportunities.
- GMS initiative support: Network strategy, risk assessment, network capacity planning, other processes as required: Lead the coordination for efficient & Effective application within the OpU.
- Maintain data and knowledge management systems. Work within the global CMO network to establish data-sharing processes.
- Creates alignment across the Plasma OpU around a proven set of best practices through the creation and maintenance of a Project Portfolio Governance Process while aligning with functional business partners and with the other OpUs and GMS regions as required.
Technical/Functional (Line) Expertise
- Solid understanding of the role of the OpU and how it contributes to achieving the broader business objectives. Balances strategic awareness and direction setting with a focus on achieving consistent tactical results.
- Familiar with a broad range of Operational Excellence methodologies and their applications, able to apply a selection of them.
- Knowledge and experience in Bio-Pharmaceutical Manufacturing.
- Strong technical operations (manufacturing, engineering, quality) experience and understanding of diverse technologies.
- Coordinates and works closely with site Business Excellence teams. Works closely and openly with GMSGQ functions
- Must possess strong program leadership, team building and problem-solving skills. Acts as a positive, resilient and collaborative leader.
Decision-making and Autonomy
- Develops and implements program actions under leadership and coordination of Business Excellence lead
- Defines value chain improvements and associated business cases
- Develops and implements strategies, policies, and tactics. Coordinates multiple and changing priorities effectively with a continued focus on achieving outcomes.
- Day to day engagement with OpU & GMS network colleagues to include but not limited to Manufacturing Plants, External Supply, Quality, Manufacturing Sciences, Procurement, IT, Engineering, Finance, Strategy & Business Excellence, Supply Chain, EHS, Operational Excellence, Product Operations Teams, CMC Teams, Biologics and ES Oncology Small Molecule Operating Units.
- Engagement as required with PDT BU colleagues.
- Contribution of thought, experience, background, and skills in the areas of business excellence, leveraging technology to drive process excellence and improve overall organizational performance.
- Leads Business Intelligence, Analytics, and Digital / AGILE initiatives to support the OpU.
- Drives coordination and execution of Plasma OpU processes, projects and governance. Facilitates, monitors, and aligns activities across teams / sites to ensure optimal performance delivery across the Plasma OpU.
- Determines appropriate mechanisms to achieve goals and objectives. Escalates issues regarding the level of engagement with other functions.
- Leads execution of end to end supply chain improvements considering financial and other trade-offs between sites
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS
- 8+ relevant pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical or related industry experience years of related experience
- Demonstrated experience leading high priority initiatives within a matrix organization.
- Experience in continuous improvement methodologies with demonstrated application
- Demonstrated experience & skills in project and program management
- Experience in coordinating cross-functional, global teams. Ability to build positive working relationships across global teams. Strong networking and interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to effectively communicate and influence at all levels of the organization.
- Strong business acumen.
- B.S. degree in Technical Discipline, Business, Finance, Science, Supply Chain or related field.
- Master’s Degree, MBA, or related business degree
- Experience & understanding of value stream analysis
- Understanding of global supply chain operations
- Demonstrated experience & skills in process ownership & continuous improvement of same
- Strong technical operations (manufacturing, engineering, quality, strategy) experience and understanding of diverse technologies.
- Experience in developing and/or evaluating feasibility assessments of projects/technologies/assets - taking into account technical and business relevant aspects.
- Experience in benchmarking industry operations to include but not limited to Digital Technology trends and their associated application to the industry.
- Travel required up to 25% (national and international)
Notice to Employment / Recruitment Agents:
Employment / Recruitment agents may only submit candidates for vacancies only if they have written authorization to do so from Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda’s Talent Acquisition department. Any agency candidate submission may only be submitted to positions opened to the agency through the specific Agency Portal. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda will only pay a fee for candidates submitted or presented where there is a fully executed contract in place between the Employment / Recruitment agents and Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda and only if the candidate is submitted via the Agency Portal. Candidates submitted or presented by Employment / Recruitment Agents without a fully executed contract or submitted through this site shall not be deemed to form part of any Engagement for which the Agency may claim remuneration.
Job ID SR0043057