Application Engineer, Full Stack
Every day, employees working in Takeda’s Global Manufacturing and Supply Chain, and Global Quality business unit are shaping the future of healthcare. They are breaking down barriers and ensuring our life-changing medicines are available, accessible, and affordable to patients. Life-changing for you. Life-changing for patients.
Global Manufacturing and Supply Chain, and Global Quality is the backbone of Takeda, and our employees are the guardians for our patients, our products, and our reputation. As a member of our team, we can offer you the opportunity to grow in a meaningful career, develop your skills, and come to work every day knowing that what you do makes a genuine difference.
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
Life at Takeda
A Global Top Employer
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only select companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2021.
At Takeda, your determination and energy, combined with our cutting-edge technology and global R&D, offers families and communities hope for Better Health and a Brighter Future.
Learn more about Manufacturing, Supply Chain, and Quality careers within our global biopharmaceutical company.
At Takeda, there is an unwavering commitment to putting patients first, and to creating a workplace that is underpinned by empowerment and focused on diversity, collaboration and steadfast values.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Here, you will feel welcomed, respected, and valued as a vital contributor our global team.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 13 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2021.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
Application Engineer, Full StackApply Now
The core purpose of the Application Engineer, Full Stack is to:
- Directly develop functionality to implement, support, and continuously improve the end-to-end user experience of the enterprise Project and Portfolio Management System
- Design data-driven UI components along with scalable backend services using modern API patterns or frameworks like REST or gRPC
- Create efficient data pipelines able to perform large data transformation jobs to support front-end data visualization
- Ensure the tools developed within the center function PMO are fit-for-purpose and delivering the expected value to internal customers
- Fullstack development that implements functionality specified by team members, stakeholders, and end users
- Design user interfaces and experiences through the use of wireframes and other mock-up methods to ensure viable solutions before implementation.
- Perform implementation, coding, and testing UI/UX components and backend APIs
- Utilize modern, data-driven techniques to identify opportunities to refine and continuously improve existing user interface elements
- Engage in live site issues or outages to support user base of > 2000 users
- Will be required to learn new technologies based on the needs of the business
DIMENSIONS AND ASPECTS
- Detailed technical skills related to front-end software development
- Knowledge of how to interface with backend systems that use different designs or architectures such as REST or SOAP to create cohesive front-end experiences
- Experience with data analysis using Python or R is a big plus
- Shows leadership and supports the implementation of solutions and new technologies which have been identified by others.
- Able to manage self in an ambiguous and complex environment to properly prioritize and deliver outcomes.
Decision-making and Autonomy
- Takes decisions related to technical issues that do not interfere with or impact default system behavior and user experience.
- Prepares and shares solution proposals with the team so a collaborative team decision can be taken.
- Interacts with GMS users, internal IT reps and developers from external vendors in order to get technical solutions implemented and issues resolved
- Flexibility to accommodate meetings in various time zones around the world
- Can communicate fluently in English
- Constantly looks for new opportunities to improve existing systems and technology.
- Considers and addresses business needs and develops solutions in coordination with the team
- Can work in a complex environment with multiple types of software and systems
- Capable and willing to adjust to shifting priorities in a complex environment
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS
Education / Experience
- Minimum of a four year Bachelor's Degree in computer science, engineering, or other technical discipline (or equivalent experience). 3+ years of business experience with a preference for the Pharmaceutical and/or BioTech industry.
- Working experience in design, development, and implementation of both front-end and back-end software components
- Front-end development experience with modern UI frameworks and libraries such as Vue, React, Angular, or Meteor with data visualization libraries like d3.js or Plotly.
- Back-end development experience with databases (SQL preferred) and high level programming language such as C#, Java, or Python.
- Experience with data analysis using Python or R is a plus.
Core Competencies / Skills
- Understands design patterns and is able to learn, understand, and contribute to a complex existing code base
- Has the ability to build intuitive UX/UX components connected to high-volume data sources
- Has the ability to work with large amount of data: data migration,data preparation for import/export, generating data from a database using SQL
- Specific experience Kendo front-end User Interface framework is a big plus
- Has excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Pro-actively takes care of tasks he/she is responsible for and communicates status and achievements
This job posting excludes CO applicants.
Time TypeFull time
Job ID R0037100