Supply and Production Planning Manager
Business Area Overview
On the Global Manufacturing and Supply (GMS) team at Takeda, you’ll be part of a rapidly transforming industry that’s applying technology and data in new ways. Within our agile, innovative, people-centric organization, your work will matter every day as you use your skills to help us manufacture therapies for patients on our four platforms:
- Small Molecules
- Cell and Gene
As part of the GMS team, you'll have the opportunity to pursue unique experiences and build new skills, and you'll know that the work you do every day makes an impact — on our patients, our people, our planet, and on yourself.
Working at Takeda
Here, you will feel welcomed, respected, and valued as a vital contributor to our global team.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 11 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2022.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
Supply and Production Planning ManagerJob ID R0070907 Date posted Jul. 28, 2022 Location Lessines, Belgium
About the role:
Supply and Production Planning Manager reviews the detailed production plan created by production planners for different manufacturing process steps. He/She leads a team of production planners (8 people) for different manufacturing process steps (i.e.purification, filling and packaging). The Managerensures timely bulk/final product shipments to defined warehouse(s) per committed plan. He/She acts as site single point of contact for production capacities and coordinates biannual volumes/inventories reviews.
How you will contribute:
• Coordinate the detailed production plan for different production step(s) (i.e. purification, filling and packaging) at a defined frequency (i.e. daily/weekly/monthly) that is in alignment with master production schedule (MPS) and/or allocation plan by factoring in plant capacity and efficiency.
• Ensure alignment of product plan with financial forecast and current outlook. Report variances to the Supply Chain Director.
• Coordinate the short, medium, and long term site capacities of the site as supply chain expert and report figures accordingly to the network
• Coordinate the biannual budget reviews as far as volumes and inventories are concerned
• Coordinate the team that ensure Quality release is in alignment with the expected release dates of the product (s) and/or shipment schedule prior to locking down the weekly/monthly plan for releases outside of the normal release time (i.e. expedited).
• Lead a team of qualified production planners, including admin supports
• Develop a high performing team through goal setting, driving results and accountability, providing appropriate, frequent, and timely feedback on performance to the direct reports, coaching, developing, rewarding, and recognizing.
• Establish the right and timely escalation process to Supply Chain Director/Senior Leadership team for issues that impact the site and/or multiple products
• Establish, review and report accurate supply chain key business metrics (i.e. MPS/Lead time/ship fulfilment, product/shipment schedule adherence, work order timely creation and closure, inventory metrics) on a required frequency (i.e. daily/weekly).
• Lead monthly site supply reviews with key stakeholders of the site
• Coordinate the site Material Review Board and associated reporting (ie. to finance)
• Develop and implement efficient work streams within supply chain value stream by leading continuous improvement projects, supporting initiatives, and/or playing an active role in process harmonization team(s).
What you bring to Takeda:
• B.Sc. in Engineering/Science/Business Administration/Supply Chain or similar degree
• 4- Minimum of 5+ years of experience in supply planning/logistics in the pharmaceutical or medical devices sector
• cGMP experience is a must
• Lean/six sigma certification is an asset
• APICS certification preferred
• Strong MRP/ERP/JD Edwards knowledge
• Must have appropriate communication skills
• Must be in line with Takeda values (PTRB) and competencies to be customer focused, respectful, of high integrity, be open and honest, and excellent in execution
• Strong leadership skills
More about us:
At Takeda, we are transforming patient care through the development of novel specialty pharmaceuticals and best in class patient support programs. Takeda is a patient-focused company that will inspire and empower you to grow through life-changing work.
Certified as a Global Top Employer, Takeda offers stimulating careers, encourages innovation, and strives for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
Empowering our people to shine:
Takeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse workforce and providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, genetic information, or characteristics, marital or other status. At Takeda, we embrace diversity as a whole.
LocationsBEL - Lessines
Time TypeFull time
View All GMS JobsSearch
Operator im Upstream für die Produktion von Gentherapie Produkten (w/m/d)
Apply for Operator im Upstream für die Produktion von Gentherapie Produkten (w/m/d) Orth an der Donau, Austria Manufacturing/Production
Manufacturing Technician II
Apply for Manufacturing Technician II Social Circle, Georgia Manufacturing/Production
Sr. Manager Technology Excellence - Data Science
Apply for Sr. Manager Technology Excellence - Data Science Boston, Massachusetts Manufacturing Sciences
We Take Action by Focusing on Our Four Priorities
- Create an exceptional people experience
- Responsibly translate science into highly innovative, life-changing medicines and vaccines
- Protect our planet
- Unleash the power of data and digital