Recruitment Fraud Alert
Takeda has received reports that there are instances of identity thieves posing as Takeda employees in an attempt to steal personal information from job seekers. In these cases, identity thieves visit job-related websites and invite candidates to online chats. During the chat, they press job seekers to provide bank account information and personal identification numbers. If you receive unexpected offers of employment from people claiming to work for Takeda, we suggest you do not correspond with them, do not click any hyperlinks and do not open any attachments.
At Takeda, we will never ask for personal financial information during any step of the interview nor do we charge job seekers fees as part of the recruitment process. Takeda’s recruiting correspondence will be sent by a recruiting representative with an @takeda.com email address – not @gmail.com, @yahoo.com, @hotmail.com or any other email domain service.
If you believe you have been contacted by an unauthorized person, please contact your local law enforcement agency immediately.
Senior Procurement Business Partner
Senior Procurement Business Partner
Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us as a Senior Procurement Business Partner atour manufacturing site in Lessines, Belgium.
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D- driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potentialthroughlife-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strivefor excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission.
As a Senior Procurement Business Partner and direct manager of a team of 2 you will be responsible for the procurement activities of the Lessines (BE) manufacturing site.
The procurement activities include:
- Raw and packaging materials required to production activities
- Indirect services
- Equipment and services required to CAPEX investment projects
As a Senior Procurement Business Partner you will act as the key contact to translate requirements of Global Manufacturing and Supply business into strategies and operational procurement activities.
A Senior Procurement Business Partner will ensure:
- the continuous production activities through the availability of key raw and packaging materials as well as the proper assessment and mitigation of risks related to that.
- the correct balance of resources is utilized to deliver projects, and as such be able to deliver best-in-class procurement support to the organization.
- translate global category strategies into local sourcing activities.
- monitor progress of requests and provide regular scheduled updates to business requestor.
- as a site leadership team member have direct interaction with the site management team and multiple other functions at the Lessines site while always representing Takeda’s values according to the code of conduct and ethics code.
- manage compliance with procurement responsibilities in line with local business requirements, with a focus on meeting the agreed local business requirements through the successful provision of goods and services from external third parties.
- be responsible for supplier management activities for all local / regional suppliers; these include contract negotiations and management, problem resolution, project management, and supplier performance reporting.
- be responsible for the execution of local spend categories and ad-hoc buying activities, including e-Sourcing and transactional contracting as well as for converting above country negotiated contracts into local contracts and supporting rollout of these arrangements within their location.
• Located in Belgium (preferably in the vicinity of Lessines considering the required on-site presence)
• Degree level educated (business related degree preferable)
• Business level fluency in English.
• Business level fluency in French.
• Previous experience in procurement and sourcing activities in the Pharmaceutical, Life Sciences or Food, Oil and Gas, Chemical industries.
• 10 years of demonstrated relevant Sourcing & Procurement experience in the field of raw, and packaging materials (e.g. chemicals, filters, single use technology items, resins, glass vials, rubber stoppers, folding boxes etc), indirect services e.g. (consultancy, IT, facility management, etc) and equipment (e.g. manufacturing, filling, packaging equipment) and services (e.g. engineering & design, construction management and validation) required to capital projects.
• Demonstrated experience in:
- managing small- / mid-size teams (2-5 people)
- supporting cost reduction projects, value improvement programs, contracting, e-Sourcing and spot buying, preferably in a biotech/pharmaceutical industry.
- understanding of direct / indirect / CAPEX spend categories as described above and potential cost levers or market fundamentals.
- understanding in Category Management principles and frameworks and the development of sourcing strategies.
- working in a fast-paced environment
- providing customer support over multiple countries.
- in collating, organizing, analyzing and reporting complex financial data with solid grounding in basic procurement and financial processes and systems.
- Communicating with stakeholders at different seniority levels.
• Proven Business Acumen (e.g. TCO, NPV & Cost Modeling).
• Expert proficiency in basic MS Office and with enterprise systems (SAP, Oracle) and preferably Procurement tools (e.g. Ariba, SAP).