Recruitment Fraud Alert
Takeda has received reports that there are instances of identity thieves posing as Takeda employees in an attempt to steal personal information from job seekers. In these cases, identity thieves visit job-related websites and invite candidates to online chats. During the chat, they press job seekers to provide bank account information and personal identification numbers. If you receive unexpected offers of employment from people claiming to work for Takeda, we suggest you do not correspond with them, do not click any hyperlinks and do not open any attachments.
At Takeda, we will never ask for personal financial information during any step of the interview nor do we charge job seekers fees as part of the recruitment process. Takeda’s recruiting correspondence will be sent by a recruiting representative with an @takeda.com email address – not @gmail.com, @yahoo.com, @hotmail.com or any other email domain service.
If you believe you have been contacted by an unauthorized person, please contact your local law enforcement agency immediately.
Senior HR Manager – Head of Social Relations
The Head of Social Relations is accountable for conducting constructive and positive social dialogue on both Takeda’s locations in Belgium, Lessines (manufacturing site with 1200 employees – blue and white collars) and Zaventem (commercial activities with 100 employees – white collars).
She/he is expected to become the natural go-to person when it comes to employee relations and legal advice and guidance. She/he will make sure we are acting in line with latest trends and regulations and will ensure it’s reflected in the employee policies and ways of working.
She/he will be working across all Business Units and functions operating in the country and at global level. This includes strong and effective partnership with local HR Partners, leaders and the Head of HR.
The Head of Social Relations will be part of the HR team in Lessines, directly reporting to the Head of HR with the possibility to work remotely as described in our hybrid working model.
The Head of Social Relations will create added value in the following areas, among others:
• He/she is the privileged interlocutor of the various actors who guarantee social dialogue within the organization through the various bodies. He/she is recognized as a quality partner, reliable and with the regulatory knowledge necessary for constructive discussions.
• He/she proactively supports management and HR Business Partners as well as employees in the management of individual cases on a daily basis.
• He/she leads and ensures the various collective negotiations. He/she is up to date with the latest developments at national and sectoral levels.
• He/she accompanies and supports the management in an active partnership approach in the social dialogue.
• He/she is involved in, leads, manages and pilots activities and projects aimed at improving the social environment of Takeda Belgium through working groups or more specific projects with a social, innovative and inclusive scope. He/she contributes to more cross-functional HR projects where appropriate.
• He/she ensures effective collaboration with the authorities, representative bodies and possibly the courts if necessary.
• He/she acts as a "resource person" for all matters relating to social legislation and local and global HR policies in place, and advises the Senior Leadership in resolving complex situations.
• He/she is the organizer and guarantor of recurrent activities such as social elections, updating of internal regulations and work rules.
• He/she is an Ambassador of best practices and information sharing within the HR team and the business units and characterizes the efficient management of its activities through clear cockpits and reporting.
Skills and Leadership Capabilities
• Natural leadership with a strong ability to influence, impact and convince.
• Ability to lead transformation by engaging the various stakeholders within human resources, employees, labor organizations and the business.
• Ability to find solutions, make decisions and make agreements while managing ambiguity and complexity.
• Social intelligence that will create a strong network and connect within the organization both formally and informally.
• Team player with a strong desire to contribute to a positive work environment within the organization.
• Ability to develop, coach and mentor leaders to become key players in the social dialogue.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills to convey sometimes complex information in a clear and concise manner, in French for the Lessines site, in Dutch for the Zaventem site and in English for exchanges at the Corporation level.
• Experience in leading initiatives that will create an exceptional employee experience.
Experience And Education
• Master’s degree with background in labour or employment law
• At least 10 years’ experience in Labor Relations
• Broad HR generalist experience (10-15 years)
• Profound knowledge of local country labor law and EU employment regulations
• Human Resources experience in the health care or pharmaceutical industry preferred.
• Proficient in French and Dutch for interactions with the Work’s councils and / or Unions