Senior Environment Specialist
Business Area Overview
On the Global Manufacturing and Supply (GMS) team at Takeda, you’ll be part of a rapidly transforming industry that’s applying technology and data in new ways. Within our agile, innovative, people-centric organization, your work will matter every day as you use your skills to help us manufacture therapies for patients on our four platforms:
- Small Molecules
- Cell and Gene
As part of the GMS team, you'll have the opportunity to pursue unique experiences and build new skills, and you'll know that the work you do every day makes an impact — on our patients, our people, our planet, and on yourself.
Working at Takeda
Here, you will feel welcomed, respected, and valued as a vital contributor to our global team.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 11 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2022.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
Senior Environment SpecialistJob ID R0068023 Date posted May. 23, 2022 Location Lessines, Belgium
About the role:
Senior Environment Specialist will be responsible for performing field inspections, preparing detailed reports for the organization or for local, regional or European authorities, supporting the deployment of our Environmental Management System (EMS) and identifying & driving improvement opportunities with regards to waste management.
How you will contribute:
- Oversee environmental field inspections, report non conformities or opportunities for improvement and build & follow-up the assocatied corrective/preventive action plan
- Oversee waste disposal (collaboration with an external partner in charge of site waste management)
- Maintain environmental management system: identication of the inventory/location of dangerous and non-dangerous waste and follow-up on investigations when needed, documentation update (SOP, guidelines,…), compliance tasks follow-up & closure,…
- Develop & recommend solutions to reduce our environmental risks and footprint, assist in developping project proposals and statement of work
- Generate environment reports as requested by authorities (waste water, air emissions, noise, ETS…)
- Generate environment reports for Takeda Corporate EHS
- Stay updated with local, regional and federal environment regulations
- Support permit applications and agreements as needed
- Identify and solve environmental violations
- Educate workers on environmental procedures and programs
What you bring to Takeda:
- Bachelor degree in Environmental Science/Engineering or Sustainability
- A min of 5 years experience in a similar role
- Knowledge of environmental regulatory requirements
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Critical reviewing skills to analyze and produce technical reports
- Ability to work in a team
- Team player
- Ability to take the lead on projects
- Good organization & time management
More about us:
At Takeda, we are transforming patient care through the development of novel specialty pharmaceuticals and best in class patient support programs. Takeda is a patient-focused company that will inspire and empower you to grow through life-changing work.
Certified as a Global Top Employer, Takeda offers stimulating careers, encourages innovation, and strives for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
Empowering our people to shine:
Takeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse workforce and providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, genetic information, or characteristics, marital or other status. At Takeda, we embrace diversity as a whole.
LocationsBEL - Lessines
Time TypeFull time
View All GMS JobsSearch
Development Associate I
Apply for Development Associate I Brooklyn Park, Minnesota Other
Department Specialist I
Apply for Department Specialist I Los Angeles, California Manufacturing/Production
Regulatory Submissions CMC Lead
Apply for Regulatory Submissions CMC Lead Cambridge, Massachusetts Manufacturing Sciences
We take action by focusing on our four priorities
- Create an exceptional people experience
- Responsibly translate science into highly innovative, life-changing medicines and vaccines
- Protect our planet
- Unleash the power of data and digital
About our location
Lessines, WalloniaExpand Map