Planner-Buyer Manager (Raw Materials)
Every day, employees working in Takeda’s Global Manufacturing and Supply Chain, and Global Quality business unit are shaping the future of healthcare. They are breaking down barriers and ensuring our life-changing medicines are available, accessible, and affordable to patients. Life-changing for you. Life-changing for patients.
Global Manufacturing and Supply Chain, and Global Quality is the backbone of Takeda, and our employees are the guardians for our patients, our products, and our reputation. As a member of our team, we can offer you the opportunity to grow in a meaningful career, develop your skills, and come to work every day knowing that what you do makes a genuine difference.
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
Life at Takeda
A Global Top Employer
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only select companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2019.
At Takeda, your determination and energy, combined with our cutting-edge technology and global R&D, offers families and communities hope for Better Health and a Brighter Future.
Learn more about Manufacturing, Supply Chain, and Quality careers within our global biopharmaceutical company.
At Takeda, there is an unwavering commitment to putting patients first, and to creating a workplace that is underpinned by empowerment and focused on diversity, collaboration and steadfast values.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Here, you will feel welcomed, respected, and valued as a vital contributor our global team.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 13 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2018.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
Planner-Buyer Manager (Raw Materials)Apply Now
This position Leads the Planner/Buyer team and represents the team in respective meetings, being the main contact for Stakeholders. Local Process Owner for Planner/Buyer concept - consistently work on process improvements. Be prepared to work on new projects assigned and identify and execute Process improvement opportunities.
25% Responsible function for continuity of supply for Raw materials/auxiliaries, tracking and issues management of those for Lessines facility:
- Communicate/Report/Escalate supply shortage issues in a timely and accurate manner and communicate transparent and up to date supply plans to internal stakeholders. Align with local GSP department, SC site lead and internal stakeholders. Lead respective local meetings and represent Planner/Buyer function in project teams. Decide on supply trade-offs in close cooperation with all Supply Chain Planning departments.
- Prepare/track information on weekly raw materials/auxiliaries plant status. Lead weekly raw materials Issue Meetings for reporting into plant management and push progress at QIT meetings.
- Drive inventory optimization tasks
- Monitor quality of input data for planning process. Initiate corrective action if necessary
- First point of contact for Raw material planning matters with suppliers
25% Process Owner role:
- Identify with collaborating departments (locally and Globally) needs for process improvement (MRP and Scheduling) and initiate improvement tasks
- Lead or at least initiate process improvement initiatives for both process logic and process performance topics
15% Data reporting and analysis:
- Prepare global forecasts for GSP - assure data forecast accuracy within the ERP-system
- Lead Safety Stock Review Meetings
- Lead Review of item master data of all auxiliaries regarding to Planner Buyer related parameters
- Lead Inventory review for optimization of inventory level (i.e. slow movers, excess/obsolete, short dated and expired + related dispositions),ensure supply is in line with required safety stock targets.
- Evaluate/discuss/confirm auxiliary release performance through observing release adherence development
- Consolidate for review and answer requests from Financial department
15% Material Change management:
- Coordination of Material changes coming from Takeda’s suppliers
- Change and planning evaluation
20% People Management :
- Supervision and coordination of the Planner Buyer team at an operational level
- Ensure availability of working tools/environment for Planner/Buyer – consolidation of tools upfront to improve efficiency
- Represent Supply Chain planning on Audits regarding Raw materials/Auxiliary topics - depending on demand and audit goal/ auditing organization
- Training for self and team
- Ensure development plan creation and follow up
- Fully substitute or support Planner Buyer in case of emergency or shortage of human resources
- Master Degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain or other relevant field
- Minimum 7 years professional experience in supply chain management and customer service and/or procurement
- Minimum of 3 years experience in leading a team
- Experience in Raw Materials Management, Disposition/Planning and Cost Accounting is preferred
- Outstanding business acumen as well as commercial and financial understanding of the Materials Requirements Planning
- Profound knowledge of MS Office (expert level in Excel), ERP systems (e.g. JDE) and supply chain planning tools
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Language skills: Fluent in French and English. Exceptional written, oral and interpersonal communication skills , ability to lead workshops
Notice to Employment / Recruitment Agents:
Employment / Recruitment agents may only submit candidates for vacancies only if they have written authorization to do so from Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda’s Talent Acquisition department. Any agency candidate submission may only be submitted to positions opened to the agency through the specific Agency Portal. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda will only pay a fee for candidates submitted or presented where there is a fully executed contract in place between the Employment / Recruitment agents and Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda and only if the candidate is submitted via the Agency Portal. Candidates submitted or presented by Employment / Recruitment Agents without a fully executed contract or submitted through this site shall not be deemed to form part of any Engagement for which the Agency may claim remuneration.
Job ID SR0032437