Engineering Systems Specialist
Every day, employees working in Takeda’s Global Manufacturing and Supply Chain, and Global Quality business unit are shaping the future of healthcare. They are breaking down barriers and ensuring our life-changing medicines are available, accessible, and affordable to patients. Life-changing for you. Life-changing for patients.
Global Manufacturing and Supply Chain, and Global Quality is the backbone of Takeda, and our employees are the guardians for our patients, our products, and our reputation. As a member of our team, we can offer you the opportunity to grow in a meaningful career, develop your skills, and come to work every day knowing that what you do makes a genuine difference.
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
Life at Takeda
A Global Top Employer
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only select companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2020.
At Takeda, your determination and energy, combined with our cutting-edge technology and global R&D, offers families and communities hope for Better Health and a Brighter Future.
Learn more about Manufacturing, Supply Chain, and Quality careers within our global biopharmaceutical company.
At Takeda, there is an unwavering commitment to putting patients first, and to creating a workplace that is underpinned by empowerment and focused on diversity, collaboration and steadfast values.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Here, you will feel welcomed, respected, and valued as a vital contributor our global team.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 13 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2020.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
Engineering Systems SpecialistApply Now
The Engineering System Specialist is integrated in the Engineering Systems team. The scope of this position is to:
- Create and improve the templates of engineering documentation including validation documentation
- Create and improve engineering guidance to standardize the flow of the documentation and the validation requirements
- Coordinate and Improve the structure engineering documentation repertory.
- Coach partners of the engineering team to improve their documentation aspect
- Write/Review project documentation drafted by engineers before the official validation review
- Support engineering team for new projects according to GMP and Best Engineering Practices requirements.
Scope of the function:
- Filling,and Packing Engineering and automation.
- Purification / Utilities Engineering and automation.
- HVAC and Facilities Engineering and automation.
- The incumbent is a validation expert supporting mechanical and automation engineering projects documentations (URS, Functionnal & design specifications, commissioning activities…)
- Create and improve templates & guidances for Site Engineering activities (tenders, validation packages, ...)
- Support the redaction, coach engineers and review of documentations before Validation Agreement.
- Recommend efficient improvement to qualify equipments and systems.
- Coordinate engineering documentation activities to support the projects
- Improve the department documentation structure.
- Periodic review of Engineering procedures and forms to ensure alignment with local/divisional procedures
- Assure strict compliance with cGMP, 21 CFRs, GAMP5, Corporate, Divisional and regulatory requirements
- Support site activities as a technical professional to facilitate investigations
DIMENSIONS AND ASPECTS
Technical/Functional (Line) Expertise
He or She is able to understand all technical installations, equipments and sytems used on the site.He or She is comfortable with the main requirement of validation for a new system or equipment. He or She is comfortable with technical documentation, engineering aspects, protocols and quality documentation to support all activities on site. He or She is perfectly aware of current validation divisional procedure.
Leadership: He or she is also able to be factual to report problematics to management
He or She is able to analyse the current process and identify the improvements to do to simplify and standardize.
Decision-making and Autonomy
He or She is able to report his or her final evaluation of technical choices inside projects core team. He or She will present this final evaluation to a final review for coaching by the manager or the senior engineer before presenting the final statement for agreement at the superior management level.
He or She is a collaborative and proactiv member inside a team. He or She is sensitive and highly consider humans problematics to interact with other departments with demonstrated communication skills.
Leads benchmark and innovative ideas, propose innovation long term plan.
He or She have to take as a main priority EHS aspects inside all interventions on line.
He or She is aware of the complexity of products manufactured by TAKEDA Lessines, the complexity of aseptics aspects. He or She is also able to understand humans challenge complexity, to be able to respect any interlocutors by applying TAKEDA ethics code.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
Education / experience:
- Master degree in Biologics, Validation, Mechanics, Automation, Electrics: (Or Bachelor degree+ Exp.)
- Comfortable with the technology evolution for automation systems.
- 5 years as a Validation Engineer with efficient technical skills.
Core Competencies / Skills / Leadership Behaviors:
- Experience with Quality Systems and Processes in a GMP regulated and FDA licensed manufacturing site.
- Good communication, leadership and organizational skills
- Has the ability to prioritize multiple tasks and work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Client oriented, rigorous, synthetic and analytic thinking
- Good written and verbal skills in French and English.
- Must be sensitive to Data Integrity aspects.
- Must be proficient with standard office software (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
Notice to Employment / Recruitment Agents:
Employment / Recruitment agents may only submit candidates for vacancies only if they have written authorization to do so from Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda’s Talent Acquisition department. Any agency candidate submission may only be submitted to positions opened to the agency through the specific Agency Portal. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda will only pay a fee for candidates submitted or presented where there is a fully executed contract in place between the Employment / Recruitment agents and Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda and only if the candidate is submitted via the Agency Portal. Candidates submitted or presented by Employment / Recruitment Agents without a fully executed contract or submitted through this site shall not be deemed to form part of any Engagement for which the Agency may claim remuneration.
Job ID SR0046436