Engineering systems specialist (réf ENG007)
Every day, employees working in Takeda’s Global Manufacturing and Supply Chain, and Global Quality business unit are shaping the future of healthcare. They are breaking down barriers and ensuring our life-changing medicines are available, accessible, and affordable to patients. Life-changing for you. Life-changing for patients.
Global Manufacturing and Supply Chain, and Global Quality is the backbone of Takeda, and our employees are the guardians for our patients, our products, and our reputation. As a member of our team, we can offer you the opportunity to grow in a meaningful career, develop your skills, and come to work every day knowing that what you do makes a genuine difference.
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
Life at Takeda
A Global Top Employer
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only select companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2019.
At Takeda, your determination and energy, combined with our cutting-edge technology and global R&D, offers families and communities hope for Better Health and a Brighter Future.
Learn more about Manufacturing, Supply Chain, and Quality careers within our global biopharmaceutical company.
At Takeda, there is an unwavering commitment to putting patients first, and to creating a workplace that is underpinned by empowerment and focused on diversity, collaboration and steadfast values.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Here, you will feel welcomed, respected, and valued as a vital contributor our global team.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 13 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2018.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
Engineering systems specialist (réf ENG007)Apply Now
OBJECTIVES/PURPOSE (3-4 bullets)
The Purification Engineering Systems Specialist is integrated in the Purification Engineering structure.
The Purification engineering includes mechanical and automation engineering of purification systems and clean utilities (Process Compressed Air, Water For Injection, Deionized Water, Pure Steam, …). The purification consists in buffer preparations in process vessels, fluid transfers between vessels or throught filters/chromatoraphic columns/nanofiltration skids/Ultrafiltration skids, cleaning in place of equipments and sterile filtration to a sterile mobile vessel.
The position is to:
- Create and improve engineering templates and documentation struture for Purification Plant Engineering
- Coach Engineers to be efficient in the integration of validation aspects inside their tasks and projects.
- Write/Review projects documentation redacted by engineers before the official validation review.
- be involved to define for new projects and new tasks the qualification strategy
be a main support to prepare documentation to support and to present Engineering Activities in case of Audit.
ACCOUNTABILITIES (Describe the primary duties and responsibilities of the job. Include only the essential functions of the job. Approximately 5 – 10 bulleted task statements should be identified).
- The incumbent is a validation expert supporting mechanical and automation engineering projects documentations
- Coordinate engineering documentation activities (ressources, schedule and accountability on the action plan)
- Supports the definition of Validation Strategy
Major actor in qualification of systems :
- Write and execute validation packages
- Be on the floor to support tests and qualification.
- Recommend efficient improvement to qualify equipments and systems.
Operational Quality support:
- Support site activities as a technical professional to facilitate investigations
- Assure strict compliance with cGMP, 21 CFRs, GAMP5, Corporate, Divisional and regulatory requirements
- Prepare synthetic presentation of validation strategy for “On Going” and Futur Projects and tasks
- Use problem-solving methodology
- Improvement of the department documentation structure.
- Creation/improvement of templates for Engineering activities (tenders, validation packages, ...)
- Periodic review of Engineering procedures and forms to ensure alignment with local/divisional procedures
- Coach engineers and review of documentations before Validation Agreement.
DIMENSIONS AND ASPECTS
Technical/Functional (Line) Expertise(Breadth and depth of knowledge, application and complexity of technical knowledge)
Able to understand technical installations, equipments and sytems used on the site. Able to be a technical leader inside project development, investigations and routine problematics. Comfortable with technical & quality documentation according to GxP.
Able to define the validation strategy of a new system or equipment.
Perfectly aware of current validation divisional procedure
Leadership(Vision, strategy and business alignment, people management, communication, influencing others, managing change)
Consistently exhibits Leadership Behaviors (Be Positive, Result-Driven, Accountable and excellent manager of himself and others) in the execution of activities, and encourages others to do the same.
Develop his or her leadership sensitivity in a multidisciplinary team. (Act as a technical leader).
Support validation strategy for AIMP, Business Continuity
Able to coordinate technical activities of up to 3 6 automation engineers.
Decision-making and Autonomy(The capacity and authority to make organizational decisions, autonomy in decision-making, complexity of decisions, impact of decisions, problem-soliving)
Able to be factual to report problematics and propose “ready to decide” solutions on complex issues and long term improvement plan
Interaction(The span and nature of one’s engagement with others when performing one’s job, internal and external relationships)
Collaborative and proactiv member inside a multi-disciplinary team. Able to interact with other departments with demonstrated communication skills.
Innovation(The required level of scientific knowledge, knowledge sharing, innovation and risk taking)
Leads benchmark and innovative ideas, propose innovation long term plan.
Complexity(Products managed, mix of businesses, internal and/or external business environment, cultural considerations)
Deploy Takeda EHS culture by applying security rules and giving regular positive and constructive feedback on initiatives that insure/improve the safety of the employees on the work floor.
He or She is aware of the complexity of products manufactured by TAKEDA Lessines, the complexity of aseptics aspects. He or She is also able to understand humans challenge complexity, to be able to respect any interlocutors by applying TAKEDA ethics code.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:(List the essential and desirable education and competency requirements to perform the primary responsibilities of the job. Any minimum requirements should be noted.)
Education / experience
- Master degree in Biologics, Validation, Mechanics, Automation, Electrics: (Or Bachelor degree+ Exp.)
- 5 years as a Validation Engineer with efficient technical skills.
Core Competencies / Skills / Leadership Behaviors
- Experience with Quality Systems and Processes in a GMP regulated and FDA licensed manufacturing site.
- Good communication, leadership and organizational skills
- Must be a team player prepared to lead, work in, embrace a team based culture.
- Has the ability to prioritize multiple tasks and work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Client oriented, rigorous, synthetic and analytic thinking
- Good written and verbal skills in French and English.
- Must be sensitive to Data Integrity aspects.
- Must be proficient with standard office software (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
Notice to Employment / Recruitment Agents:
Employment / Recruitment agents may only submit candidates for vacancies only if they have written authorization to do so from Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda’s Talent Acquisition department. Any agency candidate submission may only be submitted to positions opened to the agency through the specific Agency Portal. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda will only pay a fee for candidates submitted or presented where there is a fully executed contract in place between the Employment / Recruitment agents and Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda and only if the candidate is submitted via the Agency Portal. Candidates submitted or presented by Employment / Recruitment Agents without a fully executed contract or submitted through this site shall not be deemed to form part of any Engagement for which the Agency may claim remuneration.
Job ID SR0038773