Automation Engineer II - Purification
Every day, employees working in Takeda’s Global Manufacturing and Supply Chain, and Global Quality business unit are shaping the future of healthcare. They are breaking down barriers and ensuring our life-changing medicines are available, accessible, and affordable to patients. Life-changing for you. Life-changing for patients.
Global Manufacturing and Supply Chain, and Global Quality is the backbone of Takeda, and our employees are the guardians for our patients, our products, and our reputation. As a member of our team, we can offer you the opportunity to grow in a meaningful career, develop your skills, and come to work every day knowing that what you do makes a genuine difference.
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
Life at Takeda
A Global Top Employer
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only select companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2019.
At Takeda, your determination and energy, combined with our cutting-edge technology and global R&D, offers families and communities hope for Better Health and a Brighter Future.
Learn more about Manufacturing, Supply Chain, and Quality careers within our global biopharmaceutical company.
At Takeda, there is an unwavering commitment to putting patients first, and to creating a workplace that is underpinned by empowerment and focused on diversity, collaboration and steadfast values.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Here, you will feel welcomed, respected, and valued as a vital contributor our global team.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 13 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2018.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
Automation Engineer II - PurificationApply Now
The purification area is composed of 3 lines (Line1,2 & 4) and their clean utilities. The lines are automated with PLC & SCADA programmed & maintained by the team.
The automation system consists of IFIX supervision systems, Rockwell PLCs & panels, Oracle databases, drives, darwin, OSI PI AF/EF, ALERT...
Equipment includes tanks, filtration skids, chromatography columns, WFI loops, FMS system.
The installation, programmation, configuration and support of those equipment are managed by the automation team
The position is to:
- design, installation/modification, commissioning and qualification of automation systems according to EHS, GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices) and GEP (Good Engineering Practices) requirements;
- support day-to-day requests from maintenance and production including 24/7, active participation in daily operational meetings with actions follow-up;
- continuously improve process and equipment
- Assist Plant Engineer I
Leadership/People: No. Of direct report: 0 No. Of direct report: 0
Local (Belgium Lessines) – No travel requirements
ACCOUNTABILITIES (Describe the primary duties and responsibilities of the job. Include only the essential functions of the job. Approximately 5 – 10 bulleted task statements should be identified).
The core purpose of this function is delivering :
The incumbent must be able to manage automation modifications without assistance or be integrated in larger projects teams. In particular, the position implies :
- Basic Design and support for project spending forecast.
- Detailed Design of new or modified systems.
- Tenders writing, following of construction/coding, and start-up of equipment.
- Write and execute of validation packages
- Training of users impacted by changes and new equipment.
- Coordonate technically up to 3 automation engineers on a single project
- Manage that the technical documentation under his (or her) responsibility (Protocols / Drawings / technical data sheets…) is up to date and available for each employee of TAKEDA Lessines.
Major actor in Continuous improvement :
- Be on the floor to understand and analyze problematic.
- Recommend efficient improvement to minimize production down time and increase quality.
- Use problem-solving methodology.
Operational Quality support:
- Support site activities as a technical professional to facilitate process deviations.
- Assure strict compliance with cGMP, 21 CFRs, GAMP5, Data Integrity, Corporate, Divisional and regulatory requirements
Operational user support:
- Perform troubleshooting support of maintenance and production (24/7 call-out service as required)
- Active participation in daily operational meetings with actions follow-up
- Provide knowledge support to contractors for equipment issues.
DIMENSIONS AND ASPECTS
Technical/Functional (Line) Expertise(Breadth and depth of knowledge, application and complexity of technical knowledge)
Able to understand technical installations, equipments and sytems used on the site. Able to be a technical leader inside project development, investigations and routine problematics. Comfortable with technical & quality documentation according to GxP.
Leadership(Vision, strategy and business alignment, people management, communication, influencing others, managing change)
Consistently exhibits Leadership Behaviors (Be Positive, Result-Driven, Accountable and excellent manager of himself and others) in the execution of activities, and encourages others to do the same.
Develop his or her leadership sensitivity a multidisciplinary team. (Act as a technical leader).
Able to coordinate technical activities of up to 3 automation engineers.
Decision-making and Autonomy(The capacity and authority to make organizational decisions, autonomy in decision-making, complexity of decisions, impact of decisions, problem-solving)
Able to be factual to report problematics and propose “ready to decide” solutions on complex issues. Able to quick fix any operational issues during 24/7 service.
Interaction(The span and nature of one’s engagement with others when performing one’s job, internal and external relationships)
Collaborative and proactive member inside a multi-disciplinary team. Able to interact with other departments with demonstrated communication skills.
Innovation(The required level of scientific knowledge, knowledge sharing, innovation and risk taking)
Participate to benchmark and innovative ideas, proposes new design concepts.
Complexity(Products managed, mix of businesses, internal and/or external business environment, cultural considerations)
Deploy Takeda EHS culture by applying security rules and giving regular positive and constructive feedback on initiatives that insure/improve the safety of the employees on the work floor.
He or She is aware of the complexity of products manufactured by TAKEDA Lessines, the complexity of pharmaceutical sector. He or She is also able to understand humans challenge complexity, to be able to respect any interlocutors by applying TAKEDA ethics code.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:(List the essential and desirable education and competency requirements to perform the primary responsibilities of the job. Any minimum requirements should be noted.)
Education / experience:
- Master degree in Automation, Electrics: (Or Bachelor degree+ Exp.)
- Comfortable with the technology evolution for automation systems.
- Engineer with at least 5 years experience.
Core Competencies / Skills / Leadership Behaviors:
- Good communication skills and the ability to lead and perform effectively in multi-disciplinary teams
- Must have the ability to effectively participate to Engineering projects, coordinate suppliers, and drive results.
- Has the ability to prioritize multiple tasks and work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Develop his (or her) understandnis of business drivers and customer needs.
- GAMP5 Methodology
- Experience with Quality Systems and Processes in a GMP regulated and FDA+Eudralex licensed manufacturing site.
- Must have good experience in project management, preparing project budgets and timelines
- Must be comfortable with MS OFFICE Pack (Especially WORD, POWERPOINT, EXCEL).
- Must be sensitive to Data Integrity aspects.
Notice to Employment / Recruitment Agents:
Employment / Recruitment agents may only submit candidates for vacancies only if they have written authorization to do so from Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda’s Talent Acquisition department. Any agency candidate submission may only be submitted to positions opened to the agency through the specific Agency Portal. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda will only pay a fee for candidates submitted or presented where there is a fully executed contract in place between the Employment / Recruitment agents and Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda and only if the candidate is submitted via the Agency Portal. Candidates submitted or presented by Employment / Recruitment Agents without a fully executed contract or submitted through this site shall not be deemed to form part of any Engagement for which the Agency may claim remuneration.
Job ID SR0045842