Every day, employees working in Takeda’s Global Manufacturing and Supply Chain, and Global Quality business unit are shaping the future of healthcare. They are breaking down barriers and ensuring our life-changing medicines are available, accessible, and affordable to patients. Life-changing for you. Life-changing for patients.
Global Manufacturing and Supply Chain, and Global Quality is the backbone of Takeda, and our employees are the guardians for our patients, our products, and our reputation. As a member of our team, we can offer you the opportunity to grow in a meaningful career, develop your skills, and come to work every day knowing that what you do makes a genuine difference.
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
Life at Takeda
A Global Top Employer
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only select companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2020.
At Takeda, your determination and energy, combined with our cutting-edge technology and global R&D, offers families and communities hope for Better Health and a Brighter Future.
Learn more about Manufacturing, Supply Chain, and Quality careers within our global biopharmaceutical company.
At Takeda, there is an unwavering commitment to putting patients first, and to creating a workplace that is underpinned by empowerment and focused on diversity, collaboration and steadfast values.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Here, you will feel welcomed, respected, and valued as a vital contributor our global team.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 13 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2020.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
Agile LeadApply Now
- As a member of the Business Excellence team, lead the AGILE team comprised of AGILE OE Coaches and AGILE Champions.
- Responsible for the development of the site AGILE roadmap with the Business Excellence Lead in close collaboration with Quality Services and Improvement.
- Lead AGILE Waves at site.
- Represent Takeda Lessines and collaborate across the Takeda network to adopt and share best practices
- Be an expert in Change Management at site/function
A.Lead site AGILE program:
- Lead implementation of AGILE waves at site.
- Build AGILE capabilities within team and monitor progress of AGILE Champions towards certification.
- Provide technical coaching and support for the AGILE team.
- Select new AGILE Champions to fill new vacancies within the team.
- Support BE Lead in building strong engagement of SLT and all site colleagues with the AGILE program through site bootcamps/workshops/coaching initiatives.
- Actively participate in global AGILE program co-ordinated by the AGILE PMO.
- Collaborate with the Technical training and PMO teams to provide an aligned AGILE support to site
- Deliver the AGILE site roadmap through a series of waves, developing local capabilities at site through each deployment.
- Develop own capabilities in AGILE to provide appropriate guidance to local team.
- Develop Team to be active contributors in the Agile community, in Lessines and within the Takeda network.
- Share across the network best practices
C. Site AGILE roadmap:
- Maintain balanced site roadmap detailing AGILE activities which will be executed in the fiscal year.
- Ensure all AGILE workstreams are considered when creating roadmap and cross workstream synergies are highlighted.
- Ensure roadmap is aligned with GMS/GQ strategy and OpU/Regional strategy.
- Ensure all AGILE Champions and AGILE OE Coaches receive challenging assignments linked to their development within the AGILE wave deployments.
- Create appropriate AGILE capabilities at site to deliver the AGILE roadmap utilizing the support from AGILE workstream as necessary.
- Coach on AGILE concepts, mindsets and behaviors across the organization, including to Senior Leadership.
- Coach the AGILE coaches to develop technical and soft skills competencies, needed for their function.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Bachelors degree in a technical field/business required, Advanced degree is preferred
- At least four years of experience in a Quality, Supply Chain or Operations environment required, three years of experience in bio/pharmaceuticals, biotechnology or life sciences industry is desired
- Demonstrated passion for not accepting the status quo and self-driven to improve the business
- Courage of conviction and open to critical feedback
- A positive and resiliant leader
- Program management capabilities
- Exceptional coaching, teaching, presentation (oral and written), and facilitation skills
- Courage/experience to provide coaching/feedback to all levels of the organization including superiors
- Excellent listening skills and emotional intelligence
- Flexibile and learning agile, demonstrating ability to assimilate new knowledge and standards quickly
- Good level in FR and GB
Notice to Employment / Recruitment Agents:
Employment / Recruitment agents may only submit candidates for vacancies only if they have written authorization to do so from Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda’s Talent Acquisition department. Any agency candidate submission may only be submitted to positions opened to the agency through the specific Agency Portal. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda will only pay a fee for candidates submitted or presented where there is a fully executed contract in place between the Employment / Recruitment agents and Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda and only if the candidate is submitted via the Agency Portal. Candidates submitted or presented by Employment / Recruitment Agents without a fully executed contract or submitted through this site shall not be deemed to form part of any Engagement for which the Agency may claim remuneration.
Job ID SR0050797