Every day, employees working in Takeda’s Global Manufacturing and Supply Chain, and Global Quality business unit are shaping the future of healthcare. They are breaking down barriers and ensuring our life-changing medicines are available, accessible, and affordable to patients. Life-changing for you. Life-changing for patients.
Global Manufacturing and Supply Chain, and Global Quality is the backbone of Takeda, and our employees are the guardians for our patients, our products, and our reputation. As a member of our team, we can offer you the opportunity to grow in a meaningful career, develop your skills, and come to work every day knowing that what you do makes a genuine difference.
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
Life at Takeda
A Global Top Employer
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only select companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2020.
At Takeda, your determination and energy, combined with our cutting-edge technology and global R&D, offers families and communities hope for Better Health and a Brighter Future.
Learn more about Manufacturing, Supply Chain, and Quality careers within our global biopharmaceutical company.
At Takeda, there is an unwavering commitment to putting patients first, and to creating a workplace that is underpinned by empowerment and focused on diversity, collaboration and steadfast values.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Here, you will feel welcomed, respected, and valued as a vital contributor our global team.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 13 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2020.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
Agile CoachApply Now
- As a member of the Business Excellence site/functional team, build own expertise in AGILE.
- Deliver the AGILE program at site/function realising business improvements and engaging all employees.
- Build site capability in program AGILE through coaching AGILE Champions and other identified colleagues.
- Be a strong advocate of change at site/function.
A.Deploy AGILE program across sites / functions:
- Establish common understanding at site of AGILE program and 5 workstreams.
- Build coaching expertise working with global workstreams to ensure site deploys best known methods.
- Actively support the delivery of the AGILE roadmap and AGILE 4.0 Wave initiatives, developing skills through co-leading initiatives and eventually lead AGILE projects.
- Participate in AGILE bootcamps learning key skills necessary for workstream activities.
- Runs activities related to the AOS/AGILE Operating System (eg. supports 5S implementation, runs Standard Work workshops to eliminate bottlenecks or improve workforce utilization, supports problem solving activities, is an advocate/coach of the AOS implementation in the units etc.).
- Visit other sites occasionally to learn, share, and replicate good practices.
- Support and assist AGILE Champions across OpU/Region where required, in their AGILE journey.
- Actively share best practises through AGILE sharing tools and Community of Practice (CoP).
C. Site AGILE roadmap:
- Support creation of site roadmap detailing AGILE activities which will be executed in the fiscal year in collaboration with the site/functional Leadership Team.
- Ensure roadmap is present on SPOT reporting tool.
- Lead elements of the AGILE roadmap and AGILE 4.0 Wave initiatives under the guidance of the site BE lead.
- Align AGILE deployments with development needs of AGILE Champions to maximise Learning.
- Coach AGILE concepts and mindsets and behaviors across the organization, including Senior Leadership and AGILE Champions.
- Participate in site/functional workshops to improve coaching capabilities.
- Attend coaching workshops with workstream leads to improve competencies.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Master level in Scientific or Engineering discipline
- Lean or Six Sigma qualification desirable
- Demonstrated passion for not accepting the status quo and self-driven to improve the business
- Courage of conviction and open to critical feedback
- A natural leader, comfortable networking and connecting people.
- Agile learner with proven abilites to put theory into practice
- Project management capabilities
- Strong facilitation and organisation abilities
- Excellent listening capabilites
- Good level in FR and GB
Notice to Employment / Recruitment Agents:
Employment / Recruitment agents may only submit candidates for vacancies only if they have written authorization to do so from Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda’s Talent Acquisition department. Any agency candidate submission may only be submitted to positions opened to the agency through the specific Agency Portal. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda will only pay a fee for candidates submitted or presented where there is a fully executed contract in place between the Employment / Recruitment agents and Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda and only if the candidate is submitted via the Agency Portal. Candidates submitted or presented by Employment / Recruitment Agents without a fully executed contract or submitted through this site shall not be deemed to form part of any Engagement for which the Agency may claim remuneration.
Job ID SR0050800