What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the top traits we are looking for and see if you have the right mix.
Engage Others Motivates and influences others to gain support for ideas, strategies and actions in service to providing superior pharmaceutical products to patients; provides appropriate background so that messages are meaningful with audiences.
Collaboration Establishes productive relationships and partners with others across the organization to ensure common understanding of objectives and achieve shared goals.
Drive for Results Holds self and others accountable for delivering on commitments that align with our short- and long-term goals, never forgetting the end result is to help patients through innovation in medicine.
Strategic Approach Makes sound decisions that are consistent with our mission, values and organizational objectives.
Lead Change Proactively evaluates, promotes, and initiates change that creates value for patients, the organization, and our shareholders.
Self Awareness Seeks feedback from others, modifies self-perceptions and actions based on this feedback, and actively develops skills and behaviors to enhance contribution.
Develop Capabilities Seeks opportunities to develop oneself and others so that we can continue to achieve sustained growth.
Takeda builds strong, borderless and empowered teams through fairness and promoting shared goals. By working together, we optimize energy and can lead the change for a better world.
Takeda implements bold initiatives on a daily basis by striving for continuous improvement and encouraging enthusiasm and creativity. This value speaks to attracting the best minds in the industry that are committed to delivering novel therapies to patients worldwide.
Takeda respects and includes a broad range of people and ideas in its daily operations. Our organization encourages each individual to act with empathy and to apply their unique skills to realize the company’s true potential.
Takeda's drive comes from perseverance, urgency and a strong desire to contribute to patients. We put this passion to work in everything we do and demonstrate courage to fight for ideas and objectives to raise the quality of our solutions, create stronger ties with our stakeholders, and deliver results.
Takeda works to meet its responsibilities to stakeholders on a daily basis. We provide adequate support and challenge to ensure we deliver high-quality solutions that help more people around the world.
Takeda appropriately shares information and promotes honest, sincere dialogue with stakeholders to build trust. This trust enables us to strengthen our relationships with employees and external communities.
Medicine for the World
Inspired by Patients
Corporate Citizenship Activities
News and Events
Takeda is a patient-focused, innovation-driven global pharmaceutical company that builds on a distinguished 235-year history, aspiring to bring better health and a brighter future for people worldwide.
One Vision: We aspire to cure cancer.
At Takeda, you will make a positive impact on people’s lives every day–including your own. It’s important to us that our employees feel they are empowered to perform to the very best of their ability as every member of our team is working towards bringing better health and a brighter future to millions of people worldwide.
Takeda Pharmaceuticals is on the cutting edge of innovation, for more information on our latest breakthroughs and discoveries visit our newsroom today!
Takeda has maintained an unwavering dedication to put patients first for more than 235 years while we live our values of Takeda-ism—Integrity, Fairness, Honesty, and Perseverance. We are united by our mission to strive towards Better Health and a Brighter Future for people worldwide through leading innovation in medicine.
We focus our research and development on the core therapeutic areas of oncology, gastroenterology, neuroscience, and on providing vaccines that address the most important infectious diseases. Novel products, especially in oncology and gastroenterology, as well as our presence in emerging markets, fuel our growth.
A Sr. Oncology Sales Specialist represents Takeda to formulate and implement the strategies that will result in the achievement of short and long term product and company objectives.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Sales Specialist will analyze the market and initiate action to be recognized by customers, peers and managers as having expert knowledge of key accounts/customers and the oncology marketplace, to include promoted products NINLARO and ICLUSIG, as well as VELCADE™ and competitive products in both multiple myeloma and chronic myelogenous leukemia. The role requires discretion and independent judgment, with responsibilities including, but not limited to:
- Formulate and implement effective marketing strategies to achieve all assigned sales and company goals
- Development and implementation of territory business plans
- Adherence to budgetary and policy requirements within assigned territory
- Development of strategies to make excellent use of marketing materials and supportive resources
- Initiation of activities resulting in expanded business opportunities for assigned brands within the Takeda Oncology Business Unit
- Formulation of knowledgeable/professional presentation to customers, and adherence to Takeda Oncology compliance guidelines relative to promotion
- Excellent relationship building skills
- Other duties and projects as assigned
- Proven ability to develop effective oncology sales skills, and effective promotion of assigned brands to customers, and a results oriented approach
- Thorough knowledge of assigned disease states, and an understanding of the respective competitive landscape
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, accompanied by strong interpersonal, organizational, and analytical skills.
- Effective use of provided tools to assess and identify business opportunities
- Proven ability to create, innovate, build and expand business within the territory, and work both independently as well as in teams
- Ability to quickly assimilate complex information
- Ability to succeed in a complex environment
- Effective working knowledge of the oncology reimbursement landscape
- Thorough knowledge of account dynamics, and health care professionals across entire territory geography
- Candidates should reside within the Las Vegas area
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: (The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions) as determined through an interactive discussion with the employee and in consultation with HR and Legal.
- Ability to sit and stand for long periods of time.
- Carrying, handling and reaching for objects.
- Ability to lift and carry over 15 pounds.
- Manual dexterity to operate office equipment i.e. computers, phones, etc.
- Able to drive or fly to account sites within territory and spend overnights where/when needed.
- Geography to include Las Vegas Area/ Bakersfield, CA/ Visalia, CA
- Ability to attend various meetings held in proximity to the Takeda offices or other destinations TBD.
- Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.
Las Vegas, NV
Job ID R0002080
Explore the Area
Check out where you could be
working if you apply.