Takeda Oncology is undergoing an exciting transformation, expanding our portfolio of already groundbreaking drugs with the recent addition of new, innovative and potentially game-changing medicines. We now have strong momentum to achieve our ambition to be a top 10 global player in this area.
The Oncology Business Unit is a key growth driver of the EUCAN strategy and as we focus on becoming an agile specialty care provider, we need best-in-class capabilities and people with a patient-centric, customer experience mindset.
To set us up for success, we are establishing new roles that will drive collaboration, cross-functional alignment and flawless execution of brand launch plans. You will be empowered to take decisions on flagship products, make strategic recommendations to the Oncology Business Unit and positively influence patients and customers. As such you will play a key part in the growth and success of the new regional Oncology organization.
Takeda Oncology is committed to developing innovative therapies that improve patient outcomes, reduce disease burden and offer healthcare providers important new options that enable them to treat patients based on their individual needs. This is an exciting opportunity to make a direct impact on patients‘ lives and shape a truly patient-centric Oncology organisation within Takeda.
- Full Time
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the top traits we are looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Customer Centricity
- Strategic Thinking
You will be empowered to take decisions on flagship products, make strategic recommendations to the Oncology Business Unit and positively impact patients’ lives. This is an exciting opportunity to shape and influence the success of the new regional Oncology organization.- Dion Warren, Head of Oncology Business Unit, Europe & Canada
Better Health, Brighter Future at Takeda
For more than 230 years, we have been serving society with innovative medicines and helping patients reclaim valuable moments of life from illness.
Explore how our values & heritage make us stand out.
We value work-life balance
Work with industry leaders & subject matter experts
The ability to innovate, ask “what if” & try new solutions
Opportunities to work on diverse projects across various groups
Competitive salaries & bonus structure based on goals
Learning opportunities for career growth & development
A Sr. Oncology Sales Specialist represents Takeda to formulate and implement the strategies that will result in the achievement of short and long term product and company objectives.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Sales Specialist will analyze the market and initiate action to be recognized by customers, peers and managers as having expert knowledge of key accounts/customers and the oncology marketplace, to include promoted products NINLARO and ICLUSIG, as well as VELCADE™ and competitive products in both multiple myeloma and chronic myelogenous leukemia. The role requires discretion and independent judgment, with responsibilities including, but not limited to:
- Formulate and implement effective marketing strategies to achieve all assigned sales and company goals
- Development and implementation of territory business plans
- Adherence to budgetary and policy requirements within assigned territory
- Development of strategies to make excellent use of marketing materials and supportive resources
- Initiation of activities resulting in expanded business opportunities for assigned brands within the Takeda Oncology Business Unit
- Formulation of knowledgeable/professional presentation to customers, and adherence to Takeda Oncology compliance guidelines relative to promotion
- Excellent relationship building skills
- Other duties and projects as assigned
- Proven ability to develop effective oncology sales skills, and effective promotion of assigned brands to customers, and a results oriented approach
- Thorough knowledge of assigned disease states, and an understanding of the respective competitive landscape
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, accompanied by strong interpersonal, organizational, and analytical skills.
- Effective use of provided tools to assess and identify business opportunities
- Proven ability to create, innovate, build and expand business within the territory, and work both independently as well as in teams
- Ability to quickly assimilate complex information
- Ability to succeed in a complex environment
- Effective working knowledge of the oncology reimbursement landscape
- Thorough knowledge of account dynamics, and health care professionals across entire territory geography
- Candidates should reside within the Las Vegas area
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: (The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions) as determined through an interactive discussion with the employee and in consultation with HR and Legal.
- Ability to sit and stand for long periods of time.
- Carrying, handling and reaching for objects.
- Ability to lift and carry over 15 pounds.
- Manual dexterity to operate office equipment i.e. computers, phones, etc.
- Able to drive or fly to account sites within territory and spend overnights where/when needed.
- Geography to include Las Vegas Area/ Bakersfield, CA/ Visalia, CA
- Ability to attend various meetings held in proximity to the Takeda offices or other destinations TBD.
- Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.
Las Vegas, NV