Head of Master Data Services I / Head of Master Data Services IIApply Now Job ID 1600589 Date posted01/04/2017 LocationKonstanz, Baden-Württemberg, Germany; Deerfield, Illinois, United States;
Please note that the requirements specified in this posting are the basic qualifications required for the Head of Master Data Services I; however, job title will be dependent on the candidate’s level of experience in those requirements.
- Leads the analysis of complex business problems and elicits and documents business requirements. Understands the customer’s business and manages relationships with key customers.
- Sets scope and business priority-setting for change initiatives of large size and complexity, and leads system implementations.
- Influences stakeholders to prioritize requirements and to ensure the total solution delivered to the customer meets/exceeds expectations.
- Proactively identifies technology solutions to meet business objectives, taking into account the implications of change on the organization and all stakeholders.
- Using knowledge of business operations, identifies and investigates operational needs and problems, and opportunities, and leads the implementation of improvements within area of responsibility.
- Sole contributor or leader of a small team to deliver IT solutions that allow the business to reach its strategic objectives and are implemented in a cost efficient and high quality manner
- Has authority and responsibility for a significant area of work, including technical, financial and quality aspects. When appropriate, leads organizational objectives and delegates responsibilities. Is accountable for actions and decisions taken by self and subordinates.
- Directs business process design and requirements analysis on large/complex project. Ensures documentation according to Takeda QMS standards, policies and procedures.
- Leads requirements gathering, prioritization and negotiation with business management on a BU level.
- Is a subject matter expert in the business area of expertise, understands one or more BU organisations and related technical landscapes
- Responsible for delivery of large-scale changes and delivery of IT projects.
- Makes decisions which impact the work of employing organizations, achievement of organizational objectives and financial performance.
- Influences policy formation on the contribution of own specialism to business objectives. Influences a significant part of own organization. Develops influential relationships with internal and external customers/suppliers/partners at senior management level, including industry leaders.
- Recommends strategy, validating and justifying business needs, conducting feasibility studies, producing high-level and detailed business models, preparing business cases, overseeing development and implementation of solutions,
- Actively shares emerging industry standards/trends with customers and peers within area of responsibility
- Assures projects and project team members follow all company and departmental policies, procedures and standards
- Ensures delivered solutions are compliant with associated federal regulations (SOX, OFCCP, labor laws, GMP, GxP, GCP, etc)
- Proactively identifies and assists in prioritizing opportunities to streamline business and/or system processes.
- Manages the Data Governance Leads and the Data Operations in different regions (Americas, EMEAR, Asia) and the respective budget for the outsourced shared services
- Facilitates the definition of global master data governance structures, processes and guidelines by the Data Governance Leads
- Accountable for data maintenance and data approval according to defined service level agreements and in compliance with defined global MDM standards
- Ensures the enforcement of MDM standards, nomenclature, processes & procedures
- Accountable for data quality measurement according to predefined KPI and supports the MDQ analysis and the initiation and management of improvement measures
- Ensures appropriate training and guidance of Regional Data Operations (Data Operators and Data Stewards)
- Measures and improves service level of the shared service center
- Ensures high quality user support
- Ensures the timely update of documentations (e.g. of maintenance processes and MDM related standards)
- Resolves issues / escalates issues appropriately to Global Head of MDM
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Bachelors Degree or high school degree and 12 years of work experience in any business related field.
- 8 + years of relevant experience
- At least 3 years leadership experience
- Extensive experience supporting functional processes and technical design.
- Extensive experience implementing applications.
- Excellent user knowledge of relevant systems solutions.
- Extensive knowledge about master data management, especially master data maintenance
- Good knowledge about master data quality management
- Excellent oral and written communications skills, business acumen with problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong awareness for quality and results
- Assertive and persistent
- Ability to write and speak the English language
- Pharmaceutical industry and/or drug development business experience
- Experience in heading a shared service center is preferred
- SAP MDG, SAP IS knowledge is a plus
- Access to transportation to attend meetings
- Ability to fly to meetings regionally and globally
we are driven to improve people's lives