Recruitment Fraud Alert
Takeda has received reports that there are instances of identity thieves posing as Takeda employees in an attempt to steal personal information from job seekers. In these cases, identity thieves visit job-related websites and invite candidates to online chats. During the chat, they press job seekers to provide bank account information and personal identification numbers. If you receive unexpected offers of employment from people claiming to work for Takeda, we suggest you do not correspond with them, do not click any hyperlinks and do not open any attachments.
At Takeda, we will never ask for personal financial information during any step of the interview nor do we charge job seekers fees as part of the recruitment process. Takeda’s recruiting correspondence will be sent by a recruiting representative with an @takeda.com email address – not @gmail.com, @yahoo.com, @hotmail.com or any other email domain service.
If you believe you have been contacted by an unauthorized person, please contact your local law enforcement agency immediately.
TBS Procurement Solutions Japan Lead
OBJECTIVES/PURPOSE (3-4 bullets)
Takeda Business Solutions (TBS) is a newly formed function within Takeda with the objective of enabling Takeda’s business strategy, delivering simplification and cost reduction, improving service and providing a transformation engine for continuous improvement for Takeda. ‘Building and Delivering Simplified and Innovative Solutions’ is our overarching vision with Patients at the center of all that we do.
The role of region Lead supports the process local team leadership and development, executing sourcing, onboarding and offboarding of contracted suppliers to enable seamless transactional operations in requisitioning, ordering and invoicing. The role is focused on all activities required to execute sourcing, with the appropriate tools, be single poing of contact for the subregion, organize the transformation plan of all procurement tools and systems, onboard suppliers from the moment contracts are signed to the point where Takeda business users can start to order goods and services.
This includes facilitation of vendor data management (i.e., creation of new vendors), connecting on buying platforms, applications, catalogues and defining operational ways of working to engage with business users. When supplier contracts are terminated, this role ensures appropriate securing of information, disable access to Takeda platforms, applications or catalogues and de-activation of suppliers in transactional buying systems. The role relies on support from Process & Systems and Support Solutions for technical / system-related matters.
Key objectives include:
- Engage with sourcing enablement and supplier enablement teams, developing strategy and roadmap for standardization over Ways of Working model, Catalogue and Contract management to plan supplier enablement activities
- Ensure approprirate supplier due diligence checks are performed at the supplier enablement stage as part of pre-qualification process
- SPOC for (new) suppliers in the operational and technical onboarding process
- Oversee and manage progress of supplier onboarding /off-boarding process – within agreed timelines
- Coordinate tasks with other TBS procurement solutions teams to ensure efficiency and quality of service
- Ensure security and confidentiality for Takeda when supplier relations and contracts are terminated
- Address / raise issues related to non-compliance to procurement and supplier management guidelines
ACCOUNTABILITIES (Describe the primary duties and responsibilities of the job. Include only the essential functions of the job. Approximately 5 – 10 bulleted task statements should be identified).
- Act as the chief point of contact for the operational team in the region, and assist the overseas manager with leading and developing the Japan team.
- Ensure execution of sourcing and enable vendors on demand according to standard model
- Monitor, understand and support the transformation of the processes and systems for Procure to Pay + Masterdata Management
- Ensure governance and roadmap development for region
- Ensure appropriate supplier due diligence checks are performed and verified in order to minimize risk in the set up of new vendors to Takeda
- Coordinate onboarding tasks performed via/by other TBS PS teams – maintain overview and control
- Support required communications to suppliers, TBS R2O and Category teams when suppliers are engaged
- Obtain required information / assets from suppliers in offboarding. / deactivation
- Disable supplier – business user system access to transact
- Track, monitor and report KPIs related to supplier enablement process
CORE ELEMENTS RELATED TO THIS ROLE (Describe what is critical and/or what differentiates this role).
- Mastery of transactional purchasing system solutions (Ariba, Coupa, S4/Hana, etc.) and vendor enablement tools
- Robust understanding of vendor enablement concept; end-to-end process alignment and solution deployment
- Creative thinking in problem solving and issue resolution
- Good communication and strong presentation / consulting skills
- Ability to see the holistic picture as well as deep-dive into details
- Fluent in English, written and spoken
DIMENSIONS AND ASPECTS
Technical/Functional (Line) Expertise(Breadth and depth of knowledge, application and complexity of technical knowledge)
- Strong focus on metrics, trends and data and an ability to use it to effectively manage the end to end vendor onboarding process
- Significant experience in use of sourcing and/or ERP systems and in-depth knowledge of the underlying processes
- Understand and enforce processes and polices related to supplier enablement
Leadership(Vision, strategy and business alignment, people manaTBS Procurement, communication, influencing others, managing change)
- Proven ability to be self-directed when required but always at the best interests of the wider team
- Ability to form strong working relationships with key stakeholders both internally and externally
- Excellent communication, listening and influencing skills; ability to listen, understand customer needs
- Strong stakeholder and relationship management skills
Decision-making and Autonomy(The capacity and authority to make organizational decisions, autonomy in decision-making, complexity of decisions, impact of decisions, problem-soliving)
- Technically strong with proven ability to make sound decisions and influence stakeholders
- Solutions oriented, with the ability to analyse ambiguous problems and develop innovative and timely solutions
- Broad business acumen with ability to understand the business implications of decisions both for the team and customers
- Makes timely decisions and translates into action
- Knows when to escalate issues or seek guidance of line manager to ensure best outcome
Interaction (The span and nature of one’s engagement with others when performing one’s job, internal and external relationships)
- Establishes credibility and earns respect team and other stakeholders within.
- Able to facilitate alignment through effective influencing and stakeholder management
- Engage with GREFP to understand current and anticipate future requirements
- Represents TBS and Takeda to the vendor community with professionalism
Innovation(The required level of scientific knowledge, knowledge sharing, innovation and risk taking)
- Challenges the status quo to continually evolve and improve the service offered
- Drive innovation and continuous improvement activities while ensuring business continuity and minimal business disruptions
- Ensures sharing knowledge and best practices within the team
- Applies digital environment knowledge to create better solutions and insights
Complexity(Products managed, mix of businesses, internal and/or external business environment, cultural considerations)
- Operating in a complex, R&D centric heavily regulated environment
- Working within international / global remit and within and across other cultures
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:(List the essential and desirable education and competency requirements to perform the primary responsibilities of the job. Any minimum requirements should be noted.)
- Transformation and change management skills – Translate models to local deployment
- Knowledge of SAP Ariba Buyer and SAP Ariba SCC modules
- Comprehensive understanding of all TBS PS roles and interdependencies
- Partial knowledge on local requirement and legislations for processes and systems limitations
- Solid knowledge of Takeda Buying Channels and system requirements from a supplier perspective
- Project & time management skills
- Strong communication skills towards suppliers and stakeholders
- Fluent in English and business level fluency in the region’s primary operating language
- Bachelor degree and 10+ years relevant preferably in GDS or Procurement Operations related activities
- Preferably MBA or similar
- Preferably proven team leadership experience
- Knowledgeable in systems and processes for efficient management of vendor creation and deactivation processes
- Experience or knowledge of offshore or shared service operating environments
- TBS problem-solving and entrepreneurial mind-set - driven to create and innovate
- Some limited travel may be required