Associate Director, OE deployment Leader
Every day, employees working in Takeda’s Global Manufacturing and Supply Chain, and Global Quality business unit are shaping the future of healthcare. They are breaking down barriers and ensuring our life-changing medicines are available, accessible, and affordable to patients. Life-changing for you. Life-changing for patients.
Global Manufacturing and Supply Chain, and Global Quality is the backbone of Takeda, and our employees are the guardians for our patients, our products, and our reputation. As a member of our team, we can offer you the opportunity to grow in a meaningful career, develop your skills, and come to work every day knowing that what you do makes a genuine difference.
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
Life at Takeda
A Global Top Employer
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only select companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2020.
At Takeda, your determination and energy, combined with our cutting-edge technology and global R&D, offers families and communities hope for Better Health and a Brighter Future.
Learn more about Manufacturing, Supply Chain, and Quality careers within our global biopharmaceutical company.
At Takeda, there is an unwavering commitment to putting patients first, and to creating a workplace that is underpinned by empowerment and focused on diversity, collaboration and steadfast values.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Here, you will feel welcomed, respected, and valued as a vital contributor our global team.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 13 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2020.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
Associate Director, OE deployment LeaderApply Now
Please note that this job requires native level Japanese language command not only in speaking, but also in business writing and reading.
Takeda is unwavering in our commitment to patients. With the patient at the center of everything we do, we continue to innovate and drive changes that will better their lives - we’re looking for like-minded professionals to join us.
Takeda is the number one pharmaceutical company in Japan and a global industry leader –we are united by our four priorities (Patients, Trust, Reputation, and Business) and our shared values of Takeda-ism: Integrity, Fairness, Honesty, and Perseverance. Takeda-ism is more than just a word. It’s a belief and a mindset which guides our decisions, behaviors, and interactions. It’s how we strive to work and live, every day.
OE deployment Leader is a lean or Six Sigma experienced practitioner responsible for development of lean and/or Six Sigma capability across the Takeda network as part of the Agile programme. The incumbent also supports business improvement through coaching of leaders and practitioners and through workshop deployment. Through strong business knowledge, they support the development and delivery of site Agile master plans developing local capabilities in the Agile Champion team in the process.
Scope includes development of OE and Agile master plans, development of OE capabilities and management of OE interventions associated with the OE strategy to support the GMS Value Proposition.
- Provide guidance and support to site teams to Coach leaders on all aspects of Agile Operating system 5%
- Aid plants in identification of highest value areas for improvement and support delivery of improvement of plant performance with site teams 15%
- Work with the Six Sigma Leader/Lean Leader to deliver OE strategy to support business goals with the Operating units and regions as part of Agile programme 10%
- Ensure accurate and timely KPI reporting for GMS in particular the Agile related metrics 5%
- Support Agile champions in working across Agile work streams through coaching and connecting SMEs across the network. 10%
- Liaise and collaborate with other regional team members to ensure alignment of the global program best practices. Actively support the best practice sharing across GMS 10%
- Support Takeda Transformation and product End to End projects to identify improvement opportunities including projects at each individual site. Work with sites to identify waste and robustness issues within their value stream. Develop roadmap on how to achieve goals for the site value stream. 5%
- Execute high impact Lean/Six Sigma projects as requested and as a Rapid response investigation leader as necessary. 5%
- Deliver Lean/Six Sigma training periodically for regional employees to develop required capabilities, this includes but is not limited to Agile bootcamps. 15%
- Impart Lean/Six Sigma coaching to employees to deliver improvement results using the Agile Operating system. 15%
- Participate in local Agile fora to support the GMS network.5%
DIMENSIONS AND ASPECTS
Technical/Functional (Line) Expertise
- Fluent in English and Japanese
- Multiple Language skills desirable but not essential
- Execute strategies with minimum guidance.
- Influence people at all levels in the business
- Communicate effectively at all levels of the organization.
- Flexibility and ability to assimilate new knowledge and standards quickly
Leadership(Vision, strategy and business alignment, people management, communication, influencing others, managing change)
Takeda expects all employees to embody the following:
- Values – Integrity, Honesty, Fairness, Perseverance
- Priorities – Patient Trust, Reputation, Business
- Demonstrated ability to lead, coach and develop site or center OE team.
Decision-making and Autonomy
- Adapt to work priorities in response to complex or rapidly changing environment. Has the context of global, regional & site OE needs
- Operate in a multicultural environment
- Support cross-functional teams and collaborate effectively with key stakeholders in GMS.
- Coordinate with the Six Sigma Leader/Lean Deployment Leader and OE global team to deliver the expectations of the GMS OE strategy. They will also partner with site Business Excellence Leads, and Learning partners.
- The incumbent may be in contact with Takeda customers, CMOs, vendors and consultants and external benchmarking bodies. External industry contacts as it relates to staying current on OE methodologies and tools.
- Deliver results to project timelines with limited resources, operating in a complex matrix environment, ensuring all stakeholders have the required information to support the OE Strategy
- Excellent working knowledge and SME on Lean Operating systems and their application in a GxP environment
- The incumbent will be involved in complex problem resolution and will work with minimal direction. Appropriate structured problem solving techniques will be used to resolve business problems with focus on compliance and business risk in all solutions.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- BS degree in a technical discipline.
- Minimum 10 years experience in the bio-pharmaceutical manufacturing environment.
- Minimum 5 years experience in a manufacturing and / or quality/technical services role.
- Demonstrated teaching and coaching skills.
- Experience in a Leadership role
- Proven negotiation and influencing skills.
- Excellent problem-solving abilities
- Minimum certified Six Sigma Black Belt preferred
- Lean Master/ Six Sigma Master Black belt certified
Allowances: Commutation, Housing, Overtime Work etc.
Salary Increase: Annually
Bonus Payment: Twice a year
Working Hours: Headquarters (Osaka/ Tokyo) 9:00-17:30, Production Sites (Osaka/ Yamaguchi) 8:00-16:45, Research Site (Kanagawa) 9:00-17:45
Holidays: Saturdays, Sundays, National Holidays, May Day, Year-End Holidays etc. (approx. 123 days in a year)
Paid Leaves: Annual Paid Leave, Special Paid Leave, Refresh Leave, Maternity Leave, Childcare Leave, Family Nursing Leave, Philanthropy Leave.
Flexible Work Styles: Flextime, Telework
Click here to find outTakeda’s Diversity & Inclusion
Empowering Our People to Shine
Osaka (Juso), Japan
Job ID R0021400