Recruitment Fraud Alert
Takeda has received reports that there are instances of identity thieves posing as Takeda employees in an attempt to steal personal information from job seekers. In these cases, identity thieves visit job-related websites and invite candidates to online chats. During the chat, they press job seekers to provide bank account information and personal identification numbers. If you receive unexpected offers of employment from people claiming to work for Takeda, we suggest you do not correspond with them, do not click any hyperlinks and do not open any attachments.
At Takeda, we will never ask for personal financial information during any step of the interview nor do we charge job seekers fees as part of the recruitment process. Takeda’s recruiting correspondence will be sent by a recruiting representative with an @takeda.com email address – not @gmail.com, @yahoo.com, @hotmail.com or any other email domain service.
If you believe you have been contacted by an unauthorized person, please contact your local law enforcement agency immediately.
Medical Operations Associate
Business Area Overview
The Europe & Canada (EUCAN) Business unit supports Takeda's mission at a regional level and as the leader in rare diseases and specialty care, we champion better health and a brighter future for patients, healthcare providers and our people.
Across the EUCAN BU, patients come first in every decision we make. We develop strategic partnerships which deliver value for society and create a culture within which our people can thrive and reach their full potential.
Our mission is to empower and enable our people to fulfill their potential by embracing diversity and creating a high-performance, collaborative working environment. In the EUCAN region integrity is one of our key values. We put patients, trust and reputation before business and this is one of the main reasons why our people choose to work here.
What makes a successful team member within EUCAN at Takeda?
I know that I need to work in a place where I can grow and be challenged, and what motivates me the most is to make a difference. I think what we offer here at Takeda truly helps patients. And it’s important to bring others along on that journey.Rebecca Yu VP of Patient Value & Access
Believe in your own ability to do the things you want to do. If you do that, things will happen.Heena Howitt Country Medical Lead Genetic Diseases
The faster we help someone get a true diagnosis of their underlying condition, the faster we can offer a treatment that can help them get back to living their life and improve their future outlookChristian Downton Business Unit Director Rare Metabolic Diseases
Working at Takeda
Here, you will feel welcomed, respected, and valued as a vital contributor our global team.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 16 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2021.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
Medical Operations Associate
• Support and enhance operational processes within the Medical Department in order to ensure efficient and compliant execution.
Maintain overview of all active IIR and CCR studies with milestones and budgets
• Ensure in collaboration with Medical Adviser that all status, milestone and financial information for active IIRs and CCRs is tabulated and up to date
Ensure initiation, approval and completion of SMILE-Activity-Management (SAM) process
• Open SAM folder for each activity involving HCPs and ensure in consultation with the organizer all necessary information and documents are available before approval.
• Ensure timely approval and completion of the SAM process before resp. after the activity took place, in consultation with the Management Assistant and the organizer
• Assist in the yearly preparation of the upload file of the Transfer of Value to HCPs list
Assist the Management Assistants with the Third Party certification process for vendors and receivers of Grants and Donations
• Coordinate input of necessary information for Third Party certification to Management As-stent
Prepare concept service agreements with HCPs and ensure timely signing
• Draft concept service agreements based on applicable templates in consultation with the signatories
• Track the signing process and ensure timely signing before the service being provided
Coordinate timely update of local SOPs
• Maintain an overview of all current local SOPs and its review dates
• Keep authors of local SOPs informed about due dates and update requirements
• Ensure all valid local SOPs are published on the NL-SOP website and archive all retired local SOPs
Ensure Medical Department is adequately trained on SOPs/policies
• Review trainings matrix at regular intervals and update current positions and SOPs/policies to be trained
• Coordinate roll-out of (re)training of (updated) SOPs/policies according to matrix with CLIX and LEADs administrators
• Assist Medical Director and Medical Leads in preparing and executing onboarding programs for new hires
Prepare monthly dashboard of KPI’s for key processes within Medical Department
• Collect appropriate information from different IT systems to present to Medical Director and sub-departmental Leads for review
• Propose and follow-up on process improvements identified (ongoing or based on KPI’s)
SKILLS and COMPETENCIES
Critical Skills and Competencies
• Personal Management: Focus on accountability and ownership – constantly challenging one-self to take responsibility for continuous performance improvement and operational excellence
• Knowledge: Up-to-date knowledge of all key processes in Medical Affairs. Profound under-standing of compliance and regulations/SOPs
• Communication and negotiation: Professional communication skills to build and shape internal and external relationships during interactions impactful.
• Collaboration and Partnership: Establishes productive relationships and partners with others across the organization to ensure common understanding of objectives and achieve shared goals. Engages in partnerships through a structured and collaborative approach.
• Strategy and Planning: Ability to establishe a holistic understanding of the big picture including the customers' needs, to recognize trends and to plan and implement programs benefiting the patient and fostering business opportunities
• Entrepreneurship: Pro-actively identifies/creates opportunities in order to add value for patients, health care professionals and the internal organization. Takes calculates risks to achieve goals.
• Agile way of working: Able to find the most appropriate and effective way to carry out a particular task to optimize performance: with maximum flexibility and minimum constraints. Dis-play an attitude and behavior of curiosity and empowered pro-activity to find solutions and take decisions. Active participation in fit for purpose teams throughout the organizational matrix.
• Organizational sensitivity: Savvy in understanding and sensing the formal and informal corporate culture. Creates genuine win-win solutions.
• Social responsibility: Acts in the interest of the patient, his/her environment and society. Has a strong ethical compass. Ability to navigate in complex situations balancing SOPs, regulations, our values and business interests.
Experience and Education
• Bachelor degree in administration or equivalent by experience
• 3-5 years working experience in a complex process driven environment
• A good understanding of medical affairs activities
• Experience of working in a cross functional environment
• Fluency in English
• Excellent PC-skills: MS-Office, VEEVA (PromoMats, MARV, SMILE), SAP-ARIBA, LEADs
Time TypeFull time
View all Europe & Canada jobsSearch
We take action by focusing on our four priorities
- Create an exceptional people experience
- Responsibly translate science into highly innovative, life-changing medicines and vaccines
- Protect our planet
- Unleash the power of data and digital
About our location
Hoofddorp, North HollandExpand Map