Senior Business Operations Manager (Pharma)
High Wycombe, United Kingdom, London, United Kingdom, Paddington, United Kingdom
Takeda fosters a collaborative and stimulating work environment filled with opportunity and the chance to make a difference in people's lives. It is a workplace driven by integrity, one of Takeda’s long-held values that extends to both the patients we serve and our employees who develop and deliver medicines. Across our company, Takeda employees bring together diverse strengths that together create a stronger whole.
What makes a successful Takeda UK & Ireland Commercial employee?
Check out the traits we are looking for and see if you have the right mix.
Life at Takeda
Our Corporate Philosophy’s core components include our Mission, Vision, Values and Strategic Roadmap.
To keep delivering new value to patients, we provide growth opportunities for every employee according to their abilities and passions, and together are building a stronger organization.
Empowering Our People to Shine
Find out more about Life at Takeda
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Since 1781, the values of Takeda-ism (Integrity, Fairness, Honesty, and Perseverance) have guided everything we do—from decision-making to interacting with patients.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
Aligning our actions and decisions with our priorities (Patient, Trust, Reputation, and Business) and core values is the foundation of our workplace culture.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
Senior Business Operations Manager (Pharma)Apply Now
Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda – winners of the prestigious PMEA Company of the Year Award.
Join us as a Senior Business Operations Manager in our UK offices in London Paddington. This is a newly created role reporting to the Chief of Staff (COS).
You will partner with the Chief of Staff and work closely with the UK General Manager and Business Unit/functional Directors to establish key business insights and accountability mechanisms, ensuring that business operations are delivering to plan by orchestrating the project portfolio against the business road map. In addition, the role is responsible for leading and coordinating key projects across the UK & Ireland.
- Play a key part in the recent Takeda/ Shire integration (January 2019) with a focus on project managing the harmonisation and implementation of Global, Regional and Local processes at a local operating company (LOC) level
- Support the Chief of Staff in reviewing and assessing the ongoing business performance and submit objective views engaging in long term strategic decisions
- Lead the strategic and operational risk assessment process for the organisation, propose expert opinion to mitigate risks and enhance corporate governance; guide the development and implementation of the Risk As-assessment Plan, related self-monitoring plans, legal risk assessment and any other relevant re-mediation plans
- Track all key actions resulting from Senior Leadership Team meetings and working with BU & Functional Directors to remove any obstacles ensuring timely completion
- Lead and support initiatives and special projects on behalf of the UK & Ireland management team, including facilitation, troubleshooting stakeholder management and decision making
- Tracking of KPI’s at a LOC and BU level ensuring appropriate corrective actions are taken
- Assist the COS in day to day responsibilities, ensuring coordination of cross-organizational activity, for example preparing scripts/speeches, ensuring consistency and alignment of internal documents / presentations and representing the Chief of Staff at meetings and across the organisation where appropriate.
This is a high profile leadership role requiring strong influencing and stakeholder management experience gained within a cross functional environment within the Pharmaceutical or Healthcare sector. You will have already operated at a Senior Management level and held previous responsibility for implementing and managing a wide range of diverse and complex projects and portfolios with proven ability to determine priorities and deliver on time and within budget.
- Degree educated - Marketing, Business, Finance qualifications are preferred
- Proven knowledge, accountability, and comprehension skills to formulate strategic planning and prioritization of projects, programs and activities
- Superior cross functional collaborative leadership skills with ability to influence various business partnerships, regions and cultures.
- High commercial acumen and understanding of enterprise management
- Ability to develop strategic analysis that prepares decision making on a large scale (e.g. investment options, business models, large-scale projects)
- Strong interpersonal skills, building successful relationships with key stakeholders internally and externally to drive results.
- Ability to operate in an ambiguous environment, with minimal supervision, strong personal drive and self-motivation.
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realise their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world. Discover more at takedajobs.com.
What Takeda Can Offer You
To further support and inspire our employees, our benefits include: Competitive basic salary, Car Allowance, up to 20% Target Bonus, Contributory Pension Scheme, Private Health Cover and Life Assurance.
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com
High Wycombe, Great Britain
GBR - London
Job ID R0012660