Marketing Assistant, IBD (Industrial Placement/Undergraduate)
High Wycombe, United Kingdom
Takeda fosters a collaborative and stimulating work environment filled with opportunity and the chance to make a difference in people's lives. It is a workplace driven by integrity, one of Takeda’s long-held values that extends to both the patients we serve and our employees who develop and deliver medicines. Across our company, Takeda employees bring together diverse strengths that together create a stronger whole.
What makes a successful Takeda UK & Ireland Commercial employee?
Check out the traits we are looking for and see if you have the right mix.
Life at Takeda
Our Corporate Philosophy’s core components include our Mission, Vision, Values and Strategic Roadmap.
To keep delivering new value to patients, we provide growth opportunities for every employee according to their abilities and passions, and together are building a stronger organization.
Empowering Our People to Shine
Find out more about Life at Takeda
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Since 1781, the values of Takeda-ism (Integrity, Fairness, Honesty, and Perseverance) have guided everything we do—from decision-making to interacting with patients.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
Aligning our actions and decisions with our priorities (Patient, Trust, Reputation, and Business) and core values is the foundation of our workplace culture.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
Marketing Assistant, IBD (Industrial Placement/Undergraduate)Apply Now
Takeda UK are delighted to once again be offering Marketing Assistant opportunities for current Undergraduates (1 year Student Placements) across our UK Business within the IBD (Inflammatory Bowel Disease), Diabetes and Oncology Business Units. Award winners or the prestigious PMEA Company of the Year 2018 in recognition of our outstanding customer-centric achievement across our entire product range, you will be joining a Company that will inspire you and support you on your learning journey.
As an Undergraduate placement student, you will receive full training on all aspects of this busy and varied role and will enjoy the challenges of working in a fast paced ethical pharmaceutical environment. You will be welcomed as an integral member of the brand team and work with exceptional talented individuals.
To support the brand team in the tactical implementation of the brand plans and to take a lead operational role on the key projects relating to the specific brand, under direction of the Marketing Manager.
Your Key Accountabilities:
- Brand Team Support: a wide variety of responsibilities including managing the internal approval process via the medical approval database system; maintaining and updating the Business Unit intranet sites and CRM system, and assisting with the logistics and approval process for sales force materials. Meetings and Events will be a key part of your support as you assist in the logistics for internal and external meetings, including medical conferences.
- Business Unit Support: working as part of a team, you will have shared responsibility for supporting the therapy area Business Unit. This will include handling incoming calls to Takeda UK, raising purchase orders for the department on the finance system, and helping with the ordering and distribution of promotional items.
We are seeking applicants currently studying a Life Sciences or Marketing Degree with a keen interest in the pharmaceutical industry.
Key skills and attributes:
- Enthusiastic, committed and conscientious
- Good interpersonal skills, with effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Approachable and a strong team player
- Proactive, with a willingness to learn and take direction
- Well organised with good attention to detail
- Confident with the ability to present to others
- Desire to put people first and the values of Takeda-ism.
- Computer literate in Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
Takeda is a global pharmaceutical leader working together across more than 80 countries. We have an unwavering dedication to put people first and we live our values of Takeda-ism: Integrity, Fairness, Honesty, and Perseverance. We are united by our more than 230-year legacy of research-based pharmaceuticals and our mission to strive toward Better Health and a Brighter Future for people worldwide through leading innovation in medicine.
Our Europe and Canada region is diverse, dynamic and at the forefront of supporting our mission of delivering better health for patients through leading innovations including gastroenterology, oncology, rare diseases and vaccines.
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. At Takeda, you will make an impact on people’s lives – including your own.
Please apply with CV and Cover Letter stating your reasons for applying, your interest in the Pharmaceutical industry and also any personal preference* you may have for a particular Business Unit (Oncology, Diabetes or IBD).
Closing Date: 22nd March 2019.
Successful applicants will be invited to attend an Assessment Centre in April to be held at our Head Offices in Wooburn Green, Nr High Wycombe, Bucks and positions will start 1st July 2019.
*NB.Candidate preference will be accomodated if possible, however suitability for the Business Unit will be determined following the Assessment process.
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com
High Wycombe, Great Britain
Paid Intern (Fixed Term) (Trainee)
Job ID R0007225