Product Engineer, Global ITApply NowEmail Me Job ID R0017909 Date posted 03/18/2020 Location: Fujisawa, Japan
*This position must be located Shonan iPark in Japan and need Japanese fluency.
Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us as a Product Engineer in our Shonan iPark office.
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission.
For the Takeda global scientific community who aspire to deliver transformative medicines to patients Scientific Informatics is the technology leader, with domain specific expertise, that provides innovative platforms and technologies to improve both operational efficiency and data-driven decision making. As an embedded partner Scientific Informatics is at the leading edge of both science and technology and proactively reacts to the changing scientific environment and needs of researchers in an agile fashion to deliver timely, value-adding solutions.
As a Product Engineer in the Scientific Informatics team, you will be designing and implementing state of the art technologies to serve our diverse research and development pipeline. You will work directly with product owners to imagine and build world class solutions for our scientists. Your expertise in product-driven agile development, micro-service architectures, and modern system integrations will provide opportunities for creativity and leadership within our team.
- Provide engineering leadership in designing and building new Takeda products
- Work directly with product owners to design and prioritize system enhancements
- Design and implement a continuous development pipeline for our engineering team
- Manage and evangelize our technology platforms within Scientific Informatics
- Collaborate with our global team to define the future of Takeda’s technical tools and platforms
- Manage external engineering teams to deliver new products and modernize existing product architectures
- You will work independently to define architecture and execute development sprints with guidance from Scientific Informatics leadership.
- The successful Product Engineer will apply creativity and rigor as an independent contributor while also assisting internal and/or external junior members in a collaborative environment.
- A Product Engineer in the Scientific Informatics group will strive to continuously improve our technology solutions by developing a deep understanding of our application landscape and business strategies.
- As part of the engineering team you will identify and evaluate new technology trends to enable our globally distributed organization to
- Builds strong relationships with both R&D and other IT functions and employs effective negotiation skills to reach agreement with internal or external parties and act as a point of escalation for complex non-routine problems
EDUCATION, BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s or equivalent in Computer Science, Cheminformatics, Bioinformatics or a related quantitative field
- Advanced Python and Java programming experience
- Four or more years of experience with SQL development for Oracle
- Deep understanding of the commercial scientific applications used for drug discovery and analytics, such as solutions from Biovia, Certara, Dotmatics, Scilligence, ChemAxon, Perkin Elmer, Genedata, Schrodinger, OpenEye, Sinequa, and ACD Labs
- Experience with micro-service architectures and cloud deployments
- Active participation in the scientific and technology community with up to date knowledge of modern engineering technologies
- Evidence of Up-to-date expertise in the scientific informatics field
- Strong interpersonal and excellent oral and written communications skills in Japanese and English, business acumen with problem solving and analytical skills
- Master or higher Degree in Computer Science, Cheminformatics, Bioinformatics or a related quantitative field
- Experience with low-code development solutions such as OutSystems & Pipeline Pilot
- Experience of working with research chemists or biologists in an academic or industrial setting for learning pipeline development
- Two or more years of experience with Jira and Agile development
- Real-world experience with automated deployments (Bamboo, Jenkins, Puppet, Chef, etc) and configuration management technologies.
- Deep understanding of pharmaceutical R&D scientific processes.
- Proven experience with cloud-based computing environments and microservice-based implementations
- Experience with the design and development of pharmaceutical life sciences solutions.