Recruitment Fraud Alert
Takeda has received reports that there are instances of identity thieves posing as Takeda employees in an attempt to steal personal information from job seekers. In these cases, identity thieves visit job-related websites and invite candidates to online chats. During the chat, they press job seekers to provide bank account information and personal identification numbers. If you receive unexpected offers of employment from people claiming to work for Takeda, we suggest you do not correspond with them, do not click any hyperlinks and do not open any attachments.
At Takeda, we will never ask for personal financial information during any step of the interview nor do we charge job seekers fees as part of the recruitment process. Takeda’s recruiting correspondence will be sent by a recruiting representative with an @takeda.com email address – not @gmail.com, @yahoo.com, @hotmail.com or any other email domain service.
If you believe you have been contacted by an unauthorized person, please contact your local law enforcement agency immediately.
Business Analyst Scientific Informatics
Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us as a Global Scientific Workflows Analyst.
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission.
As part of Scientific Informatics, the Global Scientific Workflows team has a mission to lead Scientific Informatics strategy and operations efforts by coordinating with the Scientific Informatics Site Heads and Capability & Product teams to ensure alignment with the Research and Pharmaceutical Sciences organizations.
As a Global Scientific Workflows Analyst, you will be responsible for helping to define ways which technology can enable business, analyzing and interpreting operational needs, anticipating problems, and looking for opportunities to redesign and transform business processes both within Scientific Informatics and R&D to make them more agile and efficient. A typical day will include:
- Understand Research and Pharmaceutical Sciences business process to be able to communicate with appropriate stakeholders and implement relevant technology solutions.
- Partner with Global IT members to support operations including enterprise change and transformation, support portfolio financial planning, and measure and communicate IT values.
- Communicate and obtain executive sponsorships and endorsements on initiatives and partner with leaders and peers within IT to drive continuous improvement of service, processes, user experiences and application optimization aligned with business stakeholders.
- Lead the development of product strategies and drive the product priority-setting in response to business needs aligned with IT architecture, deployment, and release management.
- Support Scientific Informatics with transforming the ways of working, mindsets, and behaviors toward Product Centricity and Digital Dexterity.
- Create and influence guidelines, policies, practices and procedures to drive improvements to internal agile product management and development processes
- Continuous Improvement: Identifies opportunities to streamline and improve effectiveness of operational processes for scientific applications. Identify opportunities to ensure efficiency of the Scientific Informatics Operating Model and Product lifecycle.
- Product Management: Manages complex R&D Scientific Information solutions, lead identification of business process, gather requirements, design and deployment and promote agile/product centric way of working.
- Strategy: Collaborates with IT leadership to define ways in which technology can enable business, establish business case, and translate into a multi-year strategy and project roadmaps that reflect business priorities.
- Value Realization: Incubates ideas and creates Proof-of-Concept (PoC) with ambiguous/well defined requirements to evaluate the feasibility of turning PoC’s into actual projects.
- Communication: Supports the Head of Global Scientific Workflows in the development of content for and the support of delivery of key communication. This is inclusive of written, virtual, and face-to-face communications for internal colleagues; external to the department; and executive level interactions.
- Financial Management: Support Scientific Informatics forecasting and adherence to operating budget by understanding and tracking contracts, renewals, and costs with alignment to Global IT Financial governance.
- Change Management: Steward of the change management strategy supporting Scientific Informatics transformation to a Product Centric operating model.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably with a concentration in Management Information Systems, Finance, Life Sciences, or Project Management.
- Strong work tenure and a Self-Starter. 5-8 years of experience preferably in the pharmaceutical or life sciences industry.
- Previous consulting experience in life sciences is highly desirable.
- Proven ability to elicit requirements from customers and other interfacing application groups to understand current processing as well as new/enhanced requirements for future processing.
- Familiarity working in a lean and agile software delivery team with a focus on product is preferred.
- Understanding of Agile values and procedures, and experience working with technical teams in a lean and agile software delivery team environment.
- Ability to think out of the box with the ability to solve problems and convince stakeholders.
- Strong organizational skills that reflect in your ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to work with virtual/agile teams in global locations outside of normal business hours, aligning and adapting different work, culture and communication styles simultaneously.
- Advanced level of written and verbal communication in English.
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands, and demonstrate the highest level of customer/client service and response.