MSL Oncology (Central UK)Apply Now Email Me Job ID R0014478 Date posted 11/21/2019 Location: United Kingdom; West Midlands, United Kingdom
Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda – winners of the prestigious PMEA Company of the Year Award.
Join us as a Medical Scientific Liaison (MSL), Oncology covering the central part of UK (Midlands, East of England, Thames Valley).
As a Medical Scientific Liaison (MSL), Oncology working in the Medical & Scientific Affairs Team, you will be empowered to provide field-based medical, scientific & educational support to healthcare professionals in order to support the achievement of the company’s goals. You will be encouraged to identify and develop strong, sustainable peer-to-peer relationships with external stakeholders through excellent, best-in-class engagement to support the medical/scientific objectives of the company. Part of your role will be to assist with launch of new oncology products in market.
At Takeda Oncology our mission remains constant; we endeavor to deliver novel medicines to patients with cancer worldwide through our commitment to science, breakthrough innovation and passion for improving the lives of patients. The MSL role is an integral one to delivering this mission within the UK.
- Build and maintain partnerships with KOLs and stakeholders in current and future therapeutic areas of interest.
- Continuously screen, review and analyse scientific literature; generate summaries & critical assessments if appropriate.
- Attend local and global congresses to gather knowledge and information for dissemination to internal stakeholders
- Use specific disease and product knowledge to support Takeda’s solid tumour oncology portfolio and become a field based medical expert of drug and disease for Takeda.
- Participate in the development and implementation of key medical activities (e.g. Advisory boards, medical education and peer-to-peer training activities)
- Provide clinical presentations and medical information as necessary
- Participate in development of patient services and healthcare solutions
- Ensure all activities are in line with the ABPI Code of Practice and Takeda processes.
- Identify and develop long term peer-to-peer relationships with local opinion leaders and other relevant stakeholders in order to understand their unmet needs and implement a targeted approach and tactics in order to present medical data in the most efficient way
- Understand the patient journey and provide insights to support medical and scientific strategy development
- Support Medical Manager and MSL Manager by acting as a consultant on data interpretation and real world experience.
- Act as field-based reference points of scientific and clinical expertise for sales force and other internal stakeholders (e.g. Market access) through training and ad-hoc support, in alignment with Takeda project teams
- Support advisory boards including development, implementation, and facilitation, as needed.
- Support ongoing and future Company Sponsored Studies
- Capture and share in-field insights to support medical and scientific strategy and business development.
- Facilitate unsolicited requests from HCPs for investigator-initiated sponsored research proposals through engagement with Global External Research
- Support Medical Affairs Company Studies (MACS) through site selection, accrual monitoring, and training
- Development and support of national disease registries and Real World Evidence (RWE) projects for relevant disease areas
- Strong experience as an MSL or other relevant role
- Oncology experience is desirable (lung cancer experience is preferable)
- Strong customer engagement skills with the ability to engage both external and internal customers
- Experience with new product launches, especially in oncology and/or orphan disease markets
- Education recommended to be PharmD, MD or PhD
- Desire to put people first and demonstrate the values of Takeda-ism
At Takeda we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realise their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world. Discover more at takedajobs.com.
What Takeda Can Offer You
To further support and inspire our employees, our benefits include: Competitive basic salary, Car Allowance, up to 20% Target Bonus, Contributory Pension Scheme, Private Health Cover and Life Assurance.
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com
West Midlands, Great Britain
Derbyshire, Great Britain, Hereford and Worcester, Great Britain, Leicestershire, Great Britain, Lincolnshire, Great Britain